Valygar Not Showing Up

I'm fairly certain that SR does not touch Valygar or his ranger friends. So just to be clear, when you walked up the stone stairs by the mimic cave, there was no ranger confrontation? And then when you went into Valygar's cabin and opened the bedroom door, Valygar was not in there?

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 16 (Revised V1.0.7)

That's my weidu.log that I just tested with by jumping to AR1100 (Umar Hills) and seeing everything was correct - what's yours?

@Jarno: I just tested with creating a fresh SoA game and immediately CLUAing to the Umar Hills, and Valygar and his pals are still there, so it should be unnecessary?

Edited by Bartimaeus

I did everything I was supposed to do for his quest.  I will note, however, that I did uninstall a previous copy of the game where I had mods that conflicted.  I wonder if my Mac somehow saved those mods, even though the new copy of the game didn't have any of the characters I had created?  That doesn't make sense, so I don't think that's the case.

Edited by noah.linden1

Sorry, I'm bad with technology and would only screw something like that up.  I suspect my Mac somehow saved all the conflicting data, superimposed it onto my fresh copy of BG2, and fucked up this copy as well.  (It has backup data for everything, and I'm not skilled enough to remove it without creating further problems.)  It's the only way to explain why I'm having even more problems with this new copy of the game.  I guess there's nothing I can do but get a brand new computer, or use EE Keeper, which doesn't seem to work (I can't get it to actually modify any of my save files because it says I haven't chosen the correct destination, or something like that).

Edited by noah.linden1