Last call for SCS v32 fixes

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Firkraag is definitely weaker than that group of vampires. I can't recall because I usually side with her instead of the Shadow Thieves, but are they even harder than the vampires you run into in Bodhi's lair the first time during the main quest?

more difficult. no doubt

The battle  against the vampire's in Firkraag's dungeon feels like it came straight out of Tactics.  That fight and the encounter with Edwin's graveyard lich were the two fights I ended up needing to cheese in my last playthrough. And the lich fight is only a challenge because you're pushed into doing it early if you pick up Edwin. 

Firkraag himself  on the other hand is a bit of a pushover, even at low level levels.  I understand it's outside the scope of last minute fixes but I do wish the SoA Dragons were more threatening.

I've seen a strange thing in my SCSv32rc8 playthrough: It seems that it's possible to write some L9 scrolls into the spell book even through they're already there. I've seen this with Time Stop and Spell Trap. Could this be an SCS issue? (I'm running with the Innate Sequencers component, and I'm reasonably confident that I don't have anything else that would affect spells.)

Guest Macnube

ETA on when you'll have the time to push the latest changes? Trying to decide whether to wait on the fix for summoned celestials or just start BG2 and update mid way through.

No idea, sorry; these things always take longer than I expect. With luck Sunday or Monday, but it could be another couple of weeks.

EDIT: I should say, that's for an official release. I'll almost certainly push what I've done so far in the next couple of days (I can't right now for travel reasons) but I'm not making any effort to keep that in a working state, so it's at-own-risk.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, TheLoneTremere said:

A quick note, i think i also had this occurrence with a iron golem as well, but i can't recall exactly. Either or, maybe it is something like an ability that SR/PnP changed around or so that these specific enemies try to call upon, which no longer exist of course, these occur in hyper specific fights like the elder orb in the planar spear.

Just to note that I can't reproduce this bug. (In fact the Elder Orb in the sphere isn't even affected by Smarter Beholders.)

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, subtledoctor said:

But... I don't think that's true.  I mean, let's take the example of SI:Divination.  With SRv4, Nondetection fulfills this role.  So, what SR does/should/will do is:

• change Nondetection to provide full immunity to divination attacks
  • edit SI:Div to match the text and effects of Nondetection

The player will cast the "real" Nondetection and the AI will cast SI:Div, which is now identical to Nondetection.  Meaning, both will end up using the same spell in the same way.  Parity!  If you stop the AI casting SI:Div, then it can't do that.  Now, maaaybe Bartimaeus is changing scripts to have the AI cast Nondetection whenever it would normally cast SI:Div, BUT 1) I don't think I've seen Bartimaeus do much work with scripts, so I'm not confident he's actually doing that; 2) even if he is doing that, it's a lot of work to reach a nearly identical result; 3) that only creates more chances for things to go wrong; and finally, since we're in the SCS foprums right now, 4) even if Bartimaeus changes vanilla game scripts in his SRR project, there's no way he can change SCS scripts, which if I'm not mistaken direct AI mages to use SI:Div to block divination attacks.

If your point is to ask DavidW to edit SCS scripts to use the SR(R) variant spells instead of the SI spells, well, IMHO points 2) and 3) above militate against doing so.  The way SR treats SI spells, IIRC, was specifically designed with SCS in mind, with the goal of approximating parity between the player and the AI. 

Now, I'm not sure how perfectly SR achieves that.  I'd like to improve it for the SRv4 final release if it needs improving, but I need information to do that.  In particular, I'd like to know which SI spells SCS mages actually use.  I vaguely recall DavidW saying it only uses ~4 of the subspells, but I can't find the statement when I search.  SR just needs to make the variants converge; if we know how SCS uses them, we'll know what needs to be done to ensure parity for the player.

Engaging belatedly with this:

- I only use SI:Abjuration and SI:Divination (and then only in Chain Contingency and in Spell Trigger - I don't memorise it directly)

- On SR v4b16, it appears that SI:Abjuration is overwritten with Dispelling Screen, and SI:Divination is overwritten with Non-detection. So you won't see illegal spells turning up in SR+SCS; furthermore, those are both at-least-reasonable tactical choices.

