My new "Made in Heaven" mods

1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

Angel,

Curious why "Revised Corporal Undead" touches Kobolds:

It likely gets git by a general fix from the SFO library I borrowed from SCS.  Many BG1 creatures have their secondary level set to 30 for no discernible reason, which throws off HP recalculations, this silently gets fixed.  I currently do not do anything specific to kobolds.  Although I might in the future because their thac0 is way too good for a 1 HD creature.  No wonder they are so dangerous. ^^

Is it intended that wizard's Bull's strength completely erase and substitute old Strength spell? It's little confusing learning from old scroll with old description with intention to give Imoen or Viconia more melee power it's Bull's version which make Jaheira and Khalid uber slayers. ;)

6 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Is it intended that wizard's Bull's strength completely erase and substitute old Strength spell? It's little confusing learning from old scroll with old description with intention to give Imoen or Viconia more melee power it's Bull's version which make Jaheira and Khalid uber slayers. ;)

Yes, it was to bring it inline with 3e versions of Cat's Grace and Bear's Endurance being introduced.  Not updating the scroll is a bug though, I should fix that.  (And already have locally.)

Before anyone asks, yes I am considering upgrading Armor to 3e's Mage Armor (+4 to AC), but then I'll have to change the restored Protection Circle (which currently gives +3 AC).

3 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yes, it was to bring it inline with 3e versions of Cat's Grace and Bear's Endurance being introduced.  Not updating the scroll is a bug though, I should fix that.  (And already have locally.)

Before anyone asks, yes I am considering upgrading Armor to 3e's Mage Armor (+4 to AC), but then I'll have to change the restored Protection Circle (which currently gives +3 AC).

Interesting changes, thanks. 

I have everything downloaded, updated and ready to install for "this time FULL, serious, for real, non restartitis Baldur's Gate saga runthrough". I am only waiting for this:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_EncountersAndQuests/releases  to be updated. even only a little, a tiny weeny mini update.

SCS AI plus MadeinHeaven new monsters and encounters is the best BG experience for me.

9 hours ago, LordofBones said:

I have no idea whether it's just me, but Holly Dart (the spell) is just an icon with no description in a fresh install. Is it a bug or has the spell not been implemented yet?

I admittedly haven't tested that one very well yet.  If there is an issue, I will fix it for the next release.

7 minutes ago, InKal said:

I have everything downloaded, updated and ready to install for "this time FULL, serious, for real, non restartitis Baldur's Gate saga runthrough". I am only waiting for this:

https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_EncountersAndQuests/releases  to be updated. even only a little, a tiny weeny mini update.

SCS AI plus MadeinHeaven new monsters and encounters is the best BG experience for me.

Sorry, but I do not give ETAs.  This is a hobby, not work.  That said, the main issues on my to-do list are reconsidering the Revised Spiders component, as I received several complains of it giving too much XP for BG1, and taking a look at the Candlekeep Catacombs as some people found it too hard.  If I can wrap those two up, I guess it couldn't hurt to make a release of what I have so far.  But no guarantees.  If you feel really brave and don't mind potential bugs you can try installing from my master. ^^

"and taking a look at the Candlekeep Catacombs as some people found it too hard."

wow, whoa there! You mean that you planning to actually nerf stuff? You know what? Don't be to hasty with that update! Take everytime in the world that you need! God bless you and stay safe!

hmmm...gonna check Morpheus take on Tactics!!

1 hour ago, Angel said:

I admittedly haven't tested that one very well yet.  If there is an issue, I will fix it for the next release.

Shooting Stars isn't there either. I installed mih_sp 6.1 with no other mods after it and checked with NearInfinity - Holly Dart is just an icon with no description otherwise, and Shooting Stars straight doesn't exist. The same thing was there in V6 - Viconia had Holly Dart in her spellbook, but other than the name, no description was provided. 

Edited by LordofBones
On 1/25/2023 at 12:55 PM, InKal said:

wow, whoa there! You mean that you planning to actually nerf stuff? You know what? Don't be to hasty with that update! Take everytime in the world that you need! God bless you and stay safe!

I said "look at", not "nerf".  Encounters & Quests is aimed at parties that are a higher level than usual, that won't change.  Mainly I'm considering making it respond to the difficulty slider, which it currently doesn't.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:09 PM, LordofBones said:

Shooting Stars isn't there either. I installed mih_sp 6.1 with no other mods after it and checked with NearInfinity - Holly Dart is just an icon with no description otherwise, and Shooting Stars straight doesn't exist. The same thing was there in V6 - Viconia had Holly Dart in her spellbook, but other than the name, no description was provided. 

The only difference between 6 and 6.1 is an ad-hoc fix for a CtD if "Expanded Temple Services" is installed without MiH Restorations.  There are no other differences.  Shooting Stars was admittedly a last-minute addition and received only minimal testing.  And I have a tendency of forgetting to add icons since my artistic abilities are slim to non-existent. 😕

EDIT: Also, Viconia shouldn't get Holly Dart, it's a druid-only spell.

Edited by Angel

@Angel, quick question.  If I'm using Spell Revisions to tweak Improved Haste, will the error I get from your Revised Corporal Undead ("no effects added to spwi613.spl") cause that component to not work correctly, or at all? 

(SR changes this spell from vanilla by adding a single extra attack per rd instead of doubling the rate, as well as +2 bonuses to thac0, AC, and saves vs breath.)

Thanks.

On 3/12/2023 at 12:54 AM, Endarire said:

MiH GitHub Mods: Are the current master branches stable enough to make into a full release?  They have some fixes that seem important!

I always try my best to keep my masters install-able, at least on EE.  But no guarantees there.  If you are brave enough to install them, feel free.  More testers is always good.

IP, SP and Tweaks all have had releases recently.  I'm still working on EQ, and FR hasn't been released yet.  (I'm mostly waiting for G3 EE Fixpack here, so I won't be doing double work.)

7 hours ago, Brogan said:

@Angel, quick question.  If I'm using Spell Revisions to tweak Improved Haste, will the error I get from your Revised Corporal Undead ("no effects added to spwi613.spl") cause that component to not work correctly, or at all? 

(SR changes this spell from vanilla by adding a single extra attack per rd instead of doubling the rate, as well as +2 bonuses to thac0, AC, and saves vs breath.)

I do not support combining my mods with SR or IR, so I honestly don't know.  I don't actually do anything at all with Improved Haste or any existing spells in that component.  Most likely this is from Detectable Spells (needed for SSL scripting) and it's harmless, but I cannot really be certain.