Bug Hunt Luridel 01.15.2019

cmorgan

Remind of somthing:

• The second time Aran gets drunk > select reply "Hey, didn't we already have this conversation?" > select any of the next replies except for "I think the young redhead..." > party rest > Aran's drunk talk pops up again.
    Some SetGlobal actions is missing for some of the reply options.
  • PID menu shows two "Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?" options when in Hell in Chapter 7.
Edited by amellg
On 1/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, amellg said:

PID menu shows two "Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?" options when in Hell in Chapter 7.

Well, I outsmarted myself with that coding - looks like I used the SoA content chapter talks and the ToB area talks with the same @8600 = ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~. In EET thefiles stack, so both can be active, I think....

Line 21489:   + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_7%)~ + @8600 + a1083  /* Chapter 7: Suldanessellar, Capitol of Plot Devices, then straight to hell. Literally. */

is the opne I think is the duplication, but to make sure I will modify all the chapter based ones so that the area check ones remain constant across ToB:
@13737 = ~[PC] Do you have any advice about our tasks?~

Adjusting several of these to play the different line when more than one might be active; done on local copy but not pushed yet.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, amellg said:

The second time Aran gets drunk > select reply "Hey, didn't we already have this conversation?" > select any of the next replies except for "I think the young redhead..." > party rest > Aran's drunk talk pops up again.
Some SetGlobal actions is missing for some of the reply options.

The second time Aran gets drunk > select reply "Hey, didn't we already have this conversation? " > select any of the next replies except for "I think the young redhead..." > party rest > Aran's drunk talk pops up again.

Found 'em - all instances repaired on local copy but not yet pushed to git - still need to handle some .tp2 changes and test them.

Note to self: look at what EET actually does with .dlg files and determine the best way to screen ToB into ToB. SoA will work fine with some GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_8%)  calls and will not choke up SoA, ToB, BGT, or BG2EE because the dialog files are split between SoA and ToB content, but for EET it looks like we need to be much more careful; with the checks. It may just be the BGT_VAR since that is already in use, but might need to be

(if they are really stacked into the same file we want to not just use SoA shudown, we want to block any pid and possible ToB content clearly and leave a marker for troubleshooting on EET)

/* EET enabling D and BAF after SoA content  */

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN

/* EET enabling D and BAF after SoA content  */
    OUTER_SPRINT ~EET_VAR~ ~GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",19)~ // EET Chapter 20: Sacred Grove (Illasera encounter) -------> Reaching Amkethran

END ELSE BEGIN

OUTER_SPRINT ~EET_VAR~ ~ ~

END

Recheck - are both scripts and dialog files stacked or just dialog files? (I assume just .dlg).

EDIT: K4thos' docs are clear - joined dialog files are merged. The followup to ask him is how - just stacked, or evaluated in some special way?

and K4thos' docs also mention -> InToBv <- vanilla variable that is set to 1 in the first area of Throne of Bhaal expansion (AR4000.BCS). I will need to check Kaeloree's stuffm as I think I remember him using it. If it works across all games, then I could just add the "always true" condition to non-EET stuff... but probably not. Just add the var for EET.

I installed ver.Jan 27, 2019 and started a new game (EET and BG2EE) just now, and found Aran become crazy... Once his first FT fires, the next FTs will fire one after another without stop.

Components I have installed:

~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Aran Whitehand for SoA and ToB: RC_1 01.26.2019
~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Audio Files -> Install Only Soundset and Music: RC_1 01.26.2019
~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #9 // Choose Which Aran Configuration to install -> Aran Whitehand, Thief Dual-Class stats, choose configuration (Spy): RC_1 01.26.2019
~ARANW/SETUP-ARANW.TP2~ #0 #230 // Customize Talk And Flirt Timers -> Content Speed: minimum 45 minutes real time between dialogues: RC_1 01.26.2019

And, the issue I mentioned in the third post in this thread 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:41 AM, amellg said:

This one is rather an odd issue. It happens like this:
Ask Aran to "come to me when we rest" from PID/LT → Click the rest button 
→ Aran's music plays, dialogue box appears and shows Valygar's Tree of Life dialogue "<charname>: Valygar... the intense and noble ranger whom you saved from the predations…" with the corresponding reply options
→ If Valygar is not in party, choose one of the replies and then dialogue ends; if Valygar is in party, he will answer and then go on to the next member's Tree of Life dialogue.

