My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Hi Angel,

Attempting to install "Miscellaneous Item Improvements v4":

FAILURE:
No explicit choice of spell for externalised potn11.itm, and potn11.spl is not available
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/mih_ip/7/OTHER.7]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/mih_ip/7/OTHER.7")

21 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

Hi Angel,

Attempting to install "Miscellaneous Item Improvements v4":

This means another mod has already changed potn11.itm (the Potion of Invulnerability) in a way that is incompatible with my modifications.  Do you have another mod installed that changes items, like Item Revisions?  Note that my mod is probably not compatible with IR.

So I reversed the sequence:

• ~MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ #0 #7 // Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme): v4

then:

• ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.32)

And that worked successfully.

Taking a peek behind-the-scenes, 2 different Potions of Invulnerability:

BTEST1.itm

This potion confers very high resistance to all attacks, and gives bonuses to all saving throws. The effects of the elixir last for 5 turns, but can only be used by warriors. The liquid in the potion has a strange, murky quality to it that you haven't noticed in other potions.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: set to 0
Saving Throws: +5 bonus
Not Usable By:
 Wizard Slayer

POTN11.itm

This potion confers immunity to non-magical weapons and the non-magical attacks of certain creatures. It also provides enhanced protection against other forms of attack, granting the user a +2 bonus to AC and saving throws. Multiple uses of this potion are not cumulative. The effects last for 1 turn and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:
 Warrior

So I think I got MIH + Item Revisions to coexist peacefully - with MIH trumping on conflicts.

Edited by Chitown Willie
33 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

So I reversed the sequence:

• ~MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ #0 #7 // Miscellaneous Item Improvements (see readme): v4

then:

• ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.2.32)

And that worked successfully.

Alright, thanks for reporting this.  I probably can resolve this conflict from my end, but I'll have to examine exactly what changes IR makes to this item so I can take that into account in my code.  I'm actually surprised this is the only issue to far, I'd expect more.

11 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

Just wanted to say I really like your "Nerf BG1 easter egg items" component.

Discovered the Mastercraft Splint in place of Ankheg Plate @ Nashel - and makes much more sense.

Aw thanks.  Yeah, I wanted them to be still nice, but not game breakers.  And that splint mail is still pretty rare for some reason despite not being all that special. ^^

1 hour ago, Endarire said:

What BG1 Easter Eggs exist and how do you nerf 'em?

Spoiler

- Coast Way (area between Friendly Arm Inn and Beregost, in one of the rocks in the NW corner): Ring of Protection +1 => Angel Skin Ring (100 gp base value)

- Friendly Arm Inn (near a tree at the southern edge of the area): Ring of Wizardry => Fire Opal Ring (500 gp base value)

- Nashkel (near western edge of one of the farmlands): Ankheg Plate +2 => Splint Mail +1

- Fire Leaf Forest (area with the river, in copse of trees near northern edge): Scroll of Cloud Kill => Scroll of Flame Arrow

- Gibberling Mountains (extreme SE area on the map, crack in the cliff): Ring of Fire Resistance => Flamedance Ring (125 gp base value)

Design goal here was to make the items still nice to have but not game-breaking.  Additionally, I feel the Ankheg Plate +2 and the Ring of Wizardry should be unique, and there are too many Rings of Protection +1 going around as it is already.  And the  Splint Mail +1 is a nice to have for the early game and strangely obscure; the first one I normally find is in the Flaming Fist barracks and by then you already have several superior armors.

Edited by Angel
20 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

How about all the Wands lying around (Frost/Lightning)? Perhaps they should be nerfed too?

That's what "Cap charges of Wands and Staves" is for.  I don't want to take them away entirely.

19 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, is this nerfing of BG1 Easter Eggs optional?  I like the items as-is, and playing with an item randomizer is enough of a 'rebalance.'

All tweaks are optional and can be installed or removed independently from the Item Pack.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:27 AM, Endarire said:

Our group eagerly awaits a new questpack version from you!  What's your status?

Could be next month or next year, I really don't know yet.  Currently I'm still working on the prison in Saradush, but I still have plenty other stuff to meddle around with.

Hey Angel,

Just curious - In the Fire Leaf Forest, did you nerf the Cloudkill scroll to Flame Arrow?

I know it's not explicitly listed, but I haven't seen that before.

Nerf BG1 Easter Egg Items

This replaces some of the easter egg items in hidden containers in Baldur's Gate 1 by valuable but non-magical items. These are the Ring of Wizardry at the Friendly Arm Inn, the Ring of Protection +1 at the crossroads, the Ankheg Plate +2 in Nashkel and the Ring of Fire Resistance in the Gibberling Mountains.

Update: Never mind - Just saw your hidden spoiler.

Edited by Chitown Willie