My new "Made in Heaven" mods

7 minutes ago, Guest Ront said:

Great component. Does it make the SCS component redundant? I read that you also touch other shops, but I would like to know if you touch the one touched by SCS component.

I would like to install only your component without having to install also the one from SCS. Given that yours also has .ini, you got the crown.

The SCS one does touch a few stores mine doesn't.  The two can be installed together in either order.

1 hour ago, Endarire said:

The main reason to use Olvyn's spell tool was to avoid the ADD_SPELL spell limit.

Which, as I explained, I don't come even anywhere near.  And that's with IWD spells, Saradas Magic and a few other spell mods already installed.  Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon because I don't feel like rewriting a huge chunk of code that already took months to develop and is working just fine.  And as I explained, I don't even use ADD_SPELL directly so it's not a simple search and replace matter.

Hi Angel,

So I finally got good ole' Brokk to open up and talk to me, but the pricing seems squirrely.

Are his goodies supposed to be so dirt-cheap? Some examples:

• Bolts of Lightning : 58gp
  • Holy sword : 1989gp
  • Foesplitter: 2574gp
  • Mastercraft Medium Shield : 1170gp
  • Mastercraft Large Shield : 1170gp (same price as Medium)

Additionally, he's willing to buy at 2x other merchants.

Example: Buy price at all other merchants:

• Backbiter : 1050gp
  • Heavy Crossbow : 26gp

Brokk's buy price:

• Backbiter : 2100gp
  • Heavy Crossbow : 52gp

I think I figured it out.

The Hard Times mod is jacking up prices across the board - except on Brokk's gear:

00003:  ~SETUP-HARDTIMES.TP2~ 0 0 // Hard Times v2 (BGT)2.4 (BGT)

Same thing with Phendra - She's half the cost of Thalantyr.

I'm so used to paying 4-5x normal amounts that Brokk is like the $1 store.

Edited by Chitown Willie
19 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

I think I figured it out.

The Hard Times mod is jacking up prices across the board - except on Brokk's gear:

00003:  ~SETUP-HARDTIMES.TP2~ 0 0 // Hard Times v2 (BGT)2.4 (BGT)

Same thing with Phendra - She's half the cost of Thalantyr.

I'm so used to paying 4-5x normal amounts that Brokk is like the $1 store.

I'm not familiar with the Hard Times mod.  If it systematically goes through every single shop, then installing it after my mod would work.  If it restricts itself to only certain shops there isn't much I can do about it.  Normally their prices shouldn't differ from Taerum and Thalantyr too much.  Although I suppose I could make the buy- and sell rates configurable in the ini file.  I'll think on it.

You did help me find another bug though, Brokk isn't supposed to sell the holy sword. 🙂

2 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

How about different options for the main component?

1. Original version
  2. "Custom Item Nerf" version: Tone down Foesplitter/Helm of Valor/Radiant Star/Slimecrusher and/or obtain from adventures
  3. "Needless Markup" version: Phendra charges double, Brokk charges 4-5x
  4. "Hard Times" version : Both 2 &3

Sorry, but that would require a non-trivial amount of rewriting.  And, if I did it, people would probably be begging me to include their favorite versions too. 🙂

I did make the change to have Brokk's and Phrendra's buy- and sell rates be configurable from the .ini file, it will be in the next release.  (I'm pondering adding a third custom store to Gullykin, if I do it will be configurable too.)

An optional tweak to adjust item prices across the board might be interesting as well, I actually agree with the author of Hard Times about the ease with which riches are available in BG1.  (Unfortunately it looks like it doesn't support BGEE at the moment.)

Edited by Angel

Hi Angel,

I have installed the MIH_EQ mod and there is some issues in the installation process (I haven't test ingame for now):

1. Dragons don't install - error as it is trying to patch (not existing ?) following dragons: silver dragon - ohddixth and shadow dragon - ohryxtra
2. There is some warning coming from errors in the .ini file
      a. revised_monstrous_spiders is looking for spider_bonus_hd=3 instead of spider_hd_bonus=3 and spider_bonus_ac=4 instead of spider_ac_bonus=4
      b. it is missing "use_perl_natively"

Anyways, thanks for your mods and the time you spend on it.

Hi Angel,

I have installed the MIH_EQ mod and there is some issues in the installation process (I haven't test ingame for now):

1. Dragons don't install - error as it is trying to patch (not existing ?) following dragons: silver dragon - ohddixth and shadow dragon - ohryxtra
      a. revised_monstrous_spiders is looking for spider_bonus_hd=3 instead of spider_hd_bonus=3 and spider_bonus_ac=4 instead of spider_ac_bonus=4

On 11/9/2020 at 10:49 PM, Guest TotoR said:

Hi Angel,

Heh, yes, I labeled it as an alpha for a reason. ^^

I'm already working on fixes for these, but thanks for reporting.  I am considering updating the alpha release.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, Chitown Willie said:

Hey Angel,

Did you remove the +1 Splint Mail in Nashkel with v5? It's not in the hidden stash.

~MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2~ #0 #10 // Nerf BG1 easter egg items: v5

It's still there, and my tests show it still works with both BGEE and BGT.

However, it is an actual search and replace, so if some other mod already removed the ankheg plate, my mod won't be able to replace it.  (It most likely also won't work with Tutu.)

Just letting you all know I am working on my mods still.  Progress is slow but steady.

- Item Pack: I'm finalizing a new release with some more new items and a couple of bug fixes.
- Spell Pack: I finally squashed the bug that was causing Spell Matrix to malfunction with area of effect spells on EE games.  I'm also working on a few new spells, including some epic wizard spells.
- Encounters & Quests: Still working on this, but I will update the alpha release sometime soon.