Tweaks Anthology v7 (unsupported build): Problem with "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn"

Bug: Currently you can't send BioWare NPCs to an inn in the BG1 part of an EET installation. This problem was initially reported in the baldursextendedworld forum but I didn't see an error report in this forum yet.

Setup: Install EET and CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v8, start a new game, recruit Xzar and Montaron and try to kick them out sending them to an inn. I tested this with a fairly minimal installation:

BG1:

~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24600
~DLCMERGER/SETUP-DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.2
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #52 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #62 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #72 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v24.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v24.0

BG2:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24600
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core - resource importation: 1.0 RC11
~EET_FIX/EET_FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET Fix: v1
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v8
~EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end - last mod in install order
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

The result conversation didn't contain any option to send Montaron to an inn:20190106213717_1.thumb.jpg.0f22966fa62ee44b042f883a707b5f16.jpg

According to baldursgateextendet the dialogs do in fact appear in the BG2 part of the game.

Edited by Throari
Guest Throari response
35 minutes ago, Throari said:

I played further and joined with Khalid and Jaheira (thereby knowing at least the friendly arm inn). After this i traveled to another area and kicked them out. Same result, there were no options to send them to an inn.

a) Friendly Arm is known from the beginning because Gorion sends you there to meet Jaheira and Khalid

b) the options appear in the BG2 parting dialogues instead of BG1. EET has different P-dlg files for each campaign and the mod appends to the wrong ones.

15 hours ago, CamDawg said:

You don't get the option when kicking them out, you have to talk with them again.

Is there a reason for this? It seems quite counterintuitive to me. Players are probably expecting it to work similar to how BG2 handles it.

If doing it this way is significantly easier to code, it's probably not a big deal but otherwise I'd say offering that option during the kick-out dialogue would be more convenient and more in-line with how it works in BG2.

1 hour ago, Ulb said:

Is there a reason for this? It seems quite counterintuitive to me. Players are probably expecting it to work similar to how BG2 handles it.

If doing it this way is significantly easier to code, it's probably not a big deal but otherwise I'd say offering that option during the kick-out dialogue would be more convenient and more in-line with how it works in BG2.

The honest answer is that this is how it was originally coded, and I generally don't poke stuff that's already working. I can look at it for v9.

It’s my code from more than a decade ago, so I have little recollection as to why. But I think it’s because NPC departure in BG1 is quite complicated - whether they leave forever depends on various reputation and state variables, and even worse, given the NPC pairings then telling one NPC to leave can cause another to. All that is tricky to intervene in. Doubly so given the need to allow for interactions with the separate-pairs component, which might be installed before this one, after it, or not at all. Once the NPC is out of the party, on the other hand, it’s pretty simple to offer ‘go to an inn’ as an alternative REPLY off the join dialog.