Bug report

Just now, DavidW said:

I don't touch Ghoul Touch or Chill Touch, and a quick test suggests they're working normally.

I can reproduce the problem with Lich Touch. Amusingly, it's actually a bug in IWD:EE, i.e. I can reproduce it on unmodded IWD:EE too. My code is just carrying the bugged version over (the IWD spell system in SCS is auto-converted from IWD:EE files). Still, I'll do a fix when I have a chance.

When you get a chance, can you copy and paste the fixed file version here so i can past it in my override folder? Thanks.

The problem i was having is that, if i casted chill touch/ghoul touch and was attacking this dwarf outside the cave in the SoD expansion. (The one who left his friends and ask you to go in) it for some reason would do minimum damage. Maybe it was a component in a mod to do less damage to allies? Dunno.

Hi david, just a small thing I think the code has not changed since v31 for spellhold and license cost components. I never used them before but noticed a small bug (with french translation) in original BGT. The string for the license cost is messed up in the french version (ie 50.000 instead of 5.000) so it is not replaced. For the spellhold cost, the french version use "20 000" with a space so again the string is not replaced. Just need to add the following   "20 000" => "%asking_price_string%" "15 000" => "%actual_price_string%" and 50.000 => %pricestring% to correct this.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, krevett said:

Hi david, just a small thing I think the code has not changed since v31 for spellhold and license cost components. I never used them before but noticed a small bug (with french translation) in original BGT. The string for the license cost is messed up in the french version (ie 50.000 instead of 5.000) so it is not replaced. For the spellhold cost, the french version use "20 000" with a space so again the string is not replaced. Just need to add the following   "20 000" => "%asking_price_string%" "15 000" => "%actual_price_string%" and 50.000 => %pricestring% to correct this.

Done.

Guest EddyCosta

Hello. I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but i can't seem to find a better place.
So, the problem is that in the middle of combat, if someone in my party (normally is Minsc) becomes charmed, their circles go RED but they stand there still and do not attack my party back or anything.
I've read in another thread that this probably is happening because of SCS.
Is anyone experiencing this? 
If so, how do i fix it? Or what part os SCS must i unninstall or not install to avoid this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I forgot to mention that i'm playing Baldur's Gate EE, not Baldur's Gate II EE.

The 'charmed - no action' bug happens all the time to me and did so for years. I actually kind of assumed it was 'normal' game behaviour if you have no AI script set or have the AI turned off..

(Though thinking about it, that doesn't make much sense.. since why would that part be handled by the player set AI script..)

Edited by Ulb
33 minutes ago, Ulb said:

The 'charmed - no action' bug happens all the time to me and did so for years. I actually kind of assumed it was 'normal' game behaviour if you have no AI script set or have the AI turned off..

I think it's just how the ordinary Charm opcode works. Dire Charm -> red-circled, attack PCs. Charm -> stand around looking pained.

13 hours ago, DavidW said:

I think it's just how the ordinary Charm opcode works. Dire Charm -> red-circled, attack PCs. Charm -> stand around looking pained.

Well yeah, now that you've mentioned it, it makes perfect sense.

I guess it's just the red circle and dire charm experiences that make people expect charmed characters to attack.

A blue circle would probably be better but that's a feature request for the EE forums..