My new "Made in Heaven" mods

43 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I was unable to complete the Zombie Farm quest - I searched and searched and did a few complete circuits (including the entire top right), but was unable to find all the zombies that were apparently supposed to be there (I also didn't see any Juju Zombies which I thought the component description mentioned adding - BGT game, of course).

I don't actually rename them, I just change their stats.  Guess I should rename them too.  As for finishing the quest, you need to kill all 40 zombies, most likely you missed one somewhere.  Some are a bit out of the way, like behind the farm.  The global "ZombiesDead" keeps track, you can set it to 40 and it will end the quest.  But I have played it myself and I'm 100% sure it can be finished normally.

EDIT: Ah, found the cause.  It's a BGT quirk, EE is unaffected.  I'll try to implement a workaround.

Edited by Angel
1 hour ago, Angel said:

I don't actually rename them, I just change their stats.  Guess I should rename them too.  As for finishing the quest, you need to kill all 40 zombies, most likely you missed one somewhere.  Some are a bit out of the way, like behind the farm.  The global "ZombiesDead" keeps track, you can set it to 40 and it will end the quest.  But I have played it myself and I'm 100% sure it can be finished normally.

EDIT: Ah, found the cause.  It's a BGT quirk, EE is unaffected.  I'll try to implement a workaround.

Nice. ...Didn't realize Juju Zombies were still that weak, didn't even notice the difference, the poor things, :p.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Endarire said:

Our group is looking forward to new news regarding quest pack updates!

It's nearing completion, almost all the parts I want to include in my next run are there.  Several are still untested though and might be buggy or unbalanced.  Still, if people want to see it so badly, I suppose I could cobble a release out of what I have right now.

There is a list in the docs folder.  But for the heck of it, here is a current list.  This may change in future versions but for now it is accurate:

Arcane, Second Circle:
- Spark Shower
- Seeking

Arcane, Third Circle:
- Improved Magic Missile
- Heroism
- Blink (still a little flaky, might change)
- Scintillating Sphere
- Minor Malison
- Ball Lightning

Arcane, Fourth Circle:
- Iron Maiden
- Command Elementals (untested)
- Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer
- Evard's Black Tentacles
- Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm
- Tenser's Giant Strength

Arcane, Fifth Circle:
- Superheroism
- Spell Matrix (works fine with targeted spells, a bit iffy on AoE ones)
- Ramazith's Slime Summons
- Dismissal (still in development)
- Starfire (planned)

Arcane, Sixth Circle:
- Mordenkainen's Lucubration
- Isaac's Greater Missile Storm

Arcane, Seventh Circle:
- Faerie Sword
- Stygian Ice Storm
- Banishment (still in development)

Arcane, Eighth Circle:
- Deathbolt
- Major Globe of Invulnerability
- Polar Ray
- Mechanus' Cannon (some graphic glitches)

Arcane, Ninth Circle:
- Rune of Torment

Divine, First Circle:
- Striking
- Faerie Fire

Divine, Second Circle:
- Seeking
- Resist Acid/Corrosion

Divine, Fourth Circle:
- Sticks to Snakes
- Heroism
- Repel Insects (untested)

Divine, Fifth Circle:
- Lightning Storm
- Inferno
- Break Enchantment

Divine, Sixth Circle:
- Superheroism
- Celestial Protection
- Conjure Water Elemental

Divine, Seventh Circle:
- Mass Negative Plane Protection
- Conjure Air Elemental

Paladin powers:
- Smite Evil (1/day, paladin, cavalier, inquisitor)
- Smite Undead (1/day, undead slayer)
- Smite Good (1/day, blackguard, EE only)
- Divine Favor (1-3/day, as cleric of Tyr)
- Lay on Hands (one extra use every 7th level, paladin and cavalier)

There might be more in the future.  Things I have planned are IWD-style shape-shifting for druids and a few new HLAs for wizards.

I've tried to make all of these as close to the source material as I can, but due to engine limitations and my own inexperience I had to make some changes.  Be sure to check the descriptions.  Scrolls for the arcane spells are added to Thalantyr's, Sorcerous Sundries, Adventurer's Market, Sister Galena, the Arcana Archives and a few other places.

13 hours ago, Endarire said:

What do you mean by IWD-style shapeshifting?