This occurs in BG2EE too. It seems it will happen when Aran is installed after Jastey's Corthala Romantique.

Edited by amellg

Hmmmm... I will grab my install and take a look this evening - my bet is I messed something up with the “change the timers” component. 

Does the behavior continue if you uninstall  #230, Customize Talk and Flirt Timers?

I’ll go look at Corthala Romantiqe and see what we are each doing there 😎

On 1/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, amellg said:
  • This one is rather an odd issue. It happens like this:
    Ask Aran to "come to me when we rest" from PID/LT → Click the rest button 
    → Aran's music plays, dialogue box appears and shows Valygar's Tree of Life dialogue "<charname>: Valygar... the intense and noble ranger whom you saved from the predations…" with the corresponding reply options
    → If Valygar is not in party, choose one of the replies and then dialogue ends; if Valygar is in party, he will answer and then go on to the next member's Tree of Life dialogue.

I have tried uninstalling and installing different Aran versions, or changing the installation order, but this still happened in my every EET playthrough.
    I looked into player1.dlg and found that the line "<charname>: Valygar... the intense and noble ranger..." has been modified by Corthala Romantique mod.  At last I added conditions like "!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",1)" to this line and sucessfully made Aran's night visit dialogue show up properly. I wonder why Aran's night visit variables will trigger Valygar's Tree of Life talk. Or I just messed up my EET installation (still haven't tested this on a clean EET). Anyway the problem is solved and I just write it down here for reference… 

OK, I think I found it - I'm posting the whole diagnosis, but you can skip to the end for some ways of fixing it - confirming it is a fix needed to CR. And I have some time tomorrow, so will try and get a repaired and revamped version of AranW up on the master repo. Major changes in .tp2 behavior on this one. I am rechecking the timers again to see what may have happened.

OK, so this triggers the talk in AranW through both his SoA and ToB .bcs

/* Night Talk: Amorous */
IF
  Global("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",1)
  InParty("c-aran")
  !Global("B!GavTalk","GLOBAL",1)
  !Global("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",1)
  !Global("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",4)
  !Global("c-arandreamstar","LOCALS",1)
  !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN  
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",2)
	PlaySong(0)
	PlaySound("c-arnltl")
	ActionOverride(Player1,StartDialog("player1",Player1))
END

which means it is looking for Player 1 and doing the "self talk" thing. This triggers from dialogue and from PiD, where you can invite Aran to drop by at night.

Taking a look at the files after CR and AranW are onboard, PLAYER1.DLG... and yup. I'm flagging this one for @jastey - it is a cool idea but it looks like it needs some tweaking. It accidentally sideswipes some other stuff.

I DON'T THINK THIS IS THE PROBLEM:
This state seems ok even though it takes top weight order over all other PLAYER1.DLG calls - it is only set by Valygar's ToB script block (and we know EET does not stack/merge scripts, only dialogues). It doesn't set it up until ToB, and the only way to make it go wonky would be to have some really crazy script stoppage in the Pocket Plane or something - it almost immediately starts the evaluation on joining the party in ToB

IF WEIGHT #0 ~  Global("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 65 // from:
  SAY #131061 /* ~(You see Valygar before you, the silent ranger. You remember the past you share with him...)~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #131062 /* ~Valygar is the man you love. He never confessed himself, but you know from all that happened between you that his feelings are just as intense.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",0)
SetGlobal("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("H#ValygarMatch","GLOBAL",1)
~ EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #131063 /* ~Valygar might have been a travel companion in the past, but he never interested you as a man, least of all as a lover.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("H#ValygarMatch","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
~ EXIT
END

This one is the very first state in weight - it is designed to be "cleared from the stack" (evaluated and changed) by running the following block in p#varolt.baf

