SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

6 hours ago, Jabberwock said:

Try installing without the changes to cure / cause wounds. I couldn't get it to install correctly and it broke the rest of the install for me when it was included with a bunch of other stuff.

If that doesn't work, try installing a few modules at a time to see if you can figure out what isn't getting through.

That was it, thanks!

Seems like a minor issue, but thought to report it. When you enter Tazok's tent, there is a short fade to black after which around six additional bandits spawn. They are spawned in as blue, but quickly turn hostile.

However, if you kill them in the ~2-3 seconds before they turn hostile (say with a Oil of Fiery Burning/Fire Wand first strike) then you lose massive reputation as if you killed innocents (I didn't hit Ender Sai).

I am using RC9 on a non-EE install and I have had a problem with the difficulty widget. 

My first test character could access the special ability widget and change the difficulty settings. However, every character I have made after that does not have the SCS special ability. I have never turned off the widget (through the conversation or otherwise). 

I have a few mods, SCS is the second last one installed, the only one after that is the music settings and widescreen mod. Weidu log attached. 

I am not quite sure how I managed to break this. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to get the widget back? Is there any more information I can give that would be helpful?

Also thanks for the brilliant mod. 

WeiDU.log

4 hours ago, Notanoctopus said:

I am using RC9 on a non-EE install and I have had a problem with the difficulty widget. 

My first test character could access the special ability widget and change the difficulty settings. However, every character I have made after that does not have the SCS special ability. I have never turned off the widget (through the conversation or otherwise). 

I have a few mods, SCS is the second last one installed, the only one after that is the music settings and widescreen mod. Weidu log attached. 

I am not quite sure how I managed to break this. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to get the widget back? Is there any more information I can give that would be helpful?

Also thanks for the brilliant mod. 

WeiDU.log

-Just to double check as i encountered not finding it at first: the fine tuning widget is now in the game options menu under the difficulty slider (before r9 was under character innate abilities). If this doesn't apply please ignore. (This is with bg2ee).

-----

-Noticed  that the demi lich in watchers keep is immune to breach. Just checking it out a bit now. May be intended. (This second point is on a normal 2.5 bg2ee install with scs 32 r9 'but without the HLA as innates installed' which may mean something.

Edited by david76321
5 hours ago, david76321 said:

Just to double check as i encountered not finding it at first: the fine tuning widget is now in the game options menu under the difficulty slider (before r9 was under character innate abilities). If this doesn't apply please ignore. (This is with bg2ee).

I believe that only applies to the EE versions - I am using the old version and so I understand that it is not there. 

15 hours ago, Notanoctopus said:

That's exceptionally odd. The difficulty widget is assigned by script in the starting areas (ar0602, ar3000, ar4000 in BG2; candlekeep in BG1). I have no idea how it could be installing on some runs but not others.

Can you see if you can reproduce it again for me with a brand new character? And having created that character, can you do CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DW_Initialise_Difficulty_Widget","GLOBAL") and tell me what happens?

For your existing characters, you can get the widget back in any case by doing CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("dw#diffi").

Thanks. I will do some tests tonight or tomorrow to confirm. 

I could reproduce with new characters - I tried a new BG1 and TOB game (in a BGT install) and they did not have it.

Edit: I have tested - when I create a new character, there is no SCS special ability. I input CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DW_Initialise_Difficulty_Widget","GLOBAL") and got back the following text:

DW_INITIALISE_DIFFICULTY_WIDGET GLOBAL set to 1

I tried your other console command, and successfully got the difficulty dialog. The widget special ability was back. 

Thanks very much for your help. I can't think of how I could have stopped it from working. The only things I have done outside of playing normally for an hour or so are:

*Starting a multiplayer game and transfering the save over to singleplayer

*Fiddling around with Shadowkeeper

I wouldn't think either of those could do anything, and certainly not to new characters. Maybe it happens if you use Windows 10 on a full moon on a day starting with a T or something odd. 

Edited by Notanoctopus

Maybe intended: thematically should true sight cast during time stop dispel invisibility instantly during the time stop?

Currently in Bg2.5 and scs it doesn't, you have to wait til time stop ends- but thematically: should it? 

Edited by david76321

I think bug: Otiluke's resilient sphere: 

New fully working mechanic: spells now bypasses saving throws when spell cast on party member. (Awesome)

Not working: If party member has any (1-100) resistance to 'magic' the spell will always fail: giving "magic resistance" in the text box.

Expected: If caster casts ORS on party member: Any MR is ignored.

(Or, if MR is a factor: than the percentage should affect the situation. Ie. 50% of times cast it should work vs party member with 50% MR.)

Working: If caster casts spell on his/herself than any magic resistance had is ignored.

