Bug and Typo Reports

Rhaella

Question: I have a dialogue which is crashing my game. It is the one with Evandra talking to Viconia about not believing the Underdark existed, but now having seen it, yadda yadda yadda.  I get there, and I crash. Is there a way to EE Keeper past this before it hits? What would the variable be? I have looked through the variables, nothing jumps out as obvious. Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

2 hours ago, rossbach451 said:

Question: I have a dialogue which is crashing my game. It is the one with Evandra talking to Viconia about not believing the Underdark existed, but now having seen it, yadda yadda yadda.  I get there, and I crash. Is there a way to EE Keeper past this before it hits? What would the variable be? I have looked through the variables, nothing jumps out as obvious. Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

That's very strange. You get through the whole dialog and then it crashes? The variable you need is:

C:SetGlobal("rh#EvaViconia5","GLOBAL",1)

25 minutes ago, rossbach451 said:

OK, it looks like the issue is with all Evandra/NPC interactions, as it locked up after she tried a conversation with Edwin.  Not sure what to do, and not sure what you need to see to diagnose a cure. 

Is it crashing to the desktop or is it just the dialog that gets cut off? I suspect the problem here has something to do with your installation, given the issues you had installing in the first place. Did you ever try deleting BG2EE and reinstalling it completely? You'll almost certainly need to start a new game if you do that, but I think whatever is going on here is bigger than the mod itself.

2 minutes ago, Rhaella said:

Is it crashing to the desktop or is it just the dialog that gets cut off? I suspect the problem here has something to do with your installation, given the issues you had installing in the first place. Did you ever try deleting BG2EE and reinstalling it completely? You'll almost certainly need to start a new game if you do that, but I think whatever is going on here is bigger than the mod itself.

You may be on to something. I do have artifacts from mods that were on the game before I update the version of BG2EE. I will bite the bullet and go for a completely clean sweep. I will let you know how that turns out. Thanks!

Possible bug:

I'm romancing Evandra and after I return to Athkatla from Spellhold/Underdark, Bodhi is supposed to kidnap Evandra when I go to the Graveyard because she's my PC's lover, correct? 

When that happens, Evandra's equipment drops to the ground, she's removed from the party, but her character remains standing still, and I can't talk to her. If I CTRL-Q Evandra into my party she has no more sounds/dialogue.

When I go down to Bodhi's lair Evandra has been changed into a vampire, and I kill her as per normal. When I pick up Evandra's body and resurrect her at the Statue of Amaunator, her character reappears but she won't talk to me. Again, CTRL-Q-ing Evandra into my party after her resurrection also means she has no more sounds/dialogue.

Please advise? Thanks! 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:35 AM, f0calizer said:

Possible bug:

I'm romancing Evandra and after I return to Athkatla from Spellhold/Underdark, Bodhi is supposed to kidnap Evandra when I go to the Graveyard because she's my PC's lover, correct? 

When that happens, Evandra's equipment drops to the ground, she's removed from the party, but her character remains standing still, and I can't talk to her. If I CTRL-Q Evandra into my party she has no more sounds/dialogue.

When I go down to Bodhi's lair Evandra has been changed into a vampire, and I kill her as per normal. When I pick up Evandra's body and resurrect her at the Statue of Amaunator, her character reappears but she won't talk to me. Again, CTRL-Q-ing Evandra into my party after her resurrection also means she has no more sounds/dialogue.

Please advise? Thanks! 

Thank you! Have you tried to save the game after summoning her at the Statue of Amaunator, and then reloading? I didn't realize that this was an actual bug and not some strange quirk, because I hadn't noticed her not disappearing at the Graveyard and reloading in the temple always made the problem go away. There is a missing script, though.

I'll update the mod with a fix, but I don't think you need to do more than reload after summoning her to solve the problem on your end.