//Set Matches

/* game that carries over from SoA */
IF
Global("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
Global("H#ValygarMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
Global("P#VaLoveTalk","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobal("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",2)
RealSetGlobalTimer("P#VaLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL",180)
RealSetGlobalTimer("P#VaForestTalkTime","GLOBAL",%ValygarToBTimer_short%)
SetGlobal("P#VaLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Looking at the related dialogue, I can't figure out how it might fail. I doubt it is the state that is firing, but if you check the variables and see if Global("H#CheckValygarMatchTOB","GLOBAL",1) is set, then we know for sure. In the meantime, I am posting all of this so I can come back and shamelessly copy and steal *cough*  "be inspired" by Jastey's ideas here - great idea leveraging PLAYER1.DLG like this. She knows her stuff!

When taking on a project with so many different hands some stuff may get through testing but not show up when a mod is tested as "last in install order" -

I THINK THIS IS THE PROBLEM:
This one, though, was originally part of state 33, or "The Big Tree Talk State". It could cause a NVROL in that state, and will block any further dialogues for any player not currently in an active romance with Valygar whether or not he is/was/will be in the party:, and for both ToB and SoA:

IF WEIGHT #13 /* Triggers after states #: 65 even though they appear after this state */
~  !Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN BEGIN 36 // from: 33.17
  SAY #58036 /* ~Valygar... the intense and noble ranger whom you saved from the predations of the Cowled Wizards and who has been your companion ever since.~ */
  IF ~OR(2)
Dead("lavok02")
Dead("lavok")
~ THEN REPLY #58037 /* ~Valygar... Lavok is dead. You could return to your life now if you wish. This is my fight.~ */ EXTERN ~VALYGARJ~ 106
  IF ~!Dead("lavok")
!Dead("lavok02")
~ THEN REPLY #58038 /* ~Valygar... Lavok is still alive. Your own quest is unfinished, but mine ends here. This is my fight.~ */ EXTERN ~VALYGARJ~ 106
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #58039 /* ~Irenicus is a powerful wizard, Valygar. I know how you hate magic users; you do not have to endanger yourself for me.~ */ EXTERN ~VALYGARJ~ 106
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #58040 /* ~This is it, Valygar. I need to know that you are ready, that you are willing to commit yourself to the battle ahead.~ */ EXTERN ~VALYGARJ~ 106
  IF ~  InParty("Valygar")
InMyArea("Valygar")
!StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN GOTO 64
END

Any call to PLAYER1.DLG in SoA or ToB content in any game has an "almost always true" variable check here, so will block any call to the PLAYER1.DLG until the var is set. This isn't technically a "weighting issue" - if the weight is set to the lowest (last in evaluation) on installation of CR,  it will still block mod added NPCs installed later on (especially ones like AranW, who drop theirs on the end of the list to make sure that they don't stop other folks stuff). Any bug reports from Aran's night talks "c-arangoaded","GLOBAL" |  "c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL"  - this is the first place to look.

AranW can temporarily work around this by setting a high weight, making sure mine fires first, but that means I could have a nighttalk fire when the Tree of Life call was set up for AranW players - hmmm. Not a great time for a female PC to have to deal with amorous advances. My suggestions are for a tweaking of code on CR to allow for more mods to use PLAYER1.DLG.

So...

PLAYER1D state 33 is called from within the "Tree of Life" options. I suggest CR use the same kind of code most folks do there these days, and capitalize on adding or altering that state instead.

