SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

@Buzda: both fixed on the repo.

- the SYMBOL_PAIN parse error comes from not checking carefully enough for whether Icewind Dale spells are installed

- the problem with Improved Bodhi happens if you install it without 'Improved Shade Lord' (hence I didn't see it in my own tests)

Thanks for the feedback.

@DavidW

What about tweaking a bit the description of the IWD spells so that it matches that of BG spells (i.e., leave at least a couple of blank lines)? Take a look at this:

Spoiler

Mordenkainen's Force Blade
(Evocation)

Level: 7
Range: Visual range of the caster
Duration: 1 round/level
Casting Time: 7
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None

This spell summons a shimmering sword of force that can be mentally wielded by the caster. It strikes as if it were being used by a Fighter at half the level of the caster, and despite the fact it is held in the hand, it can hit creatures anywhere within the sight of the caster. Although the sword has no bonus to attack, it can hit creatures normally hit only by +2 weapons or lower and inflicts 5d6 points of slashing damage with every strike.

Edited by Luke
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

@DavidW

What about tweaking a bit the description of the IWD spells so that it matches that of BG spells (i.e., leave at least a couple of blank lines)? Take a look at this:

Hide contents

(Evocation)

This spell summons a shimmering sword of force that can be mentally wielded by the caster. It strikes as if it were being used by a Fighter at half the level of the caster, and despite the fact it is held in the hand, it can hit creatures anywhere within the sight of the caster. Although the sword has no bonus to attack, it can hit creatures normally hit only by +2 weapons or lower and inflicts 5d6 points of slashing damage with every strike.

I’m not sure what you have in mind, sorry.

4 minutes ago, DavidW said:

I’m not sure what you have in mind, sorry.

Current version:

Spoiler

(Evocation)

Expected:

Spoiler

(Evocation)

Edited by Luke

Oh, I see.

Almost certainly not, then. The spell descriptions are pulled directly from IWDEE, and they’re pulled in all eight languages. So without a way of automating it - and given the language variation, I can’t see one - this isn’t viable.

20 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Aka, it can be done, but that's outside the scope of the mod.

Or rather: so far as I can see it can only be done manually, and I’m not willing to do that. (It’s not really a matter of scope but of implementation difficulty.)

Automated way ensure that the mod has always lastest translation from IWD files, let's say from Polish translators which did great job for IWDEE. If the cost of including IWDEE spells updates is "missing formatting" then I take it with my eyes closed. There is nothing worse than having a spell description which tells me that the spell is doing something while it's not.

Edited by AL|EN

It looks there is a problem whith stone golem (golsto01.cre) : this golem have a slow effect AOE and the problem is that that the thac0 penality that we have from this slow effect is cumulative. In the end, I have a thac0 of 65 with Korgan. Also, this slow effect doesn't reduce ApR if I am not wrong.

Maybe others golems with a slow effect need to be fixed also.

But I play with RC6 and many mods...

19 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

It looks there is a problem whith stone golem (golsto01.cre) : this golem have a slow effect AOE and the problem is that that the thac0 penality that we have from this slow effect is cumulative. In the end, I have a thac0 of 65 with Korgan. Also, this slow effect doesn't reduce ApR if I am not wrong.

Did you --change-log the .spl file and found out that SCS is the mod that changes the spell to in fact sets the spell to be cumulative ? Or that no mods change it before or after it in a significant way. Aka, if the spell is SPIN977.SPL, which you just need NearInfinity to check that the creature has the golsto01.bcs assigned as it's script and that it contains the spell reference ..and then using weidu.exe, just --change-log the "spin977.spl" .. 

2 hours ago, DrAzTiK said:

Can't reproduce: confirmed as working on an EE install, and in any case I don't touch the relevant part of the spell.

10 hours ago, DavidW said:

Oh, I see.

Almost certainly not, then. The spell descriptions are pulled directly from IWDEE, and they’re pulled in all eight languages. So without a way of automating it - and given the language variation, I can’t see one - this isn’t viable.

I spoke too soon. This isn't an IWD/BG2 difference: on IWDEE the spaces are already present. The converter is deleting them for some reason. Will fix.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Bartimaeus said:

Probably already mentioned, and it's a minor thing, but the "fine-tune settings" ability's icon looks pretty messed up.

So it is: it's meant to be the Enchanted Weapon icon, but I used C rather than B.

(It would be nice to have a more bespoke icon, but I suck at icons. If anyone who can do icons wants to design one for me, please do.)

8 hours ago, DavidW said:

I spoke too soon. This isn't an IWD/BG2 difference: on IWDEE the spaces are already present. The converter is deleting them for some reason. Will fix.

Make also sure to check the description of the items you introduced (e.g., Kobold daggers/arrows)