Edited by david76321

I'm having issues installing the smarter dragons and smarter genies components. I've tried installing ONLY these components, plus the AI component needed to make them work, but I keep getting the same error messages. I have no other mods installed and it's a clean install.

I'm using the steam version of Baldur's Gate 2 EE I copied from my steam install to my desktop "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Baldurs Gate\v2.5\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition"

For smarter dragons I keep getting the error below.

ERROR: error loading [weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dragred.baf]
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "weidu_external/workspace\\ssl_out\\dragred.baf")
Smarter dragons (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

For smarter genies the error I get is exactly the same as what Galwail describes below. I was able to get it to install after making the same changes he did but I'm unsure if this will lead to problems in the future.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, Guest Galwail said:

Hi, I was installing SCS and run into following error:

SCS install error: the SSL file dvefreetr.ssl cannot be found at stratagems/genie/genie/ssl
Stopping installation because of error.

To resolve this I had to change following lines in genie.tpa

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvimhere.mrk~ THEN BEGIN
         LAF ssl_to_bcs STR_VAR script=~dvefreetr~ location=~genie/ssl~ END
         LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=~dvefreet=>dw#dvefr~ editstring=~strip_script=>dvmelee~ END
   END

to

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvimhere.mrk~ THEN BEGIN
         LAF ssl_to_bcs STR_VAR script=~dvefreet~ location=~ssl~ END
         LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=dvefreet editstring=~strip_script=>dvmelee~ END
   END

Did I break my game more, or will this change work? I know next to nothing about weidu and ssl, so this is pure guessing on my part 😆

Weidu.log

Mostly for my own benefit, here's a list of bugs reported in this thread since RC9 came out.

"Smarter Dragons" component doesn't install in some configurations - can't reproduce, I suspect it got fixed en passant earlier
"Smarter Priests" complains about CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS being missing in some circumstances should now be fixed.
Errors caused by the absence of Modmerge - I now do a check for modmerge being needed and FAIL with a warning if so
Improved Cure and Cause Wounds has a component that doesn't install because it shares an ID with a DEPRECATED component - all DEPRECATED components removed, it's doing more harm than good
Planetars ignore instructions - planetars have been sent to celestial obedience class
Planetars target their caster with attack spells … and to target practice
PC-summoned fiends ignore protection from evil - PC-summoned fiends now behave themselves
On SR installs, Genie component doesn't install because of a missing script fixed
MGI doesn't block damage from Snowball Swarm; Rakshasas are also affected by it fixed
Cernd doesn't fight effectively against Faldorn
Scroll randomizer should ignore SoD's 'Dancing Lights' and 'Darkness' scrolls Done
'Improved NPC customisation' doesn't work for Xzar and Montaron on EET
Efreetis attack themselves with Flame Arrows
Liches attack themselves with Suffocate
Expeditious Retreat has the wrong icon
Difficulty button messes up the UI on some modded UIs - it should now be much more compatibility-friendly, and in particular has been tested on all the Lefruet UIs
Difficulty button is present on Gameplay screen when you don't have a game loaded, and causes CTD - it's been removed
PC-summoned fiends don't attack when summoned in the absence of hostiles They do now
PC-summoned pit fiends appear invisible (not a bug exactly, but confusing) They now appear visible
The Boneguard doesn't get a proper name string fixed
Characters malformed in 'Mordenkainen's Force Missiles' I can't reproduce this - if anyone can, details would be great
Shandalar has no spells memorised
Improved NPC customization messes up Imoen's interjections on BG1NPC if you change her class fixed; was a problem for any NPC changing class
Bug in german setup-tra line @219 fixed
Crash bug in Diathya's roon in Sendai's enclave fixed (using an obsolete Nabassu cre filename)
Fire shields possibly not blocking insects correctly
Ease-of-use script problems: paladins span Detect Evil
Ease-of-use script problems: edwin keeps casting MMM even when told not to
Difficulty widget sometimes doesn't appear on non-EE installs should be fixed
Extra bandits that spawn in Tazok's tent start blue, go hostile quickly, but lead to REP loss if killed before that
Demiliches are immune to breach should be fixed

Do basilisks close to melee in the absence of targets?
Illithids stand around for 3-4 seconds before getting in
Enemy mages using Acid Sheath lack the green animation (SR compatibility issue)
Thaxll'ssillya doesn't get more hp. can't reproduce - on my install she gets 500+ hp on difficulty Hardcore or Insane
Mages with spirit armor don't use it.
Rayic Gethras pauses a long time before getting in, has a sequencer with only MMM in
Ease-of-use AI no-melee hotkey just disables all attacks

I'm going to do a RC10 release reasonably soon with the more egregious of these fixed, but I'm still caught up in other things so won't do a systematic catch just yet