3 hours ago, Rhaella said:

Thank you! Have you tried to save the game after summoning her at the Statue of Amaunator, and then reloading? I didn't realize that this was an actual bug and not some strange quirk, because I hadn't noticed her not disappearing at the Graveyard and reloading in the temple always made the problem go away. There is a missing script, though.

I'll update the mod with a fix, but I don't think you need to do more than reload after summoning her to solve the problem on your end.

Thanks, Rhaella. Your suggestion worked! I fought Bodhi again, resurrected Evandra at the Statue of Amaunator, then saved & reloaded. I spoke to Evandra & got her dialogue "By Lunitari, never in my life have I had such strange dreams" & she rejoined the party. Looks like the romance is back on track.

*phew* I thought I'd failed a Test of High Sorcery or wandered into the Shoikan Grove or something equally dire.

I'm really enjoying this mod, BTW. It's very well crafted, & I read the Dragonlance Chronicles+Legends series as a kid, so this is an added delight.

20 hours ago, f0calizer said:

Thanks, Rhaella. Your suggestion worked! I fought Bodhi again, resurrected Evandra at the Statue of Amaunator, then saved & reloaded. I spoke to Evandra & got her dialogue "By Lunitari, never in my life have I had such strange dreams" & she rejoined the party. Looks like the romance is back on track.

*phew* I thought I'd failed a Test of High Sorcery or wandered into the Shoikan Grove or something equally dire.

I'm really enjoying this mod, BTW. It's very well crafted, & I read the Dragonlance Chronicles+Legends series as a kid, so this is an added delight.

Oof, sorry! You didn't need to go all the way back through the Bodhi fight again, unless you didn't have a later save. But as long as it's working again, that's all the matters. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I wasn't sure how much of an audience something this niche would have, since I don't think Dragonlance is all that popular anymore, but I was always a fan and it was something I really wanted to see in the game. (Though I'm not sure if it's a tribute or a critique, haha.)

Hi Rhaella: I found another possible bug in the Epilogue. 

My protagonist successfully romanced Evandra but chooses to become a god after defeating Amelyssan. In this case, after the movie where the narrator says you've become a power of the planes, no epilogue for Evandra appears. It's just a blank screen (no portrait, no text). But if I hit ESC the next NPC's epilogue will appear like normal. I tried this 3 times and the same thing happened. 

(If my protagonist chooses to remain mortal, Evandra's "they-lived-happily-ever-after" epilogue appears without any problems.)

UPDATE: I peeked into Evandra's Dialogue file "talkstob.d" and used the Console to change the "rh#EvaRomanceActive" and "rh#EvaMarriage" variables before beating Meli to see what would happen.

If rh#EvaRomanceActive is at 3 (romance broken), then both Protagonist ascending to godhood or remaining mortal produce Evandra's normal epilogue.

What's strange is this: 

If rh#EvaMarriage is at 2 (which I think happens if Protagonist says he wants a double wedding in both Amn and in Suldanessellar during Eva's last lovetalk), and Protagonist decides to remain mortal after beating Meli, then Evandra's epilogue becomes the one where Protagonist successfully romanced her but decided to become a god (the text begins with "After CHARNAME ascended to godhood..."). So I think there's an error here too.

But if rh#EvaMarriage is at 2 and Protagonist decides to become a god, then the blank screen error appears (the one I mentioned above).

Hope this helps the troubleshooting process.

Edited by f0calizer
20 hours ago, Rhaella said:

Yeah, it looks like there's a wrong variable there somewhere. I'm out of the country until June with no PC, but I'll take a look when I get back. Thank you!

You're welcome! No rush about this. I'd like to try some other mods next, & I'm happy to come back to Evandra again at a later date.

It's a simple typo in the .tp2. The last block under epilogues is set to copy rh#eva4.2da twice; instead change it to ~evandra/epilogue/rh#eva.2da~ ~override/rh#eva5.2da~ for "Romance, PC ascends".

Edited by Isewein