Last call for SCS v32 fixes

14 minutes ago, chimaera said:

(had to cut it down to just the error due to size).

The file size gets reduced by a 100 factor if you only archive the file to a .zip. NEVER AGAIN attach a file as a .txt or .log, and do instead attach it as an archive. It's innate to Windows to be able to do this.

Guest Macnube
4 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Hi,

I've just tried a new installation of SCS v32. RC8 and couldn't get two elements to install: the improved spellhold battle and minor encounters, both with the same error: out of memory. I've attached both the weidu log (basically the only other mod installed is level1npcs) and the debug log (had to cut it down to just the error due to size). 

I also have one minor bug in EET-BG1 to report: Duke Liia still doesn't do anything during the ducal palace battle. She's a mage, but she doesn't even get any prebuffs and just stands there, which makes the fight very one-sided. C

WeiDU.log

error log.txt

I had a save game right before the ducal palace battle and just confirmed that I see the same behavior on BG1EE + SOD 2.5.1.7, SCS v32, rc8, so it's not just with EET.

Guest Macnube

In case it helps with your debugging, I was able to get Liia to get her prebuffs up and make sensible defensive choices during the ducal palace battle by adding a couple of Continue() calls to "DW#MG68.BCS":

Beginning on line 359:

IF
	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
	!HasItem("dw#mally",Myself)  // Mirror
	!Global("DMWWNeutralPrebuff","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		NoAction()
		Continue() // +++++ Added +++++
END

Beginning on line 661:

IF
	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
	!HasItem("dw#mally",Myself)  // Mirror
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		NoAction()
		Continue() // +++++ Added +++++
END

The first change allowed her to get her prebuffs up, but she still just stood there until the second change.

Not sure if that produces the intended behavior as she still doesn't take any offensive actions, but at least now she lives.

Guest Macnube

Was able to get her to behave sensibly by adding an additional check for "!See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))" to each of those conditional blocks, without any changes to the response - since I'm guessing those are there to prevent neutral mages from joining in battles?

In the Ease-of-use party AI, on setting 2 and up, the character automatically casts low-level healing spells on injured companions. They try do so  even if the injured companions are invisible. This leads to a loop of failed casting attempts because you "cannot target spells on invisible of sanctuaried creatures". This fills the feedback area with error messages. On top of that, if you have activated the auto pause when a target gets destroyed, the game becomes unplayable because it pauses automatically with each casting attempt, which happens every tenth of a second or so.

When this happens you have two options:

• Unpause one million times until the invisibility wears off.
  • Go to the options, uncheck the auto pause option for target destroyed, wait until the invisibility wears off or remove it manually if required, let the healers cast their spells, go back to the options and check the auto pause option back.

Hope this description is clear. If not I can add screenshots to clarify.

Hi, so I've got another bug (?), but I'm not sure if it's caused by scs or the game. My main character got hit with chaos and she made the saving throw, no chaos-icon appeared on portrait, but she still acted as if affected by the spell.

edit: I couldn't reproduce it, so it must have been a weird glitch.

Edited by chimaera

This MOD really is a great breath of fresh air to the BG games..

Noticed:

When a I try to cast Improved Alacrity the char stands still - nothing.

Tried again with fresh install (also tried without ascension fresh install) bg2ee 2.5 GOG latest (14/02/2019) and SCS 28 release 8. Attached Weidu.

Installing with the  tool Project infinity. 100% was able to cast IA with 2.5 + scs 28 r 8 about 3 months ago -

Can someone point the right direction if im missing something obvious. The char after click IA just stands there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS FEEDBACK: THUMBS UP for the newer fewer options at install + difficulty slider

Also curious what programs if any people use to install SCS to save sitting there waiting for each component to install.Thanks

WeiDU.log

Edited by david76321

In the last bug list of the now closed V8 testing thread the aTweaks (fiends) compatibility was set from "not fixed in this release" to fixed. Was this just for housekeeping or are the components of the two mods indeed compatible in 32.v9/final. Because in this case kudos to you and many thanks from a player of both these wonderful mods.

Edited by Throari

I've got a bug I can reproduce. During the fight with Ihtafeer in the druid grove, the message window gets flooded with multiple "minor spell turning cast previously" messages, the game slows down and at some point freezes & crashes. If I turn off the prebuffing for mages, the battle proceeds without issues.