My new "Made in Heaven" mods

1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

Hey Angel,

Although self-explanatory, the "readme" doesn't include anything on:

Install Component [Change item type of Holy Symbols]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Holy Symbols are Amulets
 2] Holy Symbols are Belts

Noted, will add.  And yes, this does exactly what you'd think. ^^

1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

Also, any spoilers/details for :

~MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ #0 #9 // Add Potions of Extra Healing in BG1: v5

Just trying to compare to SCS's:

[Re-introduce potions of extra-healing]

There are three potions at the temple in the Friendly Arm Inn, five each at the Song of the Morning temple at Beregost and the Lady's temple in Baldur's Gate, and eight at the High Hall of Wonders in Baldur's Gate.

I cover a few more shops: The temples of Helm, Tymora and Gond in Baldur's Gate, the temple of Lathander in Beregost, the temple of Helm in Nashkel, Black Lily's store, the tavern in Ulgoth's Beard and Erdane near Durlag's Tower.  The exact amount per shop is randomly chosen at install time and can be configured in the .ini file (default 2-5).  My version and SCS's version can be used together and can be installed in either order, for overlapping shops the first to be installed takes precedence.  As already noted in the readme, in Durlag's Tower you find roughly one potion of extra healing for every three potions of healing you'd normally find (containers with less than three are unchanged).

Edited by Angel

Another crash bug similar to what I reported earlier, this time it is the ooze elemental area in Durlag's tower (bg0510.are in EET) that references the non-existing mh#oozec. What should be the cre's I should put in the override folder? The ooze paraelementals? NI lists 3 besides the ooze paraelemental, lesser, greater, elder. Were you planning one of each or just 3 copies of the lesser?

8 minutes ago, grodrigues said:

Another crash bug similar to what I reported earlier, this time it is the ooze elemental area in Durlag's tower (bg0510.are in EET) that references the non-existing mh#oozec. What should be the cre's I should put in the override folder? The ooze paraelementals? NI lists 3 besides the ooze paraelemental, lesser, greater, elder. Were you planning one of each or just 3 copies of the lesser?

When I say alpha, I do mean alpha. ^^  It's supposed to be a crystal ooze, mh#oozcr.  Fixed locally.

11 minutes ago, Angel said:

When I say alpha, I do mean alpha.

Right, right. I am well aware of the alpha status and that I am functioning like a guinea pig, so if I gave the impression that I am complaining, my apologies, Chalk it to English not being my primary language.

Edit: and speaking of bug reports forgot to add to the previous: the same question for the non-existing cre mh#blkpd in the Undercity and the Thieves Maze. What is suppose to be? Some version of the black pudding?

Edited by grodrigues
Bug I forgot to mention previously.
3 hours ago, grodrigues said:

Edit: and speaking of bug reports forgot to add to the previous: the same question for the non-existing cre mh#blkpd in the Undercity and the Thieves Maze. What is suppose to be? Some version of the black pudding?

Yeah, curse my damn mind for always changing what I name my creatures.  mh#pudbr should be the right one.  Fixed locally.

1 hour ago, grodrigues said:

And yet another bug, this one I do not know what's wrong exactly: the Air chamber is completely borked, it has only one invisible stalker, no Air aspect, so it is impossible to proceed to the chessboard.

A bug in the install script (totsc/durlags_tower/air_chamber.tpa).  The various add_actor_inline statements=> have to be numbered, add_actor_inline'1=>, add_actor_inline'2=> and do on.  Also I misspelled actor as "arctor" once in the first line.  If you don't want to fix and reinstall, just spawn airaspec from the console.

You're doing me a big service by finding these. ^^

52 minutes ago, Angel said:

If you don't want to fix and reinstall, just spawn airaspec from the console.

Yeah, that is what I did.

And btw, the components I have installed do spice up the game, so communicating the bugs is just my way of saying thank you. I will say something more when I finish bg1. I'm gonna try to get this playthrough to the end, playing SoD and Ascension for the first time. We'll see.

10 hours ago, grodrigues said:

And btw, the components I have installed do spice up the game, so communicating the bugs is just my way of saying thank you.

Reading that makes my day, because that is exactly what I wanted to do. 😄

@Angel
To clarify my previous post...

OlvynChuru recently released this tool to easily avoid the 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.  Since this tool only works for EE games, my request is to use this tool on Made in Heaven's Spell Pack and upload a new version that works with this tool for EE- and EET-specific installs.

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
On 10/19/2020 at 11:18 PM, Endarire said:

OlvynChuru recently released this tool to easily avoid the 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.  Since this tool only works for EE games, my request is to use this tool on Made in Heaven's Spell Pack and upload a new version that works with this tool for EE- and EET-specific installs.

An interesting tool to be sure, but to use it I would have to rewrite almost the entire installation process from scratch (I don't use ADD_SPELL, not directly at least), and maintain both the old and new one for backwards compatibility.

Since I don't come anywhere even close to the 50 spell limit (barely scratching the 30s on some spell levels, and that's with SCS's IWD spells and a few other small spell mods already added as well) and the current code works fine with both EE and BG2/BGT, I see no compelling reason to do so.  There is also the (admittedly minor) drawback that spells added by this method cannot be added to spell.ids.

I'm not saying it will never happen in the future, but for now it would be a lot of work for little or no benefit to me.

5 minutes ago, Guest ront said:

I read above about the .ini setting for the potion of extra healing. Can I set it to 999 potions per shop ?

I wouldn't recommend it as Potions of Extra Healing are very powerful by BG1 standards and too many of them around could unbalance your game.  But yes, if you want to, you can.  The theoretical maximum is well over 2 billion per store. 🙂

Great component. Does it make the SCS component redundant? I read that you also touch other shops, but I would like to know if you touch the one touched by SCS component.

I would like to install only your component without having to install also the one from SCS. Given that yours also has .ini, you got the crown.