SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON1,0)

correct me if I am wrong - dude has a melee weapon in the shield slot and ranged in the main slot. SCS AI script doesn't like that.

What is your game version? Patch BG2EE to 2.5 or install latest fixpack (classic BG2).

100% compatible with LefreutUI. Not fully compatible with Dragonspear UI++ (some minor or major, depending on personal preferences, graphical glitch in Character Sheet/Record).

I have also strong suspicion that if you have Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (and probably DSotSC also) mod installed, installing SCS RC10 will cause new areas added by this mod to not appear on the world map.

In my BG:EE install "NPC customisation" doesn't work. I can activate the ability - empty screen will appear and nothing more, just empty dialog box. In BG2EE "NPC customisation" works fine but is incompatible with NPC altering mods like "Give Hexxat her Fighter class" from Klaatu fixes.

Can you cash out that new-area suspicion? I don’t overwrite the WM.

When you say ‘NPC customization is incompatible’ what’s the form of the incompatibility?

can you put up a WeiDU.log for the BGEE install where customization doesn’t work? A lot of my testing was on BGEE and I don’t recall noticing a problem.

13 hours ago, DavidW said:

Can you cash out that new-area suspicion? I don’t overwrite the WP.

When you say ‘NPC customization is incompatible’ what’s the form of the incompatibility?

can you put up a WeiDU.log for the BGEE install where customization doesn’t work? A lot of my testing was on BGEE and I don’t recall noticing a problem.

I've been having a lot of issues with the NPC customization as well. I haven't 100% figured it out yet but for some reason it only happens to certain NPCs and not on others. From my little testing Imoen and Jahera go down to level 0 but mortaron, xzar and kalid seem unaffected by the mod component. Haven't tried anyone else.

I get the feeling is related to another mod that messes with the characters but I already did an install without Atweaks and Tweaks Anthology and it hasn't fixed the problem. Is there anything I can do to "track" the problem more efficiently besides removing mods one by one?

Edited by NdranC
Guest Final release after RC 10?

Hi David,

One quick question before registering G3.. would you please share with us the estimated release date of SCS next RC, or RC 10 itself is a final one?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, DavidW said:

NPC customization is definitely the most ‘beta’ feature - not that I didn’t test it, but more things always come up in the wild!

Has anybody tested it recently? I just did an almost "barebones" install of EET with IR, SR, Ascension and Lefreut's UI and I still have the same problem. Out all the few NPCs I tried, only Imoen, Jaheira and Neera worked while Montaron, Xzar, Khalid and Kivan didn't.

Edited by NdranC
15 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Has anybody tested it recently? I just did an almost "barebones" install of EET with IR, SR, Ascension and Lefreut's UI and I still have the same problem. Out all the few NPCs I tried, only Imoen, Jaheira and Neera worked while Montaron, Xzar, Khalid and Kivan didn't.

Minimal... with EET. Right.

It's likely that this component is only for BG2's NPCs, which the above are not.

2 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Minimal... with EET. Right.

It's likely that this component is only for BG2's NPCs, which the above are not.

Oh interesting... I might scout out some more NPCs to make sure but that might be it. Maybe the way EET installs makes the BG1 only NPCs unavailable to be patched by SCS?

I did use barebones in quotes 😛

9 minutes ago, NdranC said:

Maybe the way EET installs makes the BG1 only NPCs unavailable to be patched by SCS?

No such things... it would also patch Imoen... so SCS only patches BG2 NPCs, and DLC NPCs... meaning that say no Dynaheir, nor Khalid... but Minsc and Jaheira. Cause the two are "dead". And not just almost.

Guest SCS_is_great

Mind flayers kill summoned skeleton warriors via brain drain with better mindflayers installed. Intended?

Incendiary cloud (perhaps among other spells) that hit them causes skeleton warrior summons to try to attack charname, though they still seem to follow orders until they run out of other things to do and then they turnon char name (but without actually going hostile, and can still be given new commands that seem to trump their interest in killing charname).

Sorry if these have been addressed, I tried to look through the release candidate notes but couldnt imagine reading 34 pages of comments instead of just alt tabbing back to BG :)

6 hours ago, Guest Final release after RC 10? said:

Hi David,

One quick question before registering G3.. would you please share with us the estimated release date of SCS next RC, or RC 10 itself is a final one?

Thanks!

RC10 is definitely not final - the ‘official’ version is still v31 until I release a formal SCS v32.

As for when: fairly soon, I hope, but I never give estimated release dates. I don’t want to promise anything I end up unable to deliver.

Guest SCS_is_great

Bodhi battle in spellhold can end in defeat before you even change into the slayer since she may throw domination at you instantly. Not sure if that's an intended "better vampires" result or an oversight of a mechanic change that breaks a themepark battle connected to the storyline.

Recovery of stacked items from ammo and quickslots after finishing spellhold were all decreased to 1 from whatever number they were at when I first went into spellhold.

3 minutes ago, Guest SCS_is_great said:

Bodhi battle in spellhold can end in defeat before you even change into the slayer since she may throw domination at you instantly. Not sure if that's an intended "better vampires" result or an oversight of a mechanic change that breaks a themepark battle connected to the storyline.

Recovery of stacked items from ammo and quickslots after finishing spellhold were all decreased to 1 from whatever number they were at when I first went into spellhold.

Bodhi: bug

Items: are you sure the stacks are reduced and not just split up?