Instead of  D:\BeamDog\00783\corthalaromantique\dialogues\h#soainterject.d

/* prevent original interjection to run if romance ones do */

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER PLAYER1 36 ~!Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~

EXTEND_BOTTOM PLAYER1 36
IF ~InParty("Valygar") InMyArea("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN GOTO TreeOfLife
END

I'd either patch the original reply to state 36 directly, sending it to a state where CR has complete control, or simply draw off the original state with a pair of

/* prevent original interjection from running if romance ones do */

EXTEND_BOTTOM PLAYER1 33
IF ~InParty("Valygar") InMyArea("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM PLAYER1 33
!Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN GOTO TreeOfLife
END

@jastey, I don't know how you want to handle this, just tossing ideas - @amellg, since you are on EE/EET, if you can edit the trigger, you could either remove the trigger from the dialog with an editor, or uninstall back to before CR and find the file
D:\BeamDog\00783\corthalaromantique\dialogues\h#soainterject.d
and comment out line 639 so that it looks like //ADD_STATE_TRIGGER PLAYER1 36 ~!Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~
and then reinstall.
But if you are having those timer problems, don't reinstall that lastest GitHub version of AranW - I am hoping to post serious changes tomorrow afternoon (2/8/2019 after 15:30 CST).

heh. yeah. @amellg , don't use the current "advanced users only" direct from GitHub right now. I'm sorry. Something I am doing is seriously scrambling the timers.

As in - without the change-the-timers subcomponent set installed, we have timers

IF ~  Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",5)
~ THEN BEGIN 604 // from:
  SAY #104570 /* ~[ARAN] You know, when I was servin' in th' Flaming Fist just outside o' Cloakwood, we heard a few rumors about someone named <CHARNAME>. Never did hear what happened completely, but apparently <CHARNAME>'s adventurin' group took the head right off the Iron Throne, an' made our work considerably easier.~ [c-aws088] */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #104571 /* ~[PC] That would be me.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",6)
RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",3605)
~ GOTO 937
  IF ~  CheckStatGT(Player1,15,CHR)
~ THEN REPLY #104572 /* ~[PC] You don't say. That sounds like a fascinating person to meet. Did the rumors mention how stunning <PRO_HESHE> looked?~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",6)
~ GOTO 938
  IF ~  CheckStatGT(Player1,15,STR)
~ THEN REPLY #104573 /* ~[PC] That is interesting. Did anyone say how strong <PRO_HESHE> was?~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",6)
~ GOTO 939

Working. But when I patch the new times in, all the BG friendtalks set stuff like this -

IF ~  Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",5)
~ THEN BEGIN 604 // from:
  SAY #104570 /* ~[ARAN] You know, when I was servin' in th' Flaming Fist just outside o' Cloakwood, we heard a few rumors about someone named <CHARNAME>. Never did hear what happened completely, but apparently <CHARNAME>'s adventurin' group took the head right off the Iron Throne, an' made our work considerably easier.~ [c-aws088] */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #104571 /* ~[PC] That would be me.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",6)
RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",2705)
~ GOTO 937
  IF ~  CheckStatGT(Player1,15,CHR)
~ THEN REPLY #104572 /* ~[PC] You don't say. That sounds like a fascinating person to meet. Did the rumors mention how stunning <PRO_HESHE> looked?~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",6)
RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranromtimer","GLOBAL",2705)
~ GOTO 938

and worse...

I have never seen/experienced anything like it. I need to recheck everything - this tested out fine on my last install. Ah, the joys of modernization...

EDIT -

😖 You know, the whole point of working in one directory, comparing and merging files to a local repo, then testing and comparing, then finally pushing to the master, is to stop boneheaded idiotic things from propagating. But when you compare the files and then blithely copy R>L instead of L>R, you overwrite the tested stuff with the crap in progress stuff...

I have to go for tonight, but I can fix the timers and post tomorrow morning early. Definitely PEBKAK, or just plain "cmorgan can't handle a basic copy/paste/manipulate" without falling over his own feet

5 hours ago, cmorgan said:

This one, though, was originally part of state 33, or "The Big Tree Talk State". It could cause a NVROL in that state, and will block any further dialogues for any player not currently in an active romance with Valygar whether or not he is/was/will be in the party:, and for both ToB and SoA:

IF WEIGHT #13 /* Triggers after states #: 65 even though they appear after this state */
~  !Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN BEGIN 36 // from: 33.17
  SAY #58036 /* ~Valygar... the intense and noble ranger whom you saved from the predations of the Cowled Wizards and who has been your companion ever since.~ */

OMG what a crappy piece of scripting, who does something like this?!

