SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Well, those are handwritten rather than auto converted, so the same problem doesn’t apply.

In my current install (with RC6 still) there are several items also lacking proper spacing.

The kobold daggers for example look like this:

Dagger "Nome Stikka"
Though kobolds do not normally wield poison daggers, it is evident that they have been given the means to make these.  The crudeness of the construction of this weapon, however, does not lessen its deadliness - in fact, it can be just as deadly to the wielder as it is to the victim!
STATISTICS:
Damage: 1D4 (plus 6 poison; save to avoid)
Damage type: Piercing
Weight: 1
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Dagger
Type:  1-handed
5% chance of nicking yourself (6 poison)

(No free line above and below statistics)

In ealier SCS versions those daggers did definitely have proper spacing.

So, if it's not the same problem it might be a different problem.

Edited by Ulb

@DavidW I'm seeing the same

ERROR: No translation provided for @16048

error as @Buzda , but with when installing the Spellcasting Demiliches component. Is this also addressed by your fix for their issue? (I have stashed away copies of the debug log and WeiDU.log so far, but cannot upload due to the forum's size restrictions. Let me know if you need them, and I'll try to find some other way to get them uploaded.)

I'm having a problem with mages and spell deflection with spell revisions installed. When burning through spell deflection mages are immediately throwing up 5 or 6 more. You can see the message dialogue of *Spell Deflection (cast previously)* pop up half a dozen or more times.

I've tested spwi522 works as intended on PC's and I've compared spwi522 to DW#sw522 and can't find any difference. (minus the cast animation and sound)

Any idea's?

EDIT: spell deflection blocks AOE component is installed through SR 

Edited by Relay
16 hours ago, Relay said:

I'm having a problem with mages and spell deflection with spell revisions installed. When burning through spell deflection mages are immediately throwing up 5 or 6 more. You can see the message dialogue of *Spell Deflection (cast previously)* pop up half a dozen or more times.

I've tested spwi522 works as intended on PC's and I've compared spwi522 to DW#sw522 and can't find any difference. (minus the cast animation and sound)

Any idea's?

the same thing appears to me when I try to hit enemies mage (under spell deflection )with item revison Bala axe  (dispell on hit )

Hmm, it doesn't seem SCS iwdification comes with shout/greater shout. Is this in the works of being implemented? No scrolls of it exist, though some stuff on EE keeper tells me a certain form of shout exist in one way or another. Though greater shout doesn't.

In regards to summon monster 9, perhaps it is because i have spell revisions but summon monster 9 doesn't exist either for me. I'm currently all on latest installation. 

Edited by TheLoneTremere
19 hours ago, TheLoneTremere said:

In regards to summon monster 9, perhaps it is because i have spell revisions but summon monster 9 doesn't exist either for me. I'm currently all on latest installation. 

It's a "problem" with the latest version of SR, beta 16. MS9 was disabled in favor of re-enabling Gate again, mainly because MS9 needed a total redesign.

This may be a bit of a feature request, but it's been bugging me since v21 (or thereabouts):

Could the Genie summoned by the Efreeti bottle be excluded from the "Smarter Genies" component?

The "improved" AI makes it completely useless because it'll just override direct orders given to it to e.g. cast fireballs (you can sometimes force it, but it requires lots and lots of pausing and "re-casting" if that makes sense). The genie is already pretty useless, but at least you could use the "dumb" version tactically by using positioning and casting its spells "deliberately".

For now, I've gone with just not installing the component, but I'd actually like enemy genies to be as annoying as possible :).

Edited by AnonymousHero
On 1/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, Relay said:

Any idea's?

I don't know if it helps but renaming the spell to 7 characters fixes the issue. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, Ulb said:

In my current install (with RC6 still) there are several items also lacking proper spacing.

The kobold daggers for example look like this:

Dagger "Nome Stikka"
Though kobolds do not normally wield poison daggers, it is evident that they have been given the means to make these.  The crudeness of the construction of this weapon, however, does not lessen its deadliness - in fact, it can be just as deadly to the wielder as it is to the victim!
STATISTICS:
Damage: 1D4 (plus 6 poison; save to avoid)
Damage type: Piercing
Weight: 1
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Dagger
Type:  1-handed
5% chance of nicking yourself (6 poison)

(No free line above and below statistics)

In ealier SCS versions those daggers did definitely have proper spacing.

So, if it's not the same problem it might be a different problem.

OK, so it looks as if the code that autoconverted the old .tra files into the new format (i.e. one file per component) didn't keep the spaces. 

I don't want to risk rerunning that code at this point - too many possibilities for bugs. I've manually fixed this in English; I'll have to leave it to translators to do the other ones. (I don't want to mess with non-English-language TRA files because I can't check that I haven't broken anything.)

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, TheLoneTremere said:

Hmm, it doesn't seem SCS iwdification comes with shout/greater shout. Is this in the works of being implemented? No scrolls of it exist, though some stuff on EE keeper tells me a certain form of shout exist in one way or another. Though greater shout doesn't.

Can't reproduce. Shout and Great Shout exist on my install, both as spells and as scrolls. 

Guest Macnube

Reposting the question as I should have used this thread rather than the one on prebuffing:

Is the following option still supported?

DMWWNeutralPrebuff - set to 1 to allow neutral mages and priests to have long-term defences like Stoneskin in place, rather than insta-casting them when they go hostile. (Arguably this is more realistic, but it can be offputting.)

Changing this setting in the console doesn't seem to affect prebuff behavior as far as I can tell, and the only reference I can find to the variable lives in gohostile.ssl. As far as I can tell from a quick look at some of the generated scripts, DMWWNeutralPrebuff prevents prebuffing when set to 0 via a NoAction call, but even when the script is allowed to continue with DMWWNeutralPrebuff set to 1, the prebuffing still doesn't occur since it looks like the various prebuff blocks include additional checks that prevent it. As an example, with DMWWNeutralPrebuff set to 1, I was able to get firebead to spam cast his stoneskin prebuff by removing the line that checked for a nearby enemy from that particular block (sorry, I don't have access to the files in front of me).

BGEE+SOD 2.5.17.0 (Steam)

SCS 32 r8  commit: 6700e5040f6a3793077e718e975e95412f683d46

9 minutes ago, Guest Macnube said:

Reposting the question as I should have used this thread rather than the one on prebuffing:

Is the following option still supported?

Changing this setting in the console doesn't seem to affect prebuff behavior as far as I can tell, and the only reference I can find to the variable lives in gohostile.ssl. As far as I can tell from a quick look at some of the generated scripts, DMWWNeutralPrebuff prevents prebuffing when set to 0 via a NoAction call, but even when the script is allowed to continue with DMWWNeutralPrebuff set to 1, the prebuffing still doesn't occur since it looks like the various prebuff blocks include additional checks that prevent it. As an example, with DMWWNeutralPrebuff set to 1, I was able to get firebead to spam cast his stoneskin prebuff by removing the line that checked for a nearby enemy from that particular block (sorry, I don't have access to the files in front of me).

BGEE+SOD 2.5.17.0 (Steam)

SCS 32 r8  commit: 6700e5040f6a3793077e718e975e95412f683d46

It's not supported anymore (major under-the-hood changes in the way buffing is done).

Do you want it back? I'm not going to do it for v32 (too much risk of introducing new bugs) but I can pencil it in for v33 if there's demand.