--------SPOILER ALERT HIDDEN NPC---------

Guest Tom

I've been trying to recruit the hidden NPC at chapter 6 but it doesn't matter what I say it always end up in a figth with one or the other dying, there is a way to keep both NPCs or are mutually exclusive? My party is Me(Evil cleric/fighter), Dorn, Edwin and Minyae so I got room for up to 2 extra NPC, but I can't avoid that they kill each other on sight. I've tried to boost my charisma, wisdom and inteligence with potions to check for a hidden dialogue but can't make it work.

7 minutes ago, Guest Tom said:

I've been trying to recruit the hidden NPC at chapter 6 but it doesn't matter what I say it always end up in a figth with one or the other dying, there is a way to keep both NPCs or are mutually exclusive? My party is Me(Evil cleric/fighter), Dorn, Edwin and Minyae so I got room for up to 2 extra NPC, but I can't avoid that they kill each other on sight. I've tried to boost my charisma, wisdom and inteligence with potions to check for a hidden dialogue but can't make it work.

There is no way to keep both the Hidden NPC and Minyae within the same party - it's either one or the other. Although, the Hidden NPC is only available to recruit if the PC is good-aligned.

TYVM for the reply, then I guess I will have to stay with Minyae. Maybe in a different run I will try the other NPC, the problem is that I always try to keep the same party from the beginning to the end, so I don't like the idea to ditch Minyae after I've got it in the party until chapter 6. Thank you very much for this mod.

Thanks, that link worked, Jarno. I had a Q for u jmaeq, would u recommend using MInyae with a total good party? I hardly ever keep Edwin as I disliked his character all the way back to BG1. I hardly ever use Evil party members, so I wanted to know if I take her and don't use Edwin will it still be worth it?

1 hour ago, Psionica said:

I hardly ever keep Edwin as I disliked his character all the way back to BG1.

Neither did I, the reason being that in BG1 he couldn't be able to cast the Fireball spell. Which is why, when he can in BG2, I hated him and murdered him on the spot. .. after I had done the quest related stuff.

Just as a reminder: Evil party'es are easy to manage in BG2, as you have Viconia, which makes it easier to manage the reputation as you can kick her out which gives you +2 reputation, but while recruiting her back, it removes the same amount... but if you start from 19, the max is 20, so be as heroic as you like, your party will never have higher than 18 reputation, which is the limit of when the Evil members would eventually get out.

8 hours ago, Psionica said:

Thanks, that link worked, Jarno. I had a Q for u jmaeq, would u recommend using MInyae with a total good party? I hardly ever keep Edwin as I disliked his character all the way back to BG1. I hardly ever use Evil party members, so I wanted to know if I take her and don't use Edwin will it still be worth it?

If you're worried she won't like the PC or leave the party, there's no need to worry about that. Her friendship track will still trigger regardless of your alignment (having Edwin in the party has no impact on the friendship track). Although, she might throw some insults your way if you act nice, but it won't ruin anything. If you decide to keep her all the way to ToB and your friendship with her is still active....

Spoiler

If you say the right things, she could change her alignment.

Hope this helps!

Edited by jmaeq
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Neither did I, the reason being that in BG1 he couldn't be able to cast the Fireball spell. Which is why, when he can in BG2, I hated him and murdered him on the spot. .. after I had done the quest related stuff.

Just as a reminder: Evil party'es are easy to manage in BG2, as you have Viconia, which makes it easier to manage the reputation as you can kick her out which gives you +2 reputation, but while recruiting her back, it removes the same amount... but if you start from 19, the max is 20, so be as heroic as you like, your party will never have higher than 18 reputation, which is the limit of when the Evil members would eventually get out.

I didn't like his hollier than thou attitude. Which I see he keeps up in BG2. I like Viconia, thou I haven't yet tried her romance. I seem to always romance Jaheira unless I'm playing a romance Mod. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, jmaeq said:

If you're worried she won't like the PC or leave the party, there's no need to worry about that. Her friendship track will still trigger regardless of your alignment (having Edwin in the party has no impact on the friendship track). Although, she might throw some insults your way if you act nice, but it won't ruin anything. If you decide to keep her all the way to ToB and your friendship with her is still active....

Hide contents

If you say the right things, she could change her alignment.

Hope this helps!

Thanks jmaeq, I will be taking her along my next playthrough once I'm thru with my current. I take it she cannot be romanced by anyone but Edwin? I like playing romance mods, my fav to date so far is Tsujatha. I'm looking forward to playing Minyae

6 hours ago, Psionica said:

Thanks jmaeq, I will be taking her along my next playthrough once I'm thru with my current. I take it she cannot be romanced by anyone but Edwin? I like playing romance mods, my fav to date so far is Tsujatha. I'm looking forward to playing Minyae

You're correct, she cannot be romanced by anyone else but Edwin. I hope you find her to your liking. :)

On 11/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, Guest Gnoll said:

What class is the hidden NPC? Thank you, sorry if asking this defeats the purpose of having them be hidden!

My apologies for the delayed response, the hidden NPC's class is

ranger.

Edited by jmaeq