Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nominar

The old Dispel/Remove Magic bug

Recommended Posts

I was under the impression that Fixpack fixed the infamous Dispel/Remove Magic bug as per this thread here which I remembered from back in the day: 

 

I noticed in my current run (GOG original BG2, not EE) that dispel magic would always dispel every buff no matter the level differences, which I have never encountered before (this weird behavior is another story, which I'm not focusing on here).

So I did a completely fresh install (GOG original BG2) with only BG2 Fixpack and did some testing with a level 9 mage and a level 8 druid. My conclusion was that dispel magic did not have a 40% chance (50% base - 10% for 1 level difference) of dispelling Stoneskin, more close to 0% chance. I never observed DM working in some 20 castings of the spell.

What's going on here? I thought this spell was fixed. I can't find anything about it in the docs, nor any more discussion on the forums.

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately, fixing this requires an exe hack which is something the Fixpack doesn't do--mainly because it's a little risky, and also because it means it would be a Windows-only fix.

Share this post


Link to post

All right. Strange that I was under the impression this had been added to Fixpack. Is there any mod out there that includes the exe hack or some other way to get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×