Tweaks Anthology v8 Now Available

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks that will run on every Infinity Engine game, from the original Planescape:Torment, through the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series, and the new Enhanced Editions of the games. The successor to BG2 Tweaks and several other tweak packs, some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

v8 Changelog

• Move NPCs to Convenient Locations would fail to move Eldoth on BGT installs; Shar-Teel would get moved to the right area with wrong coordinates on non-BGT installs
  • Deprecated Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads as these items already get covered as part of the Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks (previously known as Increase Jewelry and Gem Stacks)
  • The algorithm for No Traps or Locks has been refined a bit as it was missing some trapped containers. It will also no longer remove locks for doors or containers which require a key.
  • BGEE already has the changes from Sensible Entrance Points by default, so it will now get correctly skippped for BGEE and EET games
  • Make party members less likely to die irreversibly requires some functionality only found in BG2 and EE games, and is now restricted as such
  • BG NPCs go to inns was being restricted on BG games in the Gnoll Stronghold; you can now send party members to inns from the Gnoll Strnghold as you would in BGEE/Tutu/BGT/EET
  • BG NPCs go to inns was also failing for some NPCs on EET games as it was patching their BG2 parting dialogues instead of their BG parting dialogues
  • Allow Yeslick to use axes could fail on BG installs as it tried to patch a BG2 file without checking
  • Fixed bug where some of the imported SCS components (such as BG NPCs go to inns) would fail due to a missing directory
  • The use of the variable library for BG/BGEE/Tutu/BGT/EET has been centralized.
  • Updated Italian translation
  • Fixed bug with Alter Weapon Proficiency System, specifically, the BG variants, where axes could end up with descriptions that listed the proficiency type for the item as "new_weap" or a wrong proficiency. The error was purely cosmetic and did not affect the axe's actual proficiency.

BGEE already has the changes from Sensible Entrance Points by default, so it will now get correctly skippped for BGEE and EET games

Hmm, could EE games get their own component out of this, called "non-sensable entrance points" ? 😛 That restores the original to what it was.

Move NPC had a problem with Alora in v.7 (I guess its still there since it wasnt mentioned in changelog) - she is located in the second location (with Elminster at the start) near the secret with a Ring of Protection +1. Her dialog is still about robbery from the original.

And this component is installed even when I skip it and choose other NPCs

I am using BGT 1.18.

Yeah, the bug was that Eldoth's component was using Alora's spawn script. So on BGT in v7 installing the Eldoth component removed Eldoth from the game and instead added a second Alora spawn (without the dialogue changes, as you note) in the area where Eldoth should have moved. This is all fixed in v8.

Am I just going mad or is the prompt for changing the XP cap no longer happening in v8?

Install Component [Delay High Level Abilities]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? 
Skipping [Delay High Level Abilities]

Install Component [Change Experience Point Cap]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Remove Experience Cap
 2] Level 20 Experience Point Cap
 3] Level 30 Experience Point Cap
Already Asked About [Change Experience Point Cap]
Already Asked About [Change Experience Point Cap]

I'm 99%+ sure that I was actually never prompted about the XP cap.

I'll attach the WeiDU log, but the debug log is too big for the forum. Let me know if you need it and I'll find somewhere to host it. (About the WeiDU.log: I did continue past the 'expected' place for the prompt for changing the XP cap, but I was never actually prompted.)

WeiDU-V30-borkbork.log

Edited by AnonymousHero

Re: The changed No Locks and Traps algorithm: It seems that there at least a few doors which requires much greater STR to bash. Is this intentional? (This was not the case with Weimer's version, and it's a bit of an annoyance.)

Examples: The door of the estate where you can grab a Lightning Wand and the door to the house in Nashkel where you return Joseph's Greenstone Ring.

EDIT: Here's another slightly more serious example: The door to Glaicas' room in the De'Arnise keep.

Edited by AnonymousHero

The "Send Bioware NPCs to an inn" component doesn't appear to be working for me.

Fresh install of v8 on to BGEE v2.5.17. Only other mods are NPC Project (v24) and Unfinished Business (v16). Tested with Imoen plus Xzar and Montaron - I recruit, kick out then speak again. With X&M I get the options to separate them, but no option to send to an inn. Everything installed correctly and other components are working correctly.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

Have you been to the FAI yet? You only get the option to send them to inns you've already visited.

What's the definition of "being in an inn" ? I mean do you just need to use a door into it ? Visit the area ? PS, those are a different thing, technically. Talk to the innkeeper ? Rest 30 hours inn one ? Like an actual lodge, in real life. :D