SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

That's a problem with the French patch, not SCS per se - the patch hasn't patched the LUA entries. You can probably work around it by making a copy of L_EN_US.LUA, calling it L_FR_FR.LUA, and dumping it into the override.

Edited by DavidW

Actually, it's even easier than that. The L_xx_xx lua files are built from a common part of the translation tool, since it contains all of the common/shared UI strings between the EEs. You should be able to simply copy the l_fr_fr.lua file from BGEE and drop it directly into the BG2EE override and have it work.

I've updated the original post with RC 2.

RC2's install has a bug in it, it looks as if %ds_loc% isn't set correctly; stratagems\ds\ds.tph exists. This nuked the entire install. .DEBUG

STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2  0 1500 Installed ~Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition~
ERROR: Sys_error("stratagems/%ds_loc%/ds.tph: No such file or directory")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition] because of error.

Damn.

Try again now: I've updated the release.

The new package has the corrected (I believe) iwdspells_arcane.tpa in the root stratagems folder, while the version lacking "OUTER_SPRINT ds_loc ds" is still in stratagems/iwdspells. I've copied over the updated tpa and am running my install script now though.

...aaand that's what I get for trying to rush an update in a 2-minute window.

Should be okay now (and yes, it's just a matter of copying iwdspells_divine to the right folder).

Well shit. This time it's a different error. This one is more opaque to me, but it looks like a counter is going out of bounds in the hidespl.2da, in addition to being copied into override loaded into memory a few hundred times prior to the error. .DEBUG

[override/hidespl.2da] loaded, 7171 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copied [book03.itm] to [override/dw#allsp.itm]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/stats.ids] loaded, 4606 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert ind or %ind% to an integer
ERROR: [stats.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
edit: totally understand if you can't get to it tonight, but if there's a file modification or two you'd like me to try, I've got a few more runs of this script left in me tonight. Edited by agris

@DrAzTiK, you seem to be using an obsolete version of the translation mod. I couldn't find the version in the debug file but this line

[bg2eetrans/language/fr_FR/setup.tra] has 70 translation strings
is a sign that you're using an old version (the latest has 80 strings).

The file L_fr_FR.lua has always been part of the mod since version 2.1 of the game. However the previous version was copying it into lang/fr_FR/override, where WeiDU doesn't find it, while the game does.

Otherwise you would'nt have the game interface in french.

In the newest version (release september 30th), L_fr_FR.lua is now copied into the global override.