Last call for SCS v32 fixes

29 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

I have just finished SoA : ( with SCS RC6 and SRR)

1 - enemies mage/priest do not use HLA on insane mod, insane plus and legacy of bhaal.  Surely a script problem because when I CTRL+Q enemies mages, they do have HLA memorized.

2- the + 200 % boost for dragon has only worked correctly for firkraak if I am not wrong.

3- the dragon in hell ( AR 2902 ) takes damage from is own breath weapons because he is not immune to acid I think.

4- I  play with SRR and rarely but sometimes, it seems that enemies mage cast immunity to abjuration or divination ( according to the text box). These spells no longer exist with SR

5-  it seems enemies mage never cast Fire shield or Mestil Acid  sheath (even if memorized ) same for monster summoning 7,8,9, and rarely cast mislead/ project image/ simulacrum

6- a detail but protection from elemental energy is a level 4 spell with SR and it looks like enemies mage memorize the standard old spell ( like protetion from fire level 3)

7 - enemies mages nerver use non detection (level3) or dispelling screen  (level 5)If I am not wrong

8-  Enemies mages rarely summons fiends, even liches.  I am not sure if they use SR fiends because I have seen Kangaax summon a Cornugon ( this fiend does not exist with SR)

Thanks - I'll have a look. A couple of preliminaries:

On 1: That's because you're playing on RC6, I think - this got fixed at RC7 or RC8.

On 5: I basically don't use Project Image/Simulacrum - it's become too difficulty to code for. (Basically because I can't predict what script the simulacrum ought to be given.)

More generally: note that I don't support SRR officially.

34 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

4- I  play with SRR and rarely but sometimes, it seems that enemies mage cast immunity to abjuration or divination ( according to the text box). These spells no longer exist with SR

6- a detail but protection from elemental energy is a level 4 spell with SR and it looks like enemies mage memorize the standard old spell ( like protetion from fire level 3)

4. If you play with SRR, it is actually default behavior that these spells still exist. Did you enable the settings.ini switch to replace them?

6. Same problem as atweaks' Further Revised Fiend Summoning spells, except only sort of - Protection from Elemental Energy is a spell that lets you choose from four subspells to cast, but unlike atweaks, does not actually replace any old spells, and SCS does not presumably try to add it to any NPCs. But yes, that's why the original spells still exist - so that the AI can still use them.

(e): @DavidW: #4 applies only to SRR, but #6 is SR as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
18 minutes ago, Myrag said:

1. Summoned fiends don't fight party even when not proteced from evil (improved fiends installed)

2. Is it expected that Cacofiend spell summons bone fiend instead (improved fiends installed)? Couldn't find this in readme

1. What else installed? (Do you have Smarter Mages?)

2. Yes, if the caster is Lawful or (50% of the time) Neutral. Look in the readme under 'Alignment-appropriate fiends'.

43 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

3- the dragon in hell ( AR 2902 ) takes damage from is own breath weapons because he is not immune to acid I think.

This is an original game bug with both hell dragons (hdragsil, hdragred) who, despite their file names, are black dragons. Unfortunately they seem to be copied from Thaxll'ssillyia instead of Nizidramanii'yt.

4. If you play with SRR, it is actually default behavior that these spells still exist. Did you enable the settings.ini switch to replace them?

No I didn't replace them but I didn't see a single scroll of spell immunity in store  or loots.  (and the SCS component providing scroll of spell immunity is skipped when detecting SR).

So  do you think  enemies mages shoud use spell immunity when SR or SRR is installed ?

Also I don't see anymore the move boo into Minsc inventory component.

Edited by DrAzTiK
49 minutes ago, DavidW said:

1. What else installed? (Do you have Smarter Mages?)

Yes. Here is my weidu log

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tougher Demogorgon ( Original Bioware Design 😞 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for original Bioware NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs by shawne: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: 1.7.2
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Balthazar by Cuv ( Alternate Design 😞 1.7.2
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v8
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v32 RC8
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v32 RC8
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal and incorporeal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v4.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v4.53
~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Remove Delay from Improved Haste Spells: 1.7
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla bams for spells: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #3 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Disable item comparison feature: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #4 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Reverse +/- buttons position: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Single Click to Map Travel: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #6 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Sidebar toggle button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #7 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Quicksave button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #8 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Show Highlight button: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #9 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Small right sidebar buttons: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #10 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Quests in journal collapsed by default: 3.7
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #11 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Left click on portrait to level up: 3.7

Edited by Myrag
54 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

No I didn't replace them but I didn't see a single scroll of spell immunity in store  or loots.  (and the SCS component providing scroll of spell immunity is skipped when detecting SR).