So I don't think anything needs to change here.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, DrAzTiK said:

Considering SCS turn Illych into a berseker, I think i could be better to remove his sling and give to him a melee attack script. just my opinion.

I'd probably rather de-berserkerise him, rather than change his vanilla loadout.

OK, here's my current to-do list. If you reported a bug since about 1/27 and it's not listed here, tell me.

Various oddnesses with summoned fiends (carried over from previous list) - fixed but needs to be tested (by me, that's not a request)
Captain Erelon doesn't do anything when attacked (Mytag, 1/27)
Enemy mages need protection from evil to avoid being attacked by their own fiends (AnonymousHero, 1/27) - false alarm, they don't need it in SCS (the appearance they do is carried over from the bug above)
Erratic thralls in Planar Prison (AnonymousHero, 1/27)
Need to detect Tome & Blood version of sequencers (SubtleDoctor, 1/27) Implemented
Bodhi in PP challenge doesn't act (Draztik, 1/27; may be Ascension-linked)
Ascension Illasera stays out of sight, doesn't engage properly (Draztik, 1/27)
BG1 NPCs lose their special abilities (Vlar, 1/28) Fixed
Vampires aren't properly being affected by the difficulty slider (Angel, 1/29) Fixed.
Vampires in Firkraag's Lair are overpowered (Angel/Draztik, 1/29) Nerfed except on insane and higher difficulty
Ranged-attack dwarves in Improved Starting Dungeon, and probably elsewhere, seem to melee too much (Draztik, 1/29)
Vampire-summoned rats on LoB are ridiculous (Lord_Tansheron, 1/29) They're now flagged to ignore LoB
PC-summoned Planetars are casting odd choices of spells (AnonymousHero, 1/29)
PC-summoned Planetars (and others) ignore their instructions (Guest ktgrey, 1/29) Fixed.
Various problems with HLAs given the 'innate HLA' component (Guest ktgrey, 1/29) Fixed, at the cost of moving innate HLAs to the innate bar rather than the spell list. (Inherently I prefer them on the spell list but it's creating too much trouble.)
A player-summoned Mordenkainen's Sword attacks the PC if magic-missiled (Guest Macnube, 1/30)
Multiple spell turnings displayed in some situations (Guest ktgrey, 1/31) Fixed.
Gromnir gets 'item drained' when he tries to use Vhailor's Helm (Guest ktgrey, 1/31) fixed
Daveorn needs to equip his robe (Krevett via PM) done

Item numbers are messed up by Spellhold Items component (Guest ktgrey, 2/3) Fixed

CTD in AR6105 (Guest ktgrey, 2/3) fixed

Everything else on this list is being moved to a new list as of 4/29.

I reported a bug with item stack sizes changing when you get your items back with the "party loses items in Spellhold" component, #7 in https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30000-last-call-for-scs-v32-fixes/?page=9&tab=comments#comment-267009

The game crashed when I entered Diaytha's room in Sendai's enclave, AR6105. I bypassed this by consoling to the spectator beholder room and the rest of the maps were fine.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, Lord_Tansheron said:

Even as someone who plays with everything cranked to 11 and likes it, they do seem a bit out of place there. That pack of vampires is the hardest fight in Firkraag's Lair, including Firkraag himself (who in all honesty might also just be a little undertuned for who he is but I guess people like getting their Carsomyr asap). On LoB especially the rat swarms and the tight quarters make the pack an absolute nightmare to deal with - and not in a good, boy-did-I-enjoy-being-challenged kind of way.

OK, that group of vampires (and a few other similarly-nightmarish spawns, like the lich) are now gated behind INSANE and higher difficulties. (You get the full-strength vampire spawn at 1,000,000 XP on INSANE, 400,000 XP on SUPER-INSANE, and all the time on LEGACY OF BHAAL