Seriously, though, thank you for pointing that out - I had a bug report with this dialogue showing up in Irenicus Dungeon so I really screwed this up.

And yep - looking into the mod, this is what I used:

/* prevent original interjection to run if romance ones do */

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER PLAYER1 36 ~!Global("H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~

EXTEND_BOTTOM PLAYER1 36
END

I think I meant to use "ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER" here. This is not embarrassing at all.

8 hours ago, cmorgan said:

😖 You know, the whole point of working in one directory, comparing and merging files to a local repo, then testing and comparing, then finally pushing to the master, is to stop boneheaded idiotic things from propagating. But when you compare the files and then blithely copy R>L instead of L>R, you overwrite the tested stuff with the crap in progress stuff...

I have to go for tonight, but I can fix the timers and post tomorrow morning early. Definitely PEBKAK, or just plain "cmorgan can't handle a basic copy/paste/manipulate" without falling over his own feet

I did the same thing before this playthrough, mistakenly copied and installed an old Aran folder instead of the newest one I just downloaded, found his chapter triggers was a mess in game, intended to report as an issue. Then despondently uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Aran and a bunch of other mods in order again. This time found Aran's timer become strange.

Cause it's a bit troublesome to uninst and reinstall mods on EET, I'll drop Aran at somewhere temporary and hang around with other members for a while, and wait for the official fix!

OK,  Latest Commit is up here RC_amellg (02.08.2019).

Timers are confirmed fixed by installing on BG2EE, looking at NI, using DLTCEP and exporting to WeiDU under each of the possible choices, and jumping into a new game (jumping directly from House Irenicus to The Broken Sword, picking up Aran , and waiting for his first friend timer to expire, then waiting to see if it would fire again immediately).

MAJOR CHANGE@AL|EN and @Jarno Mikkola made good cases for moving to a default install with optional components for patching, and for removing ACTION_READLN (interactive user-tasked data input at install time). So those two things are done. I may go back after more content is finished and add a detailed configuration file, so I left all the hooks in place for ultra-tweaking.

When you install this time, it will definitely look different. Nothing is wrong if it doesn't ask you for as much input!

I only tested the new .cre changes with a thief dual-class base, so I will put that on my testing list.

ToB transition under EET is still a work-in-progress, but  @K4thos has great documentation, I am looking at Camdawg's and Jastey's examples, and then may finally be able to do the "continuous in-party into ToB" materials (involves both code and dialogue, as the original ToB stuff did not define how long you have been away, so I played with multiple variants of the standard ToB join Up from Summoning thing). Until I do, the workaround ios the one you discovered (send away and summon) or edit the .cre manually to swap to using the ToB script :)

Offline for family stuff and then for work stuff for a bit but will poke back in either late tonight or late tomorrow.

By adding metadata, you complete "Phase 1" and got one ⭐ for completing, by removing ACTION_READLN you complete "Phase 2" and got ⭐⭐⭐ stars since it require a lot of work. It is really fantastic work! Thank you! 

Edited by AL|EN

I've finished a game with ver.02.08.2019. No serious new EET issues were noticed this time, only a few very small ones I think are not related to EET

• In spellhold when I removed Aran from the party, he stayed right there without saying anything.
  • No item received when I bought a document case for Aran from Gavin's gift shop. Was there supposed to be one?

• His ToB leave and join dialogue acts strange, and a bit different in EE and EET. Not sure if they are the same problem. It can roughly be summarized as follows:

Remove Aran from the party and tell him to wait here, then come to him and tell him to rejoin;
    →Remove him the second time (or the 3rd/4th/... time), his rejoin dialogue appears and then he leaves;
    →Come to him again, he says lines like "It has been a pleasure adventuring with you." or "Goodnight Ladies, Ladies Goodnight."

In EE, the above only happened in Pocket Plane, and his leave dialogue was the SoA one ("Hey, I'm right out...") whether in PP or other areas. I can even ask him to head for Brynlaw/Athkatla/etc.
    In EET, the above happened in any area, and his leave dialogue was the ToB one ("Do you be certain...").
    EDIT: Similar thing happened in SoA's taverns (EE and EET).