So  do you think  enemies mages shoud use spell immunity when SR or SRR is installed ?

Also I don't see anymore the move boo into Minsc inventory component.

1. Yes, that's because Spell Immunity is replaced by Dispelling Screen, but the AI can still cast the individualized versions of the spell via contingencies and triggers in both SR and SRR unless you use the settings.ini switch pre-install.

2. No, I don't think they "should", since the player doesn't have access to them, but they definitely will unless you use that switch.

3. That subcomponent was moved to Tweaks Anthology.

@TheLoneTremere: SR b16's Banishment simply kills by gender - specifically gender 6 (summoned) and gender 20 (used by some mods for no limit summoning). If it's any other type of gender (and in non-revised SR, neither celestials or fiends use either of these genders), it will not work.

~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5

sorry for the off topic but what are these component usefull for ?

@Bartimaeus  Ok I was not aware about this switch. Is should be set to 0 by default Imo

Edited by DrAzTiK
18 minutes ago, DrAzTiK said:

sorry for the off topic but what are these component usefull for ?

@Bartimaeus  Ok I was not aware about this switch. Is should be set to 0 by default Imo

I like to know when protection from magical weapons and some crucial buffs expire or my charaters might get insta killed on LOB/SCS in Ascension :)

Also got a question. What happened to 'no melee' mode in SCS ease of use AI. I loved this since i hate when in crowded places party members engage in fist fight because of promixity. 

6 hours ago, DavidW said:

OK, can reproduce: Evasion is (at least mostly) hardcoded. Will sort it out (one way or another).

Yeah, it's annoying.  My advice would be to simply DELETE_EFFECT the 324-63 checks when adding the spells into the game.

If people do want Evasion in their game, there are mods that do that.  (And yeah, I just recalled another mod of mine that wants to be installed after any mod that adds IWD spells.  Time to go update some Readmes!)

34 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Yeah, it's annoying.  My advice would be to simply DELETE_EFFECT the 324-63 checks when adding the spells into the game.

That’s my feeling too. Even if people want evasion, your 324x2 method is better. (It’s also, as a point of interest, basically what IWD-in-BG2 did back in the day, though it was much more cumbersome and involved various bits of trickery, since there wasn’t a 324 opcode.)

7 hours ago, DavidW said:

That’s my feeling too. Even if people want evasion, your 324x2 method is better. (It’s also, as a point of interest, basically what IWD-in-BG2 did back in the day, though it was much more cumbersome and involved various bits of trickery, since there wasn’t a 324 opcode.)

OK, so you're opting for removing it and letting people install it via other mods.......

We need to install it after SCS so that we can capture IWDEE spells, but what about Fireball (Cast Previously) and the like (if any, of course)? Guess we need to manually look for them and add them to the list of SPLs that can be evaded....

Edited by Luke

Fireball can be cast previously?? ( 😆 )

One possibility is to install the Evasion mod like Scales of Balance in between  the SCS component that add IWD spells and the component that makes clones of spells (which I assume is the AI component(s) - that way the clone spells shpuld already have Evasion baked in. 

Alternatively, install IWDification first. 

Alternatively, some searches in NI should identify the names of the SCS AI clone spells with Evadable effects... if someone PMs the list to me I'll add then to the Evasion mod and then it can just be installed after SCS

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Alternatively, some searches in NI should identify the names of the SCS AI clone spells with Evadable effects... if someone PMs the list to me I'll add then to the Evasion mod and then it can just be installed after SCS

Yeah, I was thinking on something like this......

In any case, as I said before, I don't understand why @DavidW cannot ship two versions of the IWDEE spells..... In so doing:

1. people can play the game without Evasion;
  2. people can play the game with IWDEE Evasion;
  3. people can play the game with Subtledoctor's Evasion (simply via installing the SCS spells without the 324-63 checks and then Scales_Of_Balance after SCS)
Edited by Luke