My new "Made in Heaven" mods

16 hours ago, Endarire said:

Who knows significantly more about this?

While I appreciate that you enjoy my spell pack so much, it's really not needed to make such a big fuss about it. 🙂

6 minutes ago, bob_veng said:

is this about the color of a spell icon? i can do it but no ETA

No, it's about a custom projectile.  I implemented Evard's Black Tentacles in my spell pack (basically by editing Entangle and adding blunt damage), but since it uses the Entangle projectile the "tentacles" are yellow, not black.

I still struggle with the relation between .pro, .bam and .vvc files and apart from a limited description on IEDSP there just doesn't seem to be a good guide or tutorial on them, at least none that I found.  Recoloring simple .bam files I can do.

"Black" entangle, EE-only.

Overlay effect in mh#wiz44 updated in archive. Just need to Add&Assign the projectile to test.

Projectile tentacles are 2x size (to better fit the EBT spell, easy to reduce back to 1x if desired), wrapping tentacles size unchanged.

There is some unavoidable quality loss in the tentacle animations, since a "black" projectile cannot utilize transparency (as black is the color converted to transparency). The entangle animation is especially a PITA because of this.

EVBLTENT.zip

12 hours ago, kjeron said:

"Black" entangle, EE-only.

Overlay effect in mh#wiz44 updated in archive. Just need to Add&Assign the projectile to test.

Projectile tentacles are 2x size (to better fit the EBT spell, easy to reduce back to 1x if desired), wrapping tentacles size unchanged.

There is some unavoidable quality loss in the tentacle animations, since a "black" projectile cannot utilize transparency (as black is the color converted to transparency). The entangle animation is especially a PITA because of this.

Looks like it works, thanks.  I agree with Endarine here, if pure black is an issue, purple or dark gray would work just as well.  I might give that a try myself, simple image editing I can do.  It's putting it all together that is still an issue, although I learn a little bit every time.

Too bad it only works for EE, but that's how it goes.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:38 PM, Angel said:

A few do, yes.  Unfortunately I don't have much graphical talent, but I try my best.  And I do know how to convert pictures to .bam files.

I don't much graphical talent either, but I might be able to help with this. I've been really getting into creating spell icons lately. If you want, give me a list of spells that need icons and I'll see what I can do

2 hours ago, Grammarsalad said:

I don't much graphical talent either, but I might be able to help with this. I've been really getting into creating spell icons lately. If you want, give me a list of spells that need icons and I'll see what I can do

Pretty much all of them, really.  I made a few icons for some of them but they're not very good.  So I'd be grateful for any help.