My new "Made in Heaven" mods

14 minutes ago, gurt said:

@Angel If I'm not mistaken, I believe one of your MiH mods adds spiders which do not have ANTIWEB.ITM equipped in the amulet slot (as all default spiders do; this makes them immune to web). For example, is 41SSPIDR.CRE added by one of your mods?

Apologies if I'm mistaken.

No, that's not one of mine.  With a few exceptions (which mostly have to do with restoring dummied out content), stuff I add starts with "mh".  The only spider I currently add is the hairy spider, mh#spdhr.cre.

I do dynamically search for spiders (the "Revised Monstrous Spiders" component, "Spider Plague" only affects two BG1 areas) but I currently don't change their equipped pseudo-items except for the wraith spider which I give its proper level-draining bite.

@Angel Just wanted to point out that a number of components in all mods are completely absent from the included readme files. Might be worthwhile to do an audit and include the relevant descriptions. As it is, players might be reluctant to install components if they don't know what they do.

Edited by gurt

@Angel One more thing:
For mih_tweaks, you're missing the iconv folder (or maybe you have the wrong language set somewhere?)... This prevents many components from being installed if English is chosen (and maybe otherwise).

Adding an iconv folder (with the appropriate files) to the language folder fixes the issue.

Here's an example: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/473/error-charsets-were-not-converted-because-iconv-could-not-be-found-in-iconv#latest

Edited by gurt
On 8/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, gurt said:

For mih_tweaks, you're missing the iconv folder (or maybe you have the wrong language set somewhere?)... This prevents many components from being installed if English is chosen (and maybe otherwise).

Yes, I forgot because on Linux that is already present in the OS.  Will add, thanks.

3 hours ago, deratiseur said:

Made in heaven spellpack v4 don't install on BG2 TOB. Attached the Debug file

I just tested it on a clean copy of BG2 and found no issue, so it must be specific to your installation.

Judging by your debug file you have a bad entry in spell.ids, most likely left there by another mod.  My spell.ids cleanup routine (removes unused spell.ids entries to free space for new spells) chokes on that.  Perhaps you can share your spell.ids?  Another possibility is to disable the spell.ids cleanup in the .ini file (recycle_unused_idsnames=0) and see if that fixes your issue.

5 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Angel,

Just installed "Revised Monstrous Spiders: v4", and now Huge Spiders in Beregost have 142 HP!

Is that supposed to be the case?

No.  This seems to be a BGT quirk; works as designed on BGEE.

56 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

Also, documentation states:

"The exact bonus can be configured in the .ini file (default +3 to hd/thac0/saves, +4 to AC)."

But .ini file only contains settings for HD & AC (not THAC0/saves):

spider_hd_bonus=3
spider_ac_bonus=4

More HD equals better thac0 and saves.  That's just basic core rules.

55 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

What are the intended HPs for each spider type?

Around 5-6 hp per HD.  The huge spider, with default settings, should get 5 hd, 26 hp, thac0 15 and ac 2.
(Note that the unmodded game actually already gives spiders a few bonuses; spiders have a better thac0 in BG than they do in pen & paper.)

55 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

Also, from a Near Infinity perspective, do the THAC0 reflect the HD increase?

For a classless monster base thac0 is 20 - hd.  However, some of the tougher spiders get a bonus.  Basically I give them what the MM says, plus the configured HD and AC bonus.

Problem with BGT seems to be that the second level field is set to 30, this appears to throw the HP calculation off.  For some reason this doesn't happen on EE.  Setting the unused second and third levels to 1 seems to solve this issue.

Edited by Angel