Adding Additional Content

9 hours ago, jastey said:

I can add a note, of course. As long as the two mods use different dlg files it shuldn't lead to mixups, though.

@theacefes In the "setup.tp2" there is still text that should be trayfied:

To extend on my above suggestion. I'd go with @000 - @003 to reduce mixup potential of text lines per contribution.

I have to go through all of these in the tp2 and manually number them so mass replace, regardless of the placeholder number, doesnt really work here, since the tp2 tra is nearly 600 strings long. 

9 hours ago, jastey said:

@theacefes Also, it would be great if the template would consider different languages for the tra files.

These have been copied from the current setup which is just English. The template is not a complete reflection of the actual mod folder setup but there is an English folder in the mod. But adding other language folders is easy. 

The biggest time sucker is just creating the folders for every talk and doing the legwork of trafying dialogue. That is what I was going for in this template. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:26 PM, theacefes said:

I haven't touched weidu in 7 years...can you put tra statements in debug file prints?

I don't have experience with it but I surely hope so?

On 1/12/2019 at 9:21 PM, theacefes said:

The template is not a complete reflection of the actual mod folder setup but there is an English folder in the mod. But adding other language folders is easy. 

Providing the structure for it might lead to less mixups in the contributions as well as less silly questions how to handle several translations. ;)

Trying to get time to test the “PRINT | PATCH_PRINT” resolve strrefs using tra... I am pretty sure back in the day there was an issue with it. Modern WeiDU probably has no problems, but it is worth checking before you have to traify that manually .

The mod is calles Crossmod Banter Pack but would it be the right place for crossmod that needs the other mod but is e.g. interjections into a quest mod also? (Ajantis for example has some very strict opinions to some of the Alternatives offers and really can't wait until the dialogues are over...) It should work the same way than NPC-NPC crossmod banter, I mean with respect to how it would be handled by the Crossmod Banter mod and should be ok, or does anyone disagree?

Found the workaround for printing to the log - 

DOSOMETHING @52 /* ~myTraline~ */

OUTER_SPRINT myVar @52

APPEND ~myFile~ %myVar%

Don’t know if that helps, but the original idea was to create a user readable log of what banters were actually installed.