Bug report

Hi I'm starting a separate topic as it is a report for v31 and v32rc7.

I'm using v31 on a classic BGT install (because v32 won't install on BGT) and found 2 bugs:

First smarter general AI corrupts viconi4 and viconi61 creature files. It is only game breaking if you visit the area where viconia appear (south beregost road in my case with tweaks) for the first time while being lvl 5 or more.

Second as in v30 some dragons are not affected by the dragon staying power component (abazigal notably)

Now for v32rc7 I'm using it on a EET install and more than a bug report i'm just giving feedback: I really like being able to fine tune difficulty of components on the fly. Also as hp increase for staying power is in the creature script every creature concerned seems to be affected.

However it's perhaps just a feeling but overall I find v32 easier than v30 or it is just me?

On a side note as said before I was not able to install v32 on a BGT install, only on EET.

Thanks for the mod (i'm using it since v21 i thing and have enjoyed v30 quite a bit after correcting some bugs with NI it was a blast)

Edited by krevett

In v30/31 I use the component "Mages are allowed to cast spells instantly at the start of combat only when they are created near the PC". On v32 I'm playing on hardcore (Mages advance-cast any defensive spells with a duration of at least three rounds per level. If they appear in sight of the party, they also advance-cast defensive spells with a duration of at least one round per level). It might be the enhanced edition I don't know but when the fight starts, there's a small delay for the defensive spell to be cast where the mage is vulnerable. On v30/31 there was also a small delay but it was much shorter (but as I said I was not playing these versions on the enhanced edition). I saw mage cast protection from normal arrows at the start of combat even though the spell has a duration greater than 1/rd per level shouldn't it be cast in advance or do I misunderstand the component?

Enhanced edition is probably demanding more from the CPU, so the scripts my be a little longer to execute.

A little side note ^^ if you could set the option to exit the difficulty widget as the last one in the dialog it would be nice to avoid clicking remove the widget from my special abilities (Yes sometime I'm a bit hasted when clicking dialogs... BTW I like the widget it removes the need to play with variables in the console. Also nice for the casual user ;) )

I'll try to give more feedback if I get the time to play a bit more (quite busy this time!)

Edit: in v30/31 also the glabrezu was missing in guarded compound (kettaatk.bcs) it seems to have been restored in v32 but the mordenkainen sword from previous versions was removed.

Edited by krevett

Retested some battles today after a fresh install seems to work more smoothly ^^ my install was probably too old and bloated with too much files...

BTW before upgrading to most recent version I think I was still playing with v21 or 22 (can't remember) and I've seen that the improved battle with irenicus in hell was removed. Do you plan on re-adding this component? Or in the negative could you pm me the latest version that had this component in I can't find older versions to download (if you still have it of course!)...I only have v30/v31 and v32rc7 on my hdd and I regret erasing older versions as I could have borrowed some elements for personnal use on more recent versions ;)

Thanks for this mod again!

Edit: nevermind I found how to browse older versions from the site ;)

Edited by krevett

I managed to install improved irenicus battle from v21 on top of v31 on my bgt install and with a little trick managed to install it in eet with v32rc7. Did not fully test but it seems to work as expected (did a quick test on eet by teleporting to ar2900 with tears of bhaal added in inventory and the fight starts as expected. However i could not test the full fight as my party was wiped in less than 10 seconds the edited save was only at lvl 7 😋 for those interested with this specific component)

Will still have to test if everyone is using their powers as they should...

I don't really know if it's a bug but when importing a mage or cleric with hla they get removed (only hla that appear in the spell submenu) when using "treat hla as innate" component.

On v31 in bgt it works I can import a character with hla however importing the same character in eet with v32 gets all spell hla removed from the submenu and I can't use them any longer. If I level up and pick new hla they appear as expected (and you can see when selecting that the old one you picked earlier are still remembered)

Edit: on eet I'm also using the iwd spells components if that makes a difference...

