Minor tweak for EET_NPC_TRANSITION

This is a nifty little function; I have one minor gripe with it. For female NPCs who are dead it routes you to state 10, strref 73956, which was originally just for Yoshimo:

"I cannot do as you ask, child of Bhaal. The one you seek is dead and thus forever beyond my reach. His thread no longer connects with yours."

Just swap out 'His' for 'Their' and we have a safe endpoint for all NPCs.

73956 string is actually already replaced with following line by default:

I cannot do as you ask, child of Bhaal. The one you seek is dead and thus forever beyond my reach. This thread no longer connects with yours.

Not sure if the grammar is correct here, so just in case I will swap "this" with "their" in the next release.

edit: I've just checked the code and it looks like I forgot to add STRING_SET for this line even though the changed text exists in TRA files for all languages. So yeah, you've found a bug :) Thanks for reporting.

Edited by K4thos
7 hours ago, DavidW said:

“This”, “that” and “their” are all grammatically fine (I don’t like “that” stylistically but tastes vary.)

“Their” has a long history as a valid singular pronoun in English - Shakespeare uses it.

Agreed.

The real problem would be if the text had to be uncertain about temporal sequence. The English language is obsessed with time:

https://www.amazon.com/Through-Language-Glass-Different-Languages-ebook/dp/B00403MO0M

Edited by Grammarsalad
Had to make it all gremagical. Also, linky
On 1/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, DavidW said:

“Their” has a long history as a valid singular pronoun in English - Shakespeare uses it.

Well, that's a bit ironic, and not in the lease with Shakespeare not being a single person/writer, but a compilation. :D