Angel

My new "Made in Heaven" mods

Yeah, there is no release of my tweak pack yet, because I am still testing.  What I have should be installable though, if you want to give it a try.

Any specific installation order required for your items + encounters mods? Encounters comes before SCS I assume?

Edited by Lilaina

Can someone explain me how you're supposed to find readmes in githhub? Every mod I have the same issues with, no way I can actually find the readmes, all I find is source code at best

@Angel In https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_EncountersAndQuests/blob/master/mih_eq/dialog/watchers_keep.d

there are two brackets missing, so this:

REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT "gortan1"
  ~GiveItemCreate("Helm29",LastTalkedToBy,0,0,0)~
  ~GiveItem("helm29", LastTalkedToBy(Myself)~

REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT "gorbat1"
  ~GiveItem("book05", LastTalkedToBy(Myself)~

Needs to be this:

~GiveItem("helm29", LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~

~GiveItem("book05", LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~

Currently, this leads to install errors for other mods in a BigWorldPorject install.

16 minutes ago, jastey said:

@Angel In https://github.com/AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven_EncountersAndQuests/blob/master/mih_eq/dialog/watchers_keep.d

there are two brackets missing, so this:

~GiveItem("helm29", LastTalkedToBy(Myself)~

~GiveItem("book05", LastTalkedToBy(Myself)~

Needs to be this:

Currently, this leads to install errors for other mods in a BigWorldProject install.

Thanks, will fix.  I didn't know my mods were part of BWP though. ^^

@jastey 

Does it mean that this error 

5.) Half of the components of the "Made in Heaven: Encounters & Quests" mod cannot be installed because of errors: "Couldn't add MH_EMERALD_CLOUD to spell.ids as no slots remain" even if there are free slots.

is fixed?

Some unrelated questions:

1) Are you planning for an item upgrade mod?
2) Did you use EE  specific op-codes? Because inside BWP it is written that "

This mod was designed to spice up some encounters and to introduce some new encounters, monsters and quests to BG1 and BG2Only the componets 6, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 can be installed.

Edited by Arthas

On 11/28/2019 at 1:25 PM, Arthas said:

Does it mean that this error 

5.) Half of the components of the "Made in Heaven: Encounters & Quests" mod cannot be installed because of errors: "Couldn't add MH_EMERALD_CLOUD to spell.ids as no slots remain" even if there are free slots.

is fixed?

That one is already fixed in my current code on github and will be part of v3.  (It's actually an engine limitation so it's more of a workaround than a fix though.)

Some unrelated questions:

1) Are you planning for an item upgrade mod?

I have considered making a few of my custom items upgrade-able, but so far I haven't come up with anything yet.  I also don't really like the browse through your inventory method of Cromwell and Cespenar, it really gets old after you've been through it more than a dozen times and I'd rather not add more to it.  I might bring my own upgrade NPC Brokk to BG2 though.  If you have any ideas here, please share them.

2) Did you use EE  specific op-codes?

For most of my stuff, no.   I may have done so in one or two things that only go into SoD, I don't recall exactly.  I actually do all my item- and creature editing in a non-EE BG2 setup specifically to avoid this issue.

I'd actually be very interested in what BWP writes about my stuff, because they never contacted me in any way about what they found. ^^

Edited by Angel

I finished BG1 with the itempack + encounters and quests mods + latest SCS. My overall impression: They're great! I'm especially picky about overpowered items in these games but I thought the overall increase in power wasn't too much. You also need them since endgame dungeons were noticeably more difficult and I was especially unprepared for the 1st level of Candlekeep dungeon which was brutal! 

Some specific thoughts and suggestions:

1. The Cloak of the Arachnid was the only glaringly OP item imo. I would move it later into the game or make it more expensive.

2. The zombies in the farmlands are still easy and boring and now they also give too much XP for the effort it takes to kill them.

3. The 2nd level of candlekeep catacombs was pretty easy in comparison to what came b4 so I think it could use something more.

4. I really liked what you did with the Surgeon. Would it be possible to to make him provide temple-healing services similar to NPCs in Icewind dale dungeons? I always lose someone in the middle of Cloakwood and it's a long way back to the closest healer who can rez. 😛

5. Could the new ambush with the green ogres take place in the southwest or the narrow southern part of the map? Atm they're very easy to kite and it's kinda awkward how the guard stands there and doesn't help you deal with them, and one ambush already takes place there with SCS when you first arrive.

6. The new enemy type in Mutamin's garden is immune to normal arrows but there's no "Weapon ineffective" message.

7. I really liked the changes to oozes, basilisks, ankhegs etc. Basilisks are especially nasty in small spaces with no room to kite now, and ankhegs are much harder for unprepared low level parties.

