Evandra Overview and FAQ

Rhaella

Meet Evandra, an elven illusionist, and for those familiar with the Dragonlance setting, a Red Robed Wizard of High Sorcery. She can be found inside the Planar Sphere, trapped alongside the Knights of Solamnia, and will be more than willing to join forces with you to try to solve the puzzles of the place.

Evandra is the quintessential stranger in a strange land, though this is by no means a new state of affairs for her. She is True Neutral in alignment, and pretty comfortable dealing with people on all sides of the spectrum, though she doesn't have much use for either good or evil in general. Expect both her illusion magic and her elven background to have a strong influence on her character--Evandra tends to bring a bit of a strange, detached perspective to matters. 

Information

Name: Evandra
Race: Elf
Class: Illusionist
Alignment: True Neutral

Biography: When asked about her past, Evandra laughs and points out that very little she could say about Ansalon would mean much of anything to you. She claims to come from an elven kingdom called Qualinesti, though the way that she speaks about it would suggest that she is not on the best of terms with her people. She has considerably more to say about her status as a Wizard of High Sorcery, a prestigious title by all accounts, and one that she admits will take some effort to do without. You get the impression that she is somewhat conflicted about what it might mean to find herself in a new and unfamiliar world.

Stats
STR 12
DEX 16
CON 10
INT 18
WIS 13
CHA 14

Q: Where do I pick her up? 
A: Evandra can be found in the Planar Sphere, just inside the sealed door. Unfortunately, this does mean you will need to take on the quest to recruit her, but this is where the Dragonlance characters are. Note that she will only show up prior to Chapter 4.

Q: Is there ToB content?
A: Yes, there is.

Q: What happens with the Knights of Solamnia?
A: The Mage Stronghold option of returning the Knights of Solamnia to Ansalon has been deactivated, though protagonists of all classes will eventually be able to resolve their situation.

Q: Is there a quest?
A: Yes, there is an encounter that will take place in the Underdark.

Q: Any chance to make her a regular mage?
A: I don't think so. Illusionist is written all over her character, and Necromancy makes sense as a prohibited school for any elf. 

Q: Is she voiced?
Yes, she is fully voiced.

Q: Is there a romance?
A: Yes, she's available as a romance option for male elves with an Intelligence of 12 or higher. All alignments and classes are acceptable.

Q: Only elves? Really?
A: For the moment, at least. I wanted to try a race-specific romance and it makes the most sense given the character.

Q: But I hate romances!
A: Evandra was initially conceived of as a friendship rather than romance mod, and that is still the primary focus. The friendship track consists of 13 dialogues that take place before heading to Spellhold, and a protagonist will need to explicitly show interest during the last talk to trigger a romance later in the game. You will not be shortchanged if you choose not to. Note, however, that the default friendship track will no longer be available once you leave Amn.

Q: How do I start the romance?
A: Make sure you complete the friendship track before heading for Spellhold. During the last talk, you will have the option to explicitly show interest. She'll tell you to ask her again in a decade, but things will evolve in Chapter 4.

Q: Are there any class or race combinations will more content?
A: Elves have the most unique content, though mages have a little bit as well.

Q: How does she get along with the other NPCs?
A: She doesn't have serious conflicts with anyone, though the closest she gets to one is probably with Neera. She doesn't particularly care for the knightly personalities either. She has 2-5 banters with each NPC in SoA and one banter a piece in ToB. Haer'dalis, Jaheira, Valygar, and Viconia have the most content, and Cernd, Hexxat, Jan, and Korgan the least.

Q: Will there be crossmod?
A: Yes, she will be signed up for the Crossmod Banter Pack at some point.

Edited by Rhaella
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:56 PM, Rhaella said:

A: Evandra was initially conceived of as a friendship rather than romance mod, and that is still the primary focus. The friendship track consists of 13 dialogues that take place before heading to Spellhold, and a protagonist will need to explicitly show interest during the last talk to trigger a romance later in the game. You will not be shortchanged if you choose not to. Note, however, that the default friendship track will no longer be available once you leave Amn.

What is the 13th friendship dialogue, I don't want to miss it so I can start the romance?

4 minutes ago, Rhaella said:

Not at the moment. I've actually written some, but I was hoping to get crossmod done for other mods as well before publishing it. I'll need to put some real effort into getting that done once I get home in June.

Nice. Keep up the good work!

Adrian truly is one of the best BG2 companion mods out there.

53 minutes ago, Vlan said:

Nice. Keep up the good work!

Adrian truly is one of the best BG2 companion mods out there.

Haha, he was a lot easier to write banters for, at the very least! You can get a lot of mileage out of a character who indiscriminately hates everyone. 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:33 AM, Psionica said:

As far as crossmod, when u get around to adding it to her, was u considering adding some between her and Fade?

You know, I don't think I've ever written crossmod with Fade for any character. I suppose I could at some point, now that I think Lava is maintaining her.

Guest Caszidy

Hi, this is really amazing mod. I am in the middle of my playthrough and my character just finished the friendship path with Evandra and shown interest to romance her in the last talk. Now I am ready to sail to Spellhold, however in the meantime I kind of "accidentaly" (well...) run the romance with Jaheira to very advanced level (where Elminster showed up and gave Jaheira the Harpers necklace - I think this is really late stage in Jaheira romance, maybe SoA end? I don't remember because I get to this stage due to the buggy nature of Jaheira romance only ages ago) so my question is this - will the romance talks with Evandra start despite my character being in relationship with Jaheira, or the Jaheira romance will prevent Evandra romance talks, so I must edit my save game in EEkeeper to shut Jaheira romance down? 

Thanks for eventual answer and sorry for my english;-)