Last call for SCS v32 fixes

On golems, I can't reproduce the cumulative slow effect on EE, so if you're seeing it I suspect it's a compatibility problem with another mod. (I can see how it might happen on a non-EE install, but fixing vanilla bugs is beyond the scope of SCS.) I can reproduce, and have fixed, the problem with too-short spellcasting durations for golems.

This is a collection, for my benefit, of reported bugs in this thread that I haven't addressed. By all means keep using the thread for further bug reports.

- malformed Summon Fiend on SR+SCS (Draztik, 1/20) fixed.

- gibberlings get potions (Macnube, 1/21) Fixed

- no alarm/fight after killng Phaere and Ardulace (Draztik, 1/21) - false alarm, works fine

- no damage from Adalon BW (Draztik, 1/21) Can sort of reproduce; Adalon's BW works fine but on Insane she overuses her Paralyzation breath. tweaked.

- check that dragon +200% hp is working (Draztik, 1/21) Works fine on my install, tested with Adalon and Nizi.

- Chapter 6 bodhi's script is hanging, after casting her first spell, she's is just standing and taking no action. (Relay, 1/19) Fixed

- druid buffs don't seem quite right (Macnube, 1/22) Can't reproduce.

Anything else I can't reproduce (golem slow cumulative, SR+innate triggers), won't be able to fix for v32 (aTweaks compatibility) or have already fixed.

EDIT: these are all fixed now.

Hey DavidW, silly question, but I have to:
> I remember that when I played SCS and faced beholders, the beholders would just "forcely" remove my shield of balduran from my inventory and then start casting all their spells. Do I remember wrong? Because I was reading your readme, and it actually asks to not use shield of balduran.

> How does Questpack AI compare with SCS?

ah... found what I was looking for:

The beholders can now use their telekinesis power to steal the Cloak of Mirroring and the Shield of Balduran. They don't do it in the first couple of rounds, then they have a 1/3 chance per round (per beholder). The idea isn't to make the items useless but to block the move of just giving them to one person and sending them in. If it annoys you, you can turn it off at the console: set DMWWDisableBeholderTheft to 1.

So basically only the second question remains.

Guest Guest Arthas

Also I've got a feature request: in my playthroughs, I usually face Ust Nasta defense. Is there any chance you could create some powerful and unique items to appeal the players that actually destroy a whole city of drows? 

8 hours ago, Guest Guest Arthas said:

Also I've got a feature request: in my playthroughs, I usually face Ust Nasta defense. Is there any chance you could create some powerful and unique items to appeal the players that actually destroy a whole city of drows? 

I don't think that creating powerful items is the goal of scs... I usually face the city too but only do it for XP and that's already nice. BG2/ToB is already full of powerful items ;) and even more if you got itemp upgrades installed!

9 hours ago, Guest Arthas said:

How does Questpack AI compare with SCS?

I don't recall what QP does. Look at the respective readmes. They're compatible IIRC. (QP is pretty minimal.)

9 hours ago, Guest Guest Arthas said:

No. 

(1) As Krevett says, that's not the design goal of SCS. It leads to an arms race where the players get more and more powerful items and need to face more and more powerful foes to compensate.

(2) In this particular case, the intended goal of the Ust Natha component is to make escaping the city tougher and more realistic. If you actually succeed in killing all the drow then good for you, but it's not really the goal of the component and so I don't really want to invest design time in it. Settle for bragging rights.

@DavidW

Since your IWD spells are directly pulled from IWD:EE, this means you're also (partially) importing the so-called Evasion passive ability:

Spoiler

EVASION: When a Thief is hit by a spell that can be evaded (Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc.), the Thief is allowed a Save vs. Breath to completely avoid the effects. If the Saving Throw is failed, the spell works normally, including a save for half damage if the spell allows for it. A helpless Thief (e.g. held, stunned, or asleep) cannot use Evasion.

You can notice this if you look at, for instance, CLERIC_SPIKE_GROWTH: there's an opcode #324 whose parameter2 is set to 63 (Evasion check)

At this point I think you should/could (if possible):

1. make all of this optional ----> remove that opcode from those spells
  2. complete the work by adding that opcode to all those BG spells that have it in IWDEE (e.g., Fireball, Flame Strike and the like) + update every Thief CLAB table with #evasion.SPL (another IWDEE resource that basically applies a permanent EVASION spell state to all L7+ Thieves).

What do you think?

Edited by Luke
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

@DavidW

Since your IWD spells are directly pulled from IWD:EE, this means you're also (partially) importing the so-called Evasion passive ability:

Reveal hidden contents

EVASION: When a Thief is hit by a spell that can be evaded (Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc.), the Thief is allowed a Save vs. Breath to completely avoid the effects. If the Saving Throw is failed, the spell works normally, including a save for half damage if the spell allows for it. A helpless Thief (e.g. held, stunned, or asleep) cannot use Evasion.

You can notice this if you look at, for instance, CLERIC_SPIKE_GROWTH: there's an opcode #324 whose parameter2 is set to 63 (Evasion check)

At this point I think you should/could (if possible):

1. make all of this optional ----> remove that opcode from those spells
  2. complete the work by adding that opcode to all those BG spells that have it in IWDEE (e.g., Fireball, Flame Strike and the like) + update every Thief CLAB table with #evasion.SPL (another IWDEE resource that basically applies a permanent EVASION spell state to all L7+ Thieves).

What do you think?

Unless I'm missing something, this is invisible in game. 324-63 checks for the EVASION spellstate, which is given to thieves by the CLAB files in IWDEE but is absent in BG(2)EE.

12 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Unless I'm missing something, this is invisible in game. 324-63 checks for the EVASION spellstate, which is given to thieves by the CLAB files in IWDEE but is absent in BG(2)EE.

I think that permanent spell state applied via the CLAB table is necessary to make sure everything works as expected (me and @subtledoctor had a long discussion about this....

To sum up: without the spell state, you may see something wrong depending on the spell's projectile......

Edited by Luke

I have just finished SoA : ( with SCS RC6 and SRR)

1 - enemies mage/priest do not use HLA on insane mod, insane plus and legacy of bhaal.  Surely a script problem because when I CTRL+Q enemies mages, they do have HLA memorized.

2- the + 200 % boost for dragon has only worked correctly for firkraak if I am not wrong.

3- the dragon in hell ( AR 2902 ) takes damage from is own breath weapons because he is not immune to acid I think.

4- I  play with SRR and rarely but sometimes, it seems that enemies mage cast immunity to abjuration or divination ( according to the text box). These spells no longer exist with SR

5-  it seems enemies mage never cast Fire shield or Mestil Acid  sheath (even if memorized ) same for monster summoning 7,8,9, and rarely cast mislead/ project image/ simulacrum

6- a detail but protection from elemental energy is a level 4 spell with SR and it looks like enemies mage memorize the standard old spell ( like protetion from fire level 3)

7 - enemies mages nerver use non detection (level3) or dispelling screen  (level 5)If I am not wrong

8-  Enemies mages rarely summons fiends, even liches.  I am not sure if they use SR fiends because I have seen Kangaax summon a Cornugon ( this fiend does not exist with SR)

Edited by DrAzTiK