My new "Made in Heaven" mods

18 hours ago, Guest Ragnar said:

Okay. some more questions:

1) Where have you placed the encounter with the cloakwood assassins? I couldn't find them.

Spoiler

In the Cloakwood Wyverns area (third area), just after the first bridge you cross, east of the hamadryad encounter.  Due to the way this is implemented, you must not already have been to this area before you installed this mod.  (Changing mods on a running game is a bad idea unless you know exactly what you're doing.)

18 hours ago, Guest Ragnar said:

2) To trigger "the surgeon's plight", what are you supposed to do? I talked with the surgeon, went to cloakwood, retrieved the corpse, talked with the brother, but the quest ended as usual.

Spoiler

The Surgeon's brother is Davaeorn, master of the Cloakwood Mine.  The lost brother quest in the spider's nest has nothing whatsoever to do with him.  The Surgeon also shows up in the wyvern area, just past the assassin encounter actually, but only if you got him to tell you his story.  (Which, if you have read it, explicitly tells you who his brother is.)

Finding that the Medallion of the Arctic is a little buggy. Even though it only casts MH#AMUL9.SPL every 6 seconds, I'm finding that the effects are stacking up on my characters:

image.thumb.png.393fad1be56047d4ff4ffaa11cbaf1b4.png

giving them much better AC/saves than they should have.

I think this may be related to zoning/loading, which resets the 6-second timer.

I've seen some other mods "fix" this by using a system that involves 2 spells: 1 spell casts the 2nd spell, which applies the actual effects and also immunity to the 1st spell. This way, even if the 1st spell triggers more frequently than it should, the effect won't get stacked up. I'm not a modder though so I'm not sure this would work for this item.

15 hours ago, hippofant said:

Finding that the Medallion of the Arctic is a little buggy. Even though it only casts MH#AMUL9.SPL every 6 seconds, I'm finding that the effects are stacking up on my characters, giving them much better AC/saves than they should have.

Mm, never seen it myself, but I guess I never triggered the conditions that make it happen.  I probably forgot the #321 opcode effect that removes the old instance before applying the new one.  (This opcode is EE only.)  I'll look into it.

I'm getting pretty quick installing the spell pack. here is the log:

Would you like to display the components from [Spell Effect Tweaks]?
[Y]es, [N]o? 
Would you like to display the components from [Spell Availability Tweaks]?
[Y]es, [N]o? 
Would you like to display the components from [Game Rule Tweaks]?
[Y]es, [N]o? 
Install Component [Made in Heaven: Arcane Spells]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? 
Installing [Made in Heaven: Arcane Spells] [v2]
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/clabfi04.2da] loaded, 5605 bytes
[override/soundoff.ids] loaded, 597 bytes
[override/object.ids] loaded, 2514 bytes
[override/spell.ids] loaded, 29033 bytes
[./override/spell.ids] loaded, 29033 bytes
[./override/spell.ids] loaded, 29033 bytes
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Made in Heaven: Arcane Spells], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/OTHER.0")
[weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   0 files for [MIH_SP/SETUP-MIH_SP.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [MIH_SP/SETUP-MIH_SP.TP2] component 0.
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/READLN.0")
Unable to Unlink [weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "weidu_external/backup/mih_sp/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: check_ini")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-MIH_SP.DEBUG and look for support at: angel@pearlgates.net
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[mih_sp/language/english/setup-mih_sp.tra] has 0 translation strings

Install Component [Made in Heaven: Arcane Spells]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? 

Guest Bigby's Bitchslap

Hi @Angel

I'm using the most recent (Jan. 21) master download of Encounters and Quests installed on EET with DLCmerger and noticed some weird things with the revised magical beasts component.

Ankhegs still spit acid from a distance (quite rapidly actually, I think 2 or 3 APR) and are now surrounded by a perpetual poison cloud similar which is extremely deadly. Ankhegs are now worth 7,000 XP!?

I have not noticed any unusual behavior or bugs with basilisks themselves, including the newly placed dracolisks (which is from a separate component of course), though I would recommend making the dracolisks immune to ground-based effects (entangle, grease, web, etc.) since they are capable of flight. It would be cool to edit the model and add some wings. 😁

Dread wolves function like trolls now as intended. Their bite which inflicts disease wears off after 8 hours as intended.

