New engine

Ardanis

I can't seem to quote or reply in G3 News and Announcements subforum. Intended?

I can't find a button in reply form to disable rich text mode.

I can't find a switch to paste in plain text mode by default.

And this version of Invision seems even worse at formatting overall, I wanted to add some text in the middle of sentence and it instead jumped me to the end of line. How can you possibly keep using this horse shit of a forum software...🤬

Edited by Ardanis

I'll add my 2 cents here so as to not spawn several topics. New RSS feed seem to drag in updates of both public and private forums. At least this is the explanation that came to my mind when I started receiving "Error Code 2F173/K  You do not have permission to view this content" on many of topics listed in RSS.

Also, there's "open SHS" and "open PPG" tabs at the top of each RSS feed which take me to respective forum root. For G3 same tab of the new RSS take me to this page instead of G3 forum root.

P.S. I can't find "preview post" or "go to a full editor" buttons, is it just me or they are gone? :(

Edited by Creepin
6 hours ago, Ardanis said:

I can't seem to quote or reply in G3 News and Announcements subforum. Intended?

Fixed.

I can't find a button in reply form to disable rich text mode.

There's no longer a way to view the BBCode.  However, you can still enter BBCode and it will convert it.

I can't find a switch to paste in plain text mode by default.

You can use CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste as plain text - works in Chrome and Firefox.

And this version of Invision seems even worse at formatting overall, I wanted to add some text in the middle of sentence and it instead jumped me to the end of line. How can you possibly keep using this horse shit of a forum software...🤬

I'm not going to defend the software, but my experience so far has been way better than with the old version.

3 hours ago, Creepin said:

I'll add my 2 cents here so as to not spawn several topics. New RSS feed seem to drag in updates of both public and private forums. At least this is the explanation that came to my mind when I started receiving "Error Code 2F173/K  You do not have permission to view this content" on many of topics listed in RSS.

Also, there's "open SHS" and "open PPG" tabs at the top of each RSS feed which take me to respective forum root. For G3 same tab of the new RSS take me to this page instead of G3 forum root.

Thanks, I've removed that RSS feed as it was including topics that shouldn't be visible to guests.  I've added a new stream "All Posts" which may be more to your liking.  All of the streams (including ones you create yourself) have RSS feeds that can be accessed by clicking the link on the right side of the page.

3 hours ago, Creepin said:

P.S. I can't find "preview post" or "go to a full editor" buttons, is it just me or they are gone? :(

As Gwendolyne says, the preview button is the last toolbar button on the right.

42 minutes ago, ALIENQuake said:

It seems that all signatures got extra duplicated empty lines. I fixed my but you should run sql query which will fix all other signatures.

Fixed.

11 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

There's no longer a way to view the BBCode.  However, you can still enter BBCode and it will convert it.

xnqmKhW.gif

Not that I expect you to be able to do anything about it, but not using bbcode mode is so miserable anytime you want to post using a lot of formatting stuff. I remember when bbcode mode was always the default when posting in the olden days...

No matter: thanks for getting stuff back up and running.

Is it possible to make the layout friendlier for 4K monitors? Please see the attached screenshots from SHS vs G3. About 50% of the view on the sides here is a background image for me.

Also, the right pane with files and donations info is removable in SHS (marked on screenshots). Can you implement it here as well?

g3_scrnsht.png

shs_scrnsht.png

Edited by ScuD

I think the restrictions on the width are intentional.  If you compare with articles on big news sites, you will see that they have very generous margins around the text.  I believe the idea is to restrict line length to make sentences easier to read.

My first recommendation would be to use the zoom feature on your monitor.  I have a 1440p monitor and view most websites at 150% zoom.

If that's insufficient, you can use a browser addon to modify the style.  This style change will completely remove the width restrictions:

.ipsLayout_container
{
  max-width: none;
}

As for making the sidebar collapsible, I'd have to look into that.

Edited by Mike1072
fixed CSS