My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Just in case it matters: with the latest Master from the repo, all components that I have installed have done successfully. However, the Candlekeep component spits out this in the console:

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/mh#huecu.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 214 column 1-37
Near Text: )
	[CheckSpellState] argument [PRIORITY_DISPEL] not found in [splstate.IDS]

And then a few more of these -- if you need the debug file and weidu log just holler. No monster enhancement components installed, just in case this particular code was relying on it for some reason.

I do not know when and if I will start a new full EET playthrough (I always seem to end up before the Sarevok final fight), but if and when I do, I will relay any bugs I found -- with the exception of Mutamin, the components listed above as not (fully) tested are installed  (and I am aware this is an alpha).

Edited by grodrigues
2 hours ago, grodrigues said:

Just in case it matters: with the latest Master from the repo, all components that I have installed have done successfully. However, the Candlekeep component spits out this in the console:

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/mh#huecu.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 214 column 1-37
Near Text: )
	[CheckSpellState] argument [PRIORITY_DISPEL] not found in [splstate.IDS]

And then a few more of these -- if you need the debug file and weidu log just holler. No monster enhancement components installed, just in case this particular code was relying on it for some reason.

It's fairly harmless, it just means that Huecuva won't dispel certain effects with priority.  Still, I will take a look at when I get around to it, currently a little busy with the WeiDU 247 compatibility update for Wheels of Prophecy.

You're very brave to install my alpha code like that.  I hope things won't break too badly.

Alright, several people asked me for updates lately, so I decided to just bundle up what I have right now.  Here you go:
- Item Pack updated to v6
- Spell Pack updated to v4 (and v3 is now properly available too, I forgot to upload it)
- Encounters & Quests updated to v4
- Tweaks initial release v1

I have checked that these install cleanly on BGEE, BG2EE, BG2 and BGT and they all worked on my recent BGEE run.  Have fun discovering what I have broken this time. ^^

Really nice.

If I had a remark to do, it's something I noticed about the size of the released assets for the last versions.

For example the item pack went from

lin-mih_ip-v5.tar.gz 1.72 MB to lin-mih_ip-v6.tar.gz 65.4 MB

and the spell pack from lin-mih_sp-v3.tar.gz 34.6 MB to lin-mih_sp-v4.tar.gz 98.5 MB

I though I found the reason in the fact that you include both xcf and bmp for some assets, but if I compute accurately I'm still far from the difference.

Well actually that's not that big a deal...

(Wait, are IE games still using bmp files instead of png ? Welcome to the 20th century :D )

22 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, are these mods EET compatible?  Do they use Weidu 247?  Are Evard's tentacles black(ish)?

I do not actively test on EET, but as far as I know they should work.  As for the tentacles, why not see for yourself?

2 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Please add documentation in GitHub - What do the Tweaks do?

There is a readme file in the docs folder.  And frankly, I think they should be fairly obvious.

11 minutes ago, mickabouille said:

Really nice.

If I had a remark to do, it's something I noticed about the size of the released assets for the last versions.

For example the item pack went from

lin-mih_ip-v5.tar.gz 1.72 MB to lin-mih_ip-v6.tar.gz 65.4 MB

and the spell pack from lin-mih_sp-v3.tar.gz 34.6 MB to lin-mih_sp-v4.tar.gz 98.5 MB

I though I found the reason in the fact that you include both xcf and bmp for some assets, but if I compute accurately I'm still far from the difference.

Well actually that's not that big a deal...

(Wait, are IE games still using bmp files instead of png ? Welcome to the 20th century :D )

I suspect it's because several new animation files are included (in lib/resource/missing_files).  I don't think a few dozen megabytes should be an issue in this day and age though, but if it does cause a problem I suppose I could look into compressing them.

And yes, I know EE can work with .png files but the old engine cannot, and I try to keep things reasonably backwards compatible if I can.

Small questions regarding the mih_eq.ini file :

- does the `use_ee_half_damage` property relate to skeleton/zombie half physical damage tweak?

- I assume `lycanthrope_hd_bonus` serve to toughen-up totsc werewolves?

- when using `relocate_winter_wolves`, where are the winter wolves relocated to? (their pelts are sort of valuable :) )

- for `ankheg_wave_interval` (and others like this one) the doc says this is an interval in second, but the default file has symbolic value there. Are those values taken from https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/ids/bgee/gtimes.htm ? (not a modder, I know nothing about modding, so I guessed based on what I see in the source and that's a very wild guess).

3 hours ago, mickabouille said:

- does the `use_ee_half_damage` property relate to skeleton/zombie half physical damage tweak?

No, it applies to spells and effects that allow a saving throw for half damage.  In the old engine, that was done by having two damage effects, one that was completely avoidable by a successful saving throw, the other completely unavoidable.  In the EE engine, a damage effect can have a new bit that halves the damage on a saving throw instead of fully negating it.  For encounters & quests, this applies to winter wolf breath and ankheg spittle, for the spell pack it affects several direct damage spells.  If you're not on EE this setting has no effect.

- I assume `lycanthrope_hd_bonus` serve to toughen-up totsc werewolves?

Yes, although the default setting actually doesn't change things much, as the wolfweres on Balduran's Isle already have two more hit die than their P&P version.  It does correct their thac0 and saves though.  This component is also not fully implemented yet, it currently only affects the wolfweres but not the werewolves, or the wererat in SoD, or any other lycanthropes I may have forgotten about.  Working on that. 🙂

- when using `relocate_winter_wolves`, where are the winter wolves relocated to? (their pelts are sort of valuable :) )

Gibberling Mountains, the far south-east of the map.  There should be at least three encounters there, possibly more.  You may also encounter them in random encounter areas, and they will still be on Ice Island, in the ice room of Durlag's Tower, and in the area of Rasaad's personal quest.

- for `ankheg_wave_interval` (and others like this one) the doc says this is an interval in second, but the default file has symbolic value there. Are those values taken from https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/ids/bgee/gtimes.htm ? (not a modder, I know nothing about modding, so I guessed based on what I see in the source and that's a very wild guess).

Yes.  One round is about 6 seconds in the game.  One turn is ten rounds or 60 seconds.  Numerical values will work too.

Edited by Angel

Thank you very much for your answers (and for being so fast too).

only affects the wolfweres but not the werewolves

To be franck, I'm not even sure of the difference 😄

I only ever played the french version for this part, obviously the names are not the same. I'm not even sure how the difference was conveyed in fact.