Ardanis

New engine

1 hour ago, lynx said:

any news on the url rewrites?

Still working on it.

13 minutes ago, K4thos said:

I think Coran's Friendship Mod and Garrick's Infatuation forums being part of EET subforums is a mistake.

That's... interesting.  Fixed.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, jastey said:

Also, there is a lot of external scripts/graphics etc. imbedded: fonts.googleapis.com, secure.gravatar.com, fonts.gstatic.com, i.imgur.com, content.invisioncic.com, twemoji.maxcdn.com, www.shsforums.net (the last one sounds especially dubious ;) ), are we sure we need all of those and they do not grab info they are not supposed to pass on?

That stuff is all legitimate and enabled deliberately.  They're not tracking cookies.  If you're concerned about what Google does when you request fonts, check out their FAQ.

fonts.googleapis.com    // Google Fonts 
fonts.gstatic.com       // Google Fonts

secure.gravatar.com     // service used to fetch avatars
twemoji.maxcdn.com      // service used to handle emoji

content.invisioncic.com // forum content

The requests you saw to i.imgur.com and www.shsforums.net are probably due to content in specific posts.  I'm not sure what would cause a request to www.shsforums.net, but embedded images from i.imgur.com make perfect sense.

Do you need any help with the url rewrite stuff? It's quite annoying and degrading search engine results as well.

Yes, it's annoying.

It's not something we have direct control over.  We've been pestering support to fix it.

Would it be possible to leave the smiley window open and not have it shut by itself after chosing one smiley? Because sometimes you just have to post more than one in a row and it gets rather tedious this way (especially since opening that extra window and loading all smiley pictures takes a little while, at least for me).

Erhm, I just got a:

93762488c360e004efe746984503760f155adce1

Not that I can for sure tell you how I got that... but I will post it here anyway. It was gone a few minutes later, so it's good for now, but anyways.

Hey there, folks! Any possibility of the highlighting code display using Argent77’s WeiDU .baf .tp2 .d highlighting?

(not that important in the grand scheme of things, but if we have all those programming languages already there, so I thought I’d ask)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.