Edited by krevett

OK I have done a few tests concerning hla and can give more details:

If I level up and pick some mage/priest hla then save the game and load, no problem hla are still there.

If I export the character, start a new game (either BG1, BG2, TOB, or BP) mage/priest hla are removed.

Other hla (fighter, thief, etc...) are left untouched so no problem.

I can reproduce HLA spells disappearing when you export the character. I can reproduce it on BG2EE, vanilla ToB, and BGT - and the relevant code is identical between v31 and v32. 

I think you'll have to live with it for now - I'm not at all sure what's causing it and it's relatively niche. Once I've got a stable v32 I'll try to come back to it.

Well indeed that does it in v31 in bgt too!!

I told you it was not the case because I managed to import characters keeping hla at first (I don't know why it worked the first time in fact and I'm happy I kept the saved game as a backup) but it doesn't work anymore (that's really strange since I didn't change anything since...).

Anyway you're right it's really niche (I'm only doing this for quick testing purposes) and NI still exists if I really want those hla back...

I'm just starting to get into weidu and try to understand the code (I'm using v31 as a base) just for personal entertainment and I'm really impressed by your commitment. It was quite hard to understand at first until I found your sfo docs (nice to leave your notes and comments for others to "try" to understand).

Anyway I'm happy I managed to restore ii and integrate it directly in my v31 install.

Now waiting for the stable v32 to do a full reinstall of my EET ;)

Really one of the best mods in existence aroud here (can't imagine playing again on a vanilla AI)!!

Edit: Export seems to work fine (by looking at files with NI) it's when importing that hla get removed

Edited by krevett

I know you're waiting to have a stable release as it's a really niche problem as you said but I can give a bit more information about the hla not importing.

If I start a multiplayer game in bgt with v31 and import they are lost as I said earlier but only for characters imported in the player 1 slot.

However on eet with v32rc7 I did not manage to get them to show, in all slots result is the same.

In both cases i'm using ease of use ai.

Edited by krevett
On 1/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, DavidW said:

I can reproduce HLA spells disappearing when you export the character. I can reproduce it on BG2EE, vanilla ToB, and BGT - and the relevant code is identical between v31 and v32. 

I think you'll have to live with it for now - I'm not at all sure what's causing it and it's relatively niche. Once I've got a stable v32 I'll try to come back to it.

Can you investigate lich touch on 32 v7? It seems to hit but no damage or save is  provoked?

Edited by TheLoneTremere
14 minutes ago, TheLoneTremere said:

Can you investigate lich touch on 32 v7? It seems to hit but no damage or save is  provoked?

I can confirm this issue on RC 8. In particular, the spell does 1d10 cold damage upon a failed Save vs. Paralysis -----> It should do 1d10 cold damage with no save and paralyze the target upon a failed Save vs. Paralysis (however, the spell description states nothing about the duration of the paralyzation......)

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

I can confirm this issue on RC 8. In particular, the spell does 1d10 cold damage upon a failed Save vs. Paralysis -----> It should do 1d10 cold damage with no save and paralyze the target upon a failed Save vs. Paralysis (however, the spell description states nothing about the duration of the paralyzation......)

Yeah, not only that but chill touch and ghoul touch also don't work as they should either, they do 1 damage instead of a roll of d6/d8 respectively. I'll see if the secondary effects are taking place with an edit to this post.

Lich touch doesn't seem to do damage period for me.

EDIT - it seems elemental damage is minium for certain enemies, Or at least dwarfs? Chill and ghoul does the normal damage it should against a moose and bear i tested against. Lich touch doesn't do anything.

Edited by TheLoneTremere

I don't touch Ghoul Touch or Chill Touch, and a quick test suggests they're working normally.

I can reproduce the problem with Lich Touch. Amusingly, it's actually a bug in IWD:EE, i.e. I can reproduce it on unmodded IWD:EE too. My code is just carrying the bugged version over (the IWD spell system in SCS is auto-converted from IWD:EE files). Still, I'll do a fix when I have a chance.