Winter wolves' new breath weapon does not do any damage.

- As a side note, I enjoy the revised spiders component, it makes the spider wood, cloakwood falls and candlekeep catacombs absolutely brutal. -

17 hours ago, Guest Bigby's Bitchslap said:

Hi @Angel

I'm using the most recent (Jan. 21) master download of Encounters and Quests installed on EET with DLCmerger and noticed some weird things with the revised magical beasts component.

Ankhegs still spit acid from a distance (quite rapidly actually, I think 2 or 3 APR) and are now surrounded by a perpetual poison cloud similar which is extremely deadly. Ankhegs are now worth 7,000 XP!?

Confirmed, ankhegs accidentally receive the greater basilisk patches.  Fixed locally, will be in next commit.

I have not noticed any unusual behavior or bugs with basilisks themselves, including the newly placed dracolisks (which is from a separate component of course), though I would recommend making the dracolisks immune to ground-based effects (entangle, grease, web, etc.) since they are capable of flight.

Yeah, the dracolisks are a work in progress, as is that whole area.  Giving them dragon-like immunities makes sense though.

It would be cool to edit the model and add some wings. 😁

I really wish I could do that, but unfortunately I don't have the skills to create or edit creature animations.  Otherwise I'd have fulfilled my long-time wish of adding unicorns and griffins. ^^

Winter wolves' new breath weapon does not do any damage.

Mm, can't quite trace this one as it worked last time I tried it and I didn't make any major changes here in quite some time.  But I'll look into it.

- As a side note, I enjoy the revised spiders component, it makes the spider wood, cloakwood falls and candlekeep catacombs absolutely brutal. -

I haven't tested that component myself yet so I wasn't sure how much of an impact it would have.  Incidentally, the game already gave spiders three extra hit dice, all I did was also give them the corresponding THAC0 and saves, and an improved AC.

I have noticed recently an error in my BG2ToB install : the flasks of Alchemist's Fire - mh#potn6 (or 7?) - aren't put in the Ribald's Store; an overview with Near Infinity shows there is some errors with the 2 designations and mh#potn7.ITM isn't in the Override folder (the MH#POTN7.BAM is for Alchemist's Fire)…I hope this error of coding will be quickly corrected. Thank you by advance.

// mh#potn6 - Alchemist's Fire
  // mh#potn7 - Flask of Acid

mih.txt

7 minutes ago, rick2021 said:

hey, thank you for this mod. i wonder what the difference between the item pack and tweak pack (which has no setup.exe) is. is the second one still relevant?

That one still isn't complete.  The issue is that item- and spell packs have to be installed relatively early so that tactical mods can respond to their presence, but some tweaks (especially those that alter a lot of items/spells in one big sweep and may affect mod-added items/spells) only work well when they are installed late.

So the item pack and spell pack have the new items and spells, and a couple of tweaks that only affect certain very specific items and spells in the vanilla game.  The tweak pack will have those tweaks that affect stuff added by other mods.

Guest Mantis

Greetings greetings. I tried throwing some of the challenge options from the encounters & quests mod onto my BGEE install and got some crashes for: 

Ramazith’s tower lvl2

Mutamin’s garden

Catacomb lvl1

The Thieves Maze

I’m using the android version of BGEE so I’d guess that there may be some resource that’s not in my install. I think the mod choked once when looking for wight.itm before. 

13 hours ago, Guest Mantis said:

Ramazith’s tower lvl2

Mutamin’s garden

Catacomb lvl1

The Thieves Maze

Assuming you're using the alpha, I'm not surprised there are still bugs lingering there.  The BG1 part is almost completely untested at the moment.  Sorry, I'm doing what I can but this a rather complex mod and I'm still new to tactical modding to begin with. 🙂

I'm currently on a bit of a hiatus as I needed some time away from it all, but I plan to return to modding soon.  I have updates for the item- and spell packs almost ready, and taking a look at E&Q is definitely next on the list.