Calin NPC Mod

Kitanna

Hello all,  I started this mod 15 years ago and for one reason or another, it kept getting put off.  I decided to update what I had finished about 8 years ago to EE and finish the mod. It isn't finished yet, at the moment it is SOA only but you can summon him in TOB from the fate spirit.   I always thought it was odd that all that commotion takes place in the Promenade and no notices or cares and an idea was born.  So, let's meet Calin... again

Calin is a Neutral Good Blade Master.
 He's 26 years old, easy going and not really looking to start adventuring again. But he is more than willing to help the protagonist, even if you don't want his help right away. As long as your not rude to him.

There are romance and friendship tracks for the protagonist.
Calin will romance female protagonists who are human, half-elven or elven as long as they are not evil or theives
Will TOB be required to play the mod?
Calin will be for SOA and TOB both.

Will I have to start a new game?
Sorry, I know people hate that but, yes. The way it was written, it won't make any sense if you don't.

Why won't Calin romance my thief? That doesn't seem fair.
Calin has some deep and legitimate reasons for that but, don't lose hope! If you say the right things, and are willing to make a sacrifice of sorts, he will realize not all theives are so bad and a romance will happen.

Does Calin have any quests?
No. I wanted an NPC who offers to help the protagonist because he doesn't like what he sees in the Promenade and feels it's the right thing to do.

If I kick him out of the party, can I get him back?
Certainly. He won't just wait around somewhere since he lives in Atkathla, but he will tell you where and how to find him.

He has a friendship track,  romance track, 2-3 banters per party member except the new EE ones.  I have not played EE yet.

RE reactions and more.

you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujct2zqbd22ujdw/Calin_V1.rar?dl=0

Edited by Kitanna
Fixes
42 minutes ago, Kitanna said:

I started this mod 15 years ago

And you finished it! Kudos to you!

43 minutes ago, Kitanna said:

No. I wanted an NPC who offers to help the protagonist because he doesn't like what he sees in the Promenade and feels it's the right thing to do.

I dig it. Well done! I'll most likely give this a whirl on my next playthrough.

Banter previews

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #88
~Global("CalAnoTalk2","LOCALS",0)
CombatCounter(0)
!AreaType(DUNGEON)
InParty("Anomen")
See("Anomen")
!StateCheck("Anomen",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN KKCaliB calano2
~Anomen, when you're finished, mind letting me borrow your shaving mirror? I seem to have left mine at home.~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalAnoTalk2","LOCALS",1)~
== BANOMEN ~Certainly, Calin. It is important to maintain a neat appearance.~
== KKCaliB ~While I agree, it isn't my favorite duty and even worse with no mirror. Knowing my luck, I'd cut off my nose.~
== BANOMEN IF ~Global("KKCalinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN  ~It would scarcely detract from your appearance.~
== BANOMEN ~Indeed. That would make you look passing strange.~
== BANOMEN ~Regardless, you may borrow it, with my blessing.~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF
~InParty("Calin")
Global("CalEdwinTalk2","LOCALS",0)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck("Calin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Calin")
~ THEN ~BEDWIN~ caledtalk2
~You left the camp in a fine state last night. It took me hours to scour the last of the grease from the pans.~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalEdwinTalk2","LOCALS",1)~
== KKCaliB ~I'm a Blade Master, not a cook.  Whine to someone else.~
== BEDWIN ~You're no cook, that much is certain, but you might have had the decency to leave the gear in a state that did not require two spells and a cantrip to clean it.~
== KKCaliB ~It isn't my fault if your incapable of doing anything that requires thought other than casting spells.~
== BEDWIN ~Do not presume to know what I am capable of! (The idiot comes very near exciting my anger. Were he not occasionally useful for menial tasks... but never mind.)~
== KKCaliB ~I don't take orders from a man in a dress.~
== KKCaliB IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ THEN ~... unless it's <CHARNAME>.~
== BEDWIN ~Next time, you *will* clean up after yourself, do I make myself clear?~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF
~InParty("Calin")
Global("CalAerieTalk","LOCALS",0)
AreaType(CITY)
TimeOfDay(DAY)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Calin")
~ THEN ~BAERIE~ calaertalk1
~Ooh, look! A kitten is caught in the drain.~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalAerieTalk","LOCALS",1)~
== KKCaliB ~You better let me get it, Aerie. You could get scratched or even slip, it looks rather dirty in there.~
== BAERIE ~Oh, thank you... the poor thing!~
== BAERIE ~Oh, thank you, Calin! Can we keep it? It looks so lonely...~
== KKCaliB ~We can't, Aerie. The life we lead isn't ideal for a young kitten. Maybe we can find someone to look after it.~
== BAERIE ~I... I guess you're right. But it must be scary for the poor little thing to be all alone.~
== KKCaliB ~I'm sorry, but it isn't my decision. We just don't have the means to care for pets, where we're going.~
== BAERIE ~Oh... all right, I guess.~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF
~InParty("Calin")
Global("CalJaheiraTalk","LOCALS",0)
CombatCounter(0)
!AreaType(DUNGEON)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Calin")
~ THEN ~BJAHEIR~ caljahtalk
~Your glance falls upon <CHARNAME> often, Calin. She is not for you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalJaheiraTalk","LOCALS",1)~
== KKCaliB ~What exactly are you implying?~
== BJAHEIR ~Your experience in certain matters is greater than hers, Calin. I would not see you take advantage of her innocence.~
== KKCaliB ~<CHARNAME> single-handedly defeated hordes of assassins, freed the sword coast from her evil brother and solved the iron crisis. I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself without your damned interference.~
== BJAHEIR ~Hmf!~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF
~InParty("Calin")
Global("CalJaheiraTalk2","LOCALS",0)
CombatCounter(0)
!AreaType(DUNGEON)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Calin")
~ THEN ~BJAHEIR~ caljahtalk2
~By the horns of Silvanus, where did I put that roll of linen?~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalJaheiraTalk2","LOCALS",1)~
== KKCaliB ~I borrowed a bit to mend the wrapping on my sword hilt. It was working itself loose.~
== BJAHEIR ~You 'borrowed' it? Without so much as a 'by your leave?~
== KKCaliB ~I was going to put it back. Here. I didn't take much.~
== BJAHEIR ~That is not the point. I need that linen for bandages. If I do not know where it is, I cannot help you, should you be injured.~
== KKCaliB ~If I don't keep my weapons in good repair, the likelihood of that increases greatly.~
== BJAHEIR ~Oh, very well. But tell me, next time.~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF
~InParty("Calin")
Global("CalMinTalk2","LOCALS",0)
CombatCounter(0)
!AreaType(DUNGEON)
!StateCheck("Calin",STATE_SLEEPING)
See("Calin")
OR(3)
AreaCheck("AR0334")                                     
AreaCheck("AR0702")                                     
AreaCheck("AR2001")
~ THEN ~BMinsc~ calmintalk2
~Look, Boo! Swords! And axes, and halberds, and maces, and... oh, Boo! Surely, this is paradise!~ DO ~SetGlobal("CalMinTalk2","LOCALS",1)~
== KKCaliB ~And look at the edge on that broadsword! And Minsc, check the balance of this one!~
== BMINSC ~That is indeed a fine blade! But look you on this one! See how the guard sweeps down around the hand?~
== KKCaliB ~If you need us, <CHARNAME>, we'll just be over here a while.~
== BMINSC ~And look at this one! Six feet long, and balanced!~
EXIT

Edited by Kitanna