• Leave dialogue in Brynnlaw's tavern had two "Aran, wait here for me, will you?" reply options.

Some PC information: Female PC, romanced with Aran throughout SoA and ToB, done nothing more than kissing until ToB.

• Aran came to apologize one day after I made him angry (tell him to just be friends). If I choose "I will kill you now and be done with it", he will start a fight ("Barbarian Rage: Aran" made me laugh). The odd thing is that some of the "Aran" is displayed as PC's name in the log box. Like, "Anomen: Attacks <charname>""<charname>: Death", where there should be "Anomen: Attacks Aran" and "Aran: Death".
  • Make up with him and show romance interest again, then tell him to just be friends from PID the second time. He apologized immediately after this breakup talk. (EDIT: I guess it might because the timer is already expired since the last apology talk.)

• While I think my PC has had serious sex with Aran during that ToB night talk, Aran still thinks “our relationship” is "mayhap I can coax you into somthin' more than kissin'".  (EDIT: I didn't adjust the relationship level from PID. Had sex but Aran did not recognize it.)

• (Heard you are rebuilding ToB lovetalk, so don't know if this matters) In LT1, if I keep choosing the reply "So because I withhold being fully... physical...", the conversation loops.
  • (Ask this just in case) Aran sometimes has an epilogue, sometimes not. Is this still in progress?  

Speaking of ToB lovetalk, (I never touch any previews/spoilers before read them in game, so) don't know which kind of rebuild you're working on now, just want to say I quite like the current LTs, especially LT2 and 4. Hope that they can be kept in some form, if appropriate.

• Typos?  Are they typos? I'm not sure, my English is bad.

@12652 = ~[ARAN] If that be some kind o' crack about hangin' back in combat, m'<PRO_GIRLBOY>, I go where you be tellin' me an' do what you be tellin' me, so more's th' fault wi' you!.~  
    A . after the ! .  

@12191 = ~[ARAN] Aye, I do tend to talk too much. Which probably be why I done forgot what it were I had on my mind to begin with. Mayhap I should start scribblin' down my thoughts before I satrt talkin'. Or mayhap I'll just wander along an' see if I can remember on my own.~
    start?

@12178 = ~[ARAN] Aye. 'Back in th' days when REAL adventurin' happened, we had to lug weapons around what shattered in our hands. But did we complain? No, we forged twigs an' branches together an' whacked th' enemy 'til they ran. An' we were happy to do it, to!'~
    too?

Really enjoy playing with Aran because I can always discover new interesting things! Hope your work with new content going well.

Edited by amellg

Very cool - thank you! I will run this list down and get fixes up within a few days. Some quick surface responses:

9 hours ago, amellg said:

discover new interesting things!

Awesome - that makes my day, as one of the points of doing all the random number and PC specific stuff was to make an NPC that was familiar, but could throw a curve ball and make things interesting after several playthroughs!

The ToB 2 and 4 are mostly intact, just have to play about with them a little to get them into line with the new ones. They are progressing - I am setting myself a 30 minute "every night write a little" goal and it seems to be working (though sometimes as with any writing it ends up being stuff for a scrapheap :D )

Those are definitely typos - I'll hunt 'em down.

Awesome confirmation on the apology thing - working as intended - IF the PC can continue to do the "just friends" from within the dialog (and also can change her mind, etc.)

Awesome confirmation that you can roll through a game and keep things at the level you want; I was worried it was too easy to slip into content folks might not want.

On the 2EE/EET split, heh - I should have realized that - it is definitely stuff I need to screen on the EET side to fire in SoA|ToB. I need to check Spellhold, and I need to check to make sure everything in the SoA file on EET is screened from playing once ToB starts, so that the ToB variants of the same PID and talks fire appropriately.

Yes, there should have been a gift received - I'll check the code and make sure that the darned thing is not misnamed!!

Thank you very much, especially the EE | EET comparison. It very quickly identifies what to fix and how.