Bug Hunt Luridel 01.15.2019

cmorgan

Found a couple of small issues while playing EE (but not EET) through SoA (with what I'm pretty sure is the latest update):

@1613 = ~[PC] I think you should stop thinking about things you can't change and practice hitting things instead. Your combat skills are slipping[full stop]

The Underdark talk that starts with: @1113 = ~[ARAN] Do you think it be sunny up topside today, or cloudy?~

Gives the player two identical responses:
@1115 = ~[PC] It doesn't matter much, does it. I wonder if this place ever ends?

Both reply with: @1600 = ~[ARAN] Somehow I think th' end, if there is one, might be a bit worse than th' rest o' all this combined. I figure if you are diggin' your way down through ugliness, th' thing what lives at th' end must be somethin' special.~

Even if flirts are enabled in the Underdark, Aran doesn’t seem to instigate any flirts.

In the conversation in Chapter 6 starting with: @1275 = ~[ARAN] Hey, <CHARNAME>. Tell me a story, eh? Somethin' to take th' edge off all o' this blood an' death an' such.~ [c-aws097]

If you tell Aran you don’t have any stories, then choose:

@3473 = ~[PC] Tell me something absolutely true about you.~ and then

@3539 = ~[PC] You can do better than that. Tell me about your sister.~ He first tells you more about eggs, then the second time will speak about his sister. Seems like he's not meant to tell you about eggs in response to that, but it could be intentional.

In Suldanessellar, when asking Aran if he’s been here before, he returns:

@9513 = ~[ARAN] No, I can't say I have. I stuck mostly to th' coast, workin' short haul an' stayin' close to Calimport. I met a Fist or two who served short term down here, but none o' them talked about it much. I got the impression that life around here is dry, dusty, hot, miserable,an bloody short.~ Which may or may not be the correct response

In Hell, you can ask Aran both:

@13737 = ~[PC] Do you have any advice about our tasks?~

To which he responds: @9441 = ~[ARAN] Get us th' nine hells out o' here. Now.~

And:

@8600 = ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?

To which he responds: @9440 = ~[ARAN] Hmmm... hmm.. ha... sorry, did you say somethin'? I was busy singin' a little 'hey , ho, the bitch be dead, which old bitch, the blood-suckin' bitch...' do you be askin' for my advice? Find us a tavern, an' let's get drinkin'!~

Edited by PotiusMori
1 hour ago, cmorgan said:

On that last one, did you kill Bodhi? 

(Those two lines would probably be better matched switched though, anyways)

I think it's the same problem as the "PID shows two 'Well, do you have any advice for me' when in Hell" that I mentioned before. Actually not only in Hell but also in Suldanessellar.

After the update one of the options is changed to "Do you have any advice about our tasks?".

In my case, Bodhi is dead.

Edited by amellg

Cool, I am on it - still catching up with your first PM, PotiusMori, but I think I got everything there - moving on to the next and to amellg and your posts here :) I like getting stuff done!

(after dinner.)

Edit: Hah - logged to post this so you see what has been done:

PotiusMori Report - SoA LT5

PM Report - replies incorrectly linked, reversed for Chapter checks and possible loops. Rebuilt LT and as a bonus added more reactions  and pathing to bring in more mod-added male NPC romance potential partners (side reaction with PC being either coy or honest about other RA=2)

PM PotiusMori Story Mismatch in PiD

Story mismatch in PID swapping carbonara for calimport and vice versa

PotiusMori Typo Reports in .tra

Via PM - Large number of typos repaired in c-aranw.tra and one tra string made unmatched by extra space repaired.

Not sure if Inn flirts are working as intended in my install - the conversations that start with "@1288 = ~[PC] (The musicians have struck up a lively dance tune, and Aran is sitting at the bar.)"

Things that do seem to be working: fires on game time timer, only fire in inns and content differs depending on the inn((or maybe the talk itself? Not sure about that) with random responses to the options.

