SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

@DavidW Summoned Planetars are still behaving strangely; after engaging in combat, and with no remaining enemies, my summoned planetar moves next to my True Neutral caster and targets him with repeated holy words and chaos. Also, at least until they engage in combat with something, they're difficult to control, and will abandon move orders almost immediately after they are issued.

I cannot get RC9 to install properly on BG1EE.  Everything seems to work just fine until the very last component, then this happens:

NOTE: [This component is now deprecated] is deprecated. Uninstalling!
        This component has been moved elsewhere in the install order; this deprecated stub is to avoid messing up reinstalls.

Removing [This component is now deprecated] (component #3550)
Will uninstall  44 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7900.
Uninstalled     44 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7900.
Will uninstall  41 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7250.
Uninstalled     41 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7250.
Will uninstall  18 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7230.
Uninstalled     18 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7230.

Then it uninstalls and re-installs everything.  That alone would be bad enough because SCS already takes such a long time to install, but half of the components that worked fine the first time through fail on the reinstall.

Poking a little further, I think this is because the designated component number is used twice, "Improved Healing" also uses #3550.

Edited by Angel
9 hours ago, Hicuty said:

Balor from priest gate spell attacks me although i am protected by protection from evil. I am a chaotic neutral priest if that matters.

Meaning your *own* gate spell? (If so, that's a bug; if not, it's intended behavior).

45 minutes ago, Angel said:

I cannot get RC9 to install properly on BG1EE.  Everything seems to work just fine until the very last component, then this happens:

NOTE: [This component is now deprecated] is deprecated. Uninstalling!
        This component has been moved elsewhere in the install order; this deprecated stub is to avoid messing up reinstalls.

Removing [This component is now deprecated] (component #3550)
Will uninstall  44 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7900.
Uninstalled     44 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7900.
Will uninstall  41 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7250.
Uninstalled     41 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7250.
Will uninstall  18 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7230.
Uninstalled     18 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 7230.

Then it uninstalls and re-installs everything.  That alone would be bad enough because SCS already takes such a long time to install, but half of the components that worked fine the first time through fail on the reinstall.

Poking a little further, I think this is because the designated component number is used twice, "Improved Healing" also uses #3550.

Yes, that's the reason. You can work around it by deleting the line about a deprecated component from the end of stratagems.tp2. (It got missed on my install check because it only happens if you choose the first option in that component.) 

@DavidW

I'm poking through the planetar scripts, and I was able to get my summoned planetar to no longer cast holy word on the PC by adding an additional check, which while present in other spell targeting blocks, seems to be missing in holy and unholy word. Chaos might need a similar fix, but the targeting looks different enough that I'm not 100%.

Here is where I made the change in plangood.bcs, block beginning on line 1292:

IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")
    HaveSpell(CLERIC_HOLY_WORD)  // SPPR710.SPL (Holy Word)
    !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself), ENEMY)      // +++++++++++++++ Only cast on enemies +++++++++++++++
    Range(LastSeenBy(Myself),10)
    !CheckStatGT(LastSeenBy(Myself),99,RESISTMAGIC)
    !CheckStat(LastSeenBy(Myself),2,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)
    !Global("DMWW_mage_difficulty","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(2)
        DifficultyGT(EASIEST)
        GlobalGT("DMWW_mage_difficulty","GLOBAL",0)
    See(LastSeenBy(Myself))
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)
        Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_HOLY_WORD)  // SPPR710.SPL (Holy Word)
    RESPONSE #50
        Continue()
END

Assuming this is the correct fix, the above block looks to have been generated by planet.ssl.

Thanks, and again really enjoying v32 thus far.

4 hours ago, DavidW said:

Yes, that's the reason. You can work around it by deleting the line about a deprecated component from the end of stratagems.tp2. (It got missed on my install check because it only happens if you choose the first option in that component.) 

For anyone else looking for this, the line in question is this:

BEGIN @50000 DESIGNATED 3550 DEPRECATED @50002

This is not really a bug report on the current version (I have no PC to test on at the moment), but I was wondering if the bug with the Fission Slime in Durlag's Tower (with the game not correctly teleporting you to the Chess Board) has been fixed. My last play through was in BG:EE, and this was the only time that I had to use the console.

Guest Galwail

Hi, I was installing SCS and run into following error:

SCS install error: the SSL file dvefreetr.ssl cannot be found at stratagems/genie/genie/ssl
Stopping installation because of error.

To resolve this I had to change following lines in genie.tpa

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvimhere.mrk~ THEN BEGIN
         LAF ssl_to_bcs STR_VAR script=~dvefreetr~ location=~genie/ssl~ END
         LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=~dvefreet=>dw#dvefr~ editstring=~strip_script=>dvmelee~ END
   END

to

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvimhere.mrk~ THEN BEGIN
         LAF ssl_to_bcs STR_VAR script=~dvefreet~ location=~ssl~ END
         LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=dvefreet editstring=~strip_script=>dvmelee~ END
   END

Did I break my game more, or will this change work? I know next to nothing about weidu and ssl, so this is pure guessing on my part 😆

Weidu.log