In Icewind Dale, the progress of druidic shape-shifting is different.  Instead of gaining all forms at level 7, it's more spread out, with the druid gaining a new, stronger form every four levels.  The forms are also generally more useful IMHO.  (If memory serves, the progress is Boring Beetle at 4th, Winter Wolf at 8th, Polar Bear at 12th and Fire/Earth/Water Elemental at 16th.)  Though I'll probably leave elemental shape-shifting as a HLA in BG.)

May we also get mass freedom of movement and other mass buffs?

Mm, maybe, if there is a case for it.  Mass Negative Plane Protection is actually a nod to Order of the Stick, where the cleric Durkon developing this spell specifically is a plot point.  (In order to deal with a lich sorcerer with a fondness of casting Energy Drain over and over, although it also comes in handy against vampires.)

(Seeing Evard's Black Tentacles made me grin with relief and delight!  Finally, a D&D game that isn't NWN where I can use this spell!  Alleluia!)

Hope it lives up to your expectations.  Right now it's implemented as a modified Entangle spell with crushing damage added.  Actually recoloring the tentacles is still on my to-do list. ^^

@Angel
Looking forward to black tentacles that also constrict!

One of the reasons I quit Baldur's Gate II for years was the burden of buffing my party of 6 before seemingly every fight.  (We played on normal or core rules difficulty or similar, not the highest difficulty.)

Mass freedom of movement is useful because there aren't enough FoM rings for a party of 6 in a typical Baldur's Gate world, and exists as a spell in the 3.5 CRPG Knights of the Chalice as a level 6 or 7 spell (and let's just say it's probably worth a level 6 spell).  In addition, I suspect these spells would be notably useful to learn/cast on a party with a single spell slot/spell known to make mass versions of them.  (Many of these spells or their equivalents in D&D 3.x or Pathfinder 1e have mass or multi-target versions of these spells.)  Mass versions of buffs are normally 2 or 3 spell levels higher than single-target versions in 3.5, and 1 or 2 spell levels higher in Pathfinder.

These mass spells assume vanilla versions of spells, but I would also like mass versions of IWD/IWDification and Spell Revisions buffs.

Mass aid (L3)

Mass <arcane armor spells> (+1 spell level each for armor, ghost armor, and spirit armor)

Mass armor of faith (L4)

Mass barkskin (L4)

Mass death ward (L6)

Mass fire shield (L5)

Mass improved haste (L8)

Mass magic resistance (L7)

Mass neutralize poison (L6)

Mass physical mirror (L7)

Mass protection from energy (L9): This is the higher-level version that affects force/untyped (magic missile/skull trap/horrid wilting) damage.

Mass protection from <energy type> [acid, cold, etc.] (+1 spell level each)

Mass protection from evil AKA Magic circle (L3)

Mass protection from magic energy (L8)

Mass protection from magic weapons (L9): I felt uncertain about letting non-casters be affected by this spell. It certainly seems worthy of a

Mass protection from normal weapons (L6)

Mass protection from the elements (L8): This is the lower-level version that doesn't affect force/untyped (magic missile/skull trap/horrid wilting) damage.

Mass spell turning (L9)

Mass spiritual clarity (L5)

Mass stoneskin (L5): 3.5's and Pathfinder's stoneskin work differently.  User/implementer discretion is advised.

Mass true sight (L7)

Mass Pro Evil already exists... I think it's level 4 in BG2, level 3 in IWD.

Faiths & Powers has something like a Mass Stoneskin... it is dressed up a bit differently ("discs of light swooping to intercept physical attacks" etc.) but it functions like a Mass Stoneskin.  Of course, that is an HLA.  Mass versions of spells would need to be way higher than what's listed above, IMHO.

I like the nod to OOTS btw - please tell me Bodhi has a secret command word that can instantly dismiss Mass NPP!

25 minutes ago, Endarire said:

@Angel
For your MiH packs, what do your components do?  I can't tell based on your GitHub page nor the original post in this thread what these things do.

May we get this fixed?

Thankee!

Try the included readme, it's in the "docs" folder.

@Angel
For your Quest Pack readme, I think you made an oopsie:

Enhanced Firkraag's Lair
This component enhances Firkraag's lair in the Umar Hills. The Umar Hills spawn a wider selection of slightly stronger monsters, and see the return of a dangerous monster not seen since BG1, so better be prepared! Inside King Strohm's tomb you will now encounter some creatures that were previously unused in the game. The rest of the lair is mostly unchanged, but you may see some more orcs than before.

Note how you mentioned a tomb for Firkraag's Lair.