Not sure, though, if they're meant to be triggered by PID in the inns. They sometimes trigger spontaneously if the timer has run to 0 (e.g. game left on pause or AdvanceRealTime used), but PID in inns will return with that conversation rather than his standard PID menu - this seems to be blocked by the timer, though, so if talked to in the inn after this talk fires, his regular PID can be accessed. His regular flirts and talks still fire in inns. Several of the options result in a inn-rest (I can investigate which ones if needed) - which is kinda cool for free rests in inns, but maybe not intentional. 

Edited by PotiusMori

Some other things I've found on this playthrough:

Aran doesn’t seem to recognise Remove Magic as a memorised spell for scroll creation.

On Orrin’s FedEx quest, the clerk gave a receipt but didn’t take the package. Orrin wouldn’t accept the receipt unless the package is not in the inventory, but dropping the package (while keeping the receipt in the inventory) allows the quest to be completed.

Even without being told about Orrin’s special stock (by Aran) or doing his quest, I still had the option to ask Orrin whether a wealthy, well-connected person can access his special stock.

In the LT that starts with “@4095 = ~[ARAN] So, <CHARNAME>, what was it like growin' up in a place where books ruled all?~  [c-aws103]” This dialogue can loop:

@4210 = ~[PC] I was not completely shut off from the world. I could read some of the most detailed writings ever written about places too far away for even the most seasoned traveler to reach.~

To:

@4213 = ~[ARAN] Well, while I was bumpin' along tryin' to learn to read an' figure up accounts, you had th' world at your fingertips, so to speak.~

If either of these two options chosen:

@4214 = ~[PC] Reading does not replace experiencing things for yourself. But it did mean I had time to train. Did you ever stay in one place?~

@4215 = ~[PC] Reading is a safe replacement for experiencing things for yourself. It also gave me time to train. Did you ever stay in one place?~

Returns:

@4219 = ~[ARAN] No time to stay long anywhere. A Coster wagon, especially an independent one, goes where the market leads. An' when I struck out on my own, well, there has not been much in th' way o' things to keep me in one place long.~

Which allows 4210 to be chosen again.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:19 AM, PotiusMori said:

Even if flirts are enabled in the Underdark, Aran doesn’t seem to instigate any flirts.

Hmmm - still trying to track this one down.

If you use the PID menu to flirt, they successfully use the Underdark versions, right? The report is that he doesn't initiate flirts while in underdark?

Yeah, all the PID menu options are correct for the Underdark in terms of content. There's even the (correct for Underdark) options to switch flirting on and off and tell him to wait until chapter 6, but regardless of apparent PID settings, he doesn't initiate flirts.

I also noticed on my install, during a banter with Rasaad, this line (pretty sure it was this one, it was referring to Isra, who was 4th in my line up) was said by Rasaad, not Aran:

@13401 = ~[ARAN] I get as far as exhalin', start to concentrate... an' a picture o' <PLAYER4>'s form as she walks away from me just pops into my head.~

Not sure if it'll be repeatable or anything, though.

The Rasaad/AranW mixup is verified and now fixed in my temporary working files - I’ll post it up tonight with the next update. Apparently WeiDU can’t read my mind when switching between CHAIN and APPEND 😎

still trying to figure out what would suspend his flirt initiation script in Underdark. An early version had him skip them, as a Drow male probably would not initiate, but I thought everything was re-enabled; he uses the same flirt timer for all chapters. 

A puzzle to solve! Cool!

On 2/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, PotiusMori said:

Orrin’s FedEx quest, the clerk gave a receipt but didn’t take the package. Orrin wouldn’t accept the receipt unless the package is not in the inventory, but dropping the package (while keeping the receipt in the inventory) allows the quest to be completed.

Hmmm. Traced all these down, rechecked - not sure why TakePartyItem(“c-awpkg1”) would fail. I’ll take a second pass tonight to see if there is any possible way of getting the receipt without the package being taken, but tightened this up by making sure each instance of TPI() has an immediate DestroyItem() -

++ @11229 DO ~TakePartyItem(“c-awpkg1”) DestroyItem(“c-awpkg1”)~ + a2548

(a2548 does the GiveItemCreate())

The behavior is correct, except that it was set up with the assumption that you would never have both items at the same time. 

