Sign in to follow this  
Rhaella

Bug and Typo Reports

Question: I have a dialogue which is crashing my game. It is the one with Evandra talking to Viconia about not believing the Underdark existed, but now having seen it, yadda yadda yadda.  I get there, and I crash. Is there a way to EE Keeper past this before it hits? What would the variable be? I have looked through the variables, nothing jumps out as obvious. Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

2 hours ago, rossbach451 said:

Question: I have a dialogue which is crashing my game. It is the one with Evandra talking to Viconia about not believing the Underdark existed, but now having seen it, yadda yadda yadda.  I get there, and I crash. Is there a way to EE Keeper past this before it hits? What would the variable be? I have looked through the variables, nothing jumps out as obvious. Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

That's very strange. You get through the whole dialog and then it crashes? The variable you need is:

C:SetGlobal("rh#EvaViconia5","GLOBAL",1)

24 minutes ago, Rhaella said:

That's very strange. You get through the whole dialog and then it crashes? The variable you need is:

C:SetGlobal("rh#EvaViconia5","GLOBAL",1)

No, the dialogue gets one line out then crashes.

OK, it looks like the issue is with all Evandra/NPC interactions, as it locked up after she tried a conversation with Edwin.  Not sure what to do, and not sure what you need to see to diagnose a cure. 

25 minutes ago, rossbach451 said:

OK, it looks like the issue is with all Evandra/NPC interactions, as it locked up after she tried a conversation with Edwin.  Not sure what to do, and not sure what you need to see to diagnose a cure. 

Is it crashing to the desktop or is it just the dialog that gets cut off? I suspect the problem here has something to do with your installation, given the issues you had installing in the first place. Did you ever try deleting BG2EE and reinstalling it completely? You'll almost certainly need to start a new game if you do that, but I think whatever is going on here is bigger than the mod itself.

2 minutes ago, Rhaella said:

Is it crashing to the desktop or is it just the dialog that gets cut off? I suspect the problem here has something to do with your installation, given the issues you had installing in the first place. Did you ever try deleting BG2EE and reinstalling it completely? You'll almost certainly need to start a new game if you do that, but I think whatever is going on here is bigger than the mod itself.

You may be on to something. I do have artifacts from mods that were on the game before I update the version of BG2EE. I will bite the bullet and go for a completely clean sweep. I will let you know how that turns out. Thanks!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this