8. XP gains are bigger due to more enemies but most of the big XP bombs happen later in the game. I hit the XP cap in durlags tower without Balduran's Isle. Next time I think I'll just remove the cap since the more difficult endgame dungeons more than make up for the +1 level at best that you might get if you do everything.

Overall very nice mods that will go to my permanent modlist. :)

edit. Oh yeah, one more thing. The Ioun Stone animation is kinda fast and distracting. Is there some way to slow it down? Other mods that add them have also had the same issue so I assume it's an engine limitation?

Edited by Lilaina

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

I finished BG1 with the itempack + encounters and quests mods + latest SCS. My overall impression: They're great! I'm especially picky about overpowered items in these games but I thought the overall increase in power wasn't too much. You also need them since endgame dungeons were noticeably more difficult and I was especially unprepared for the 1st level of Candlekeep dungeon which was brutal!

Yeah, it actually caught me by surprise how difficult those barrow wights are.  They will be toned down a notch in v3.

Some specific thoughts and suggestions:

1. The Cloak of the Arachnid was the only glaringly OP item imo. I would move it later into the game or make it more expensive.

Mm, I suppose I could move it to the Sorcerous Sundries.

2. The zombies in the farmlands are still easy and boring and now they also give too much XP for the effort it takes to kill them.

Yeah, I'm not quite satisfied with this one myself.  I really did give them ju-ju zombie stats as per the MM, but I guess those aren't enough of a challenge either after the ankhegs.  I'll have to think on this one.

3. The 2nd level of candlekeep catacombs was pretty easy in comparison to what came b4 so I think it could use something more.

Mm, I'm a little wary here.  The first level can be skipped by just going east immediately (although you'll then miss the loot), but the second one is mandatory to escape Candlekeep and continue the game.  I don't want to make it impossible for a player to progress.  Another one I'll have to think on.

4. I really liked what you did with the Surgeon. Would it be possible to to make him provide temple-healing services similar to NPCs in Icewind dale dungeons? I always lose someone in the middle of Cloakwood and it's a long way back to the closest healer who can rez. 😛

Yeah, I've been in that situation myself once or twice, especially with what SCS does with Davaeorn.  Mm, I suppose I can do that.  I'll put it on my to-do list.

5. Could the new ambush with the green ogres take place in the southwest or the narrow southern part of the map? Atm they're very easy to kite and it's kinda awkward how the guard stands there and doesn't help you deal with them, and one ambush already takes place there with SCS when you first arrive.

Mm, I guess I could move them to the southwest, before the narrow path.

6. The new enemy type in Mutamin's garden is immune to normal arrows but there's no "Weapon ineffective" message.

Mm, this is not intentional.  I pretty much copied them from wyverns.  I'll have to look into this one.  I might keep it though, I kinda like it. ^^

7. I really liked the changes to oozes, basilisks, ankhegs etc. Basilisks are especially nasty in small spaces with no room to kite now, and ankhegs are much harder for unprepared low level parties.

Thanks, I really worked hard on those, I made them as close to the MM as I could.  Yeah, the mustard jellies and ankhegs are surprisingly nasty this way, more than I had expected actually.  Oh well, all the more use for my Oil of Acid Resistance I suppose. ^^

8. XP gains are bigger due to more enemies but most of the big XP bombs happen later in the game. I hit the XP cap in durlags tower without Balduran's Isle. Next time I think I'll just remove the cap since the more difficult endgame dungeons more than make up for the +1 level at best that you might get if you do everything.

This is indeed a bit of a concern, between my own modifications plus Northern Tales, Stone of Askavar and Serpents of Abbathor, I actually hit the Siege of Dragonspear XP cap (500,000) near the end of BG1.  My paladin is typically level 9 when going up against Sarevok (but with what SCS does to him, I don't feel that is overpowered).  It does tend to make SoD and the start of BG2 quite a bit easier than intended though.  But if people have a problem with this, they can also install the XP Mod and tone the rewards down.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

Overall very nice mods that will go to my permanent modlist. :)

Thanks, this (and the fact that BWP picked them up) really shows me that my mods are growing beyond something I made only for myself.  I feel kind of inspired now, so I will try to get v3 done today.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

edit. Oh yeah, one more thing. The Ioun Stone animation is kinda fast and distracting. Is there some way to slow it down? Other mods that add them have also had the same issue so I assume it's an engine limitation?

This was actually directly copied from D0Tweaks.  There might be a way, but I am not very proficient with editing bam- or vvc files yet, so I don't know how to.  If you want to, you can turn the animation off in the .ini file though.

Anyway, thank you for trying my mods and giving me this feedback.  Have you considered using my spell pack as well?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.