Good to know about the quest. I'll try it again, and if I see the same behaviour, I can send you a savefile and weidu log if that helps.

I do think it's super cool seeing all the randomised options and his interactions with the different strongholds. Played through the D'Arnise Keep stronghold for the first time in ages and his conversations during that are just so appropriate! Great job.

A few other things I found while playing through this time (not sure if some are intentional):

Kicking Aran out and asking him to wait here (rather than sending him to a designated place) while "c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2 And "c-aranbg2rom","GLOBAL", 14

When talking to him again to rejoin the party, he returns all the following lines. Just not sure if they’re all meant to fire at once:

@10428 = ~[ARAN] I was wonderin' when you would show up. I have been checkin' out the area, but I were startin' to worry.~ [c-aws085]

@10596 = ~[ARAN] Ilmater's Bloody Wrists, but there were naught to do around here. I thought I might find th' rest comfortable, but to tell Ilmater's Truth, it be just bloody borin'.~

@10602 = ~[ARAN] That were a friendly gesture, nothin' more, <CHARNAME>, I swear it.~

@10566 = ~[ARAN] I was in th' middle o' th' most suprisin' dreams when you walked up. Or mayhap you walkin' up inspired some right warm dreams.~

@10538 = ~[ARAN] I blighted well be lookin' forward to joinin' up wi' you again.~

Aran’s drunk talk fires twice in SoA. Should it fire 3 times? I allowed for plenty of real time and game time i.e. first two were in chapter 2, tried again just before chapter four (approx 14 game days and lots of real time hours while paused, etc) and again in chapter 6 but no dice.

Not sure what the delay is on the sparring talk that starts with the below line, but it didn't trigger for me until chapter 6 while romancing Aran. This could definitely be intentional (especially with the reference to space), and it's a nice change from the "beyond Chapter 4, NPCs forget you exist" from the non-community NPCs, but just thought I'd let you know. For context, there was a relatively long real and game time delay between his final friend talk in chapter 2/3 and moving on to chapter 4 (curse you, D'Arnise Keep quests).
@13463 = ~[ARAN] A breathin' space at last. Time to do somethin' about sharpenin' my skills, I be thinkin'.~

In terms of the Aran-initiated underdark flirts, they continue as normal in the Sahaugin city, but stop as soon as Chapter 5 starts and resume as normal as soon as Chapter 6 starts - in that immediately on reaching the surface and the chapter change he initiates flirts. He's even quicker than the elven guards in speaking to the PC! Don't know if that adds any useful information.

@8906 = ~[ARAN] Yep, it does have some opportunities for adventure. O' course, it also has bugs. Nasty, bloodsuckin' little vampiric bugs what drive a man crazy. An' gnats. An' snakes.Mayhap even worse. Hey, what did you be sayin' about likin' forests? On account o' I think I done changed my mind. Hate 'em.~

I believe I've found the locations of the issue with Orrin's quest. The following lines of the two clerks result in a receipt without the Small Package being taken out of inventory.

@11241 = ~[CIVIL02] Ah, yes. A Writ of Quarterly Taxable Income, Commercial, Standard Form. My signature... here. I have received this on behalf of the City and its Citizens. Here is a receipt for The Broken Sword's accounts and its owner of record, one Orrin Thedale, resident of aforementioned premises. Next in line, step up...~

@11242 = ~[CIVIL02] Right. My signature... here. I have received this on behalf of the City and its Citizens. Here is a receipt for The Broken Sword's accounts and its owner of record, one Orrin Thedale, resident of aforementioned premises. Next in line, step up...~

@11221 = ~[CIVIL01] Right. My signature... here. I have received this on behalf of the City and its Citizens. Here is a receipt for The Broken Sword's accounts and its owner of record, one Orrin Thedale, resident of aforementioned premises. Next in line, step up...~

Edited by PotiusMori