Amber v5.1 Released

CamDawg

Amber is a tiefling rogue of a chaotic good alignment, possessed of a few special abilities. Despite being fairly intelligent, she can at times be rather blunt when communicating with other people. This trait rarely earns her friends among the people she meets, and the feeling of initial dislike is usually mutual. But underneath her prickly manners, she has a good heart and is prepared to go to great lengths to help those who she sees to be weak and in need of aid.

Version 5.1 fixes text formatting for non-English mod versions.

v5.1 changelog

• Fixed text formatting for EE (non-English versions).
  • Added libiconv-1.9.2-1-src.7z for licence info on ivonv.exe.

Version 5 adds native EET compatibility and a ton of bugfixes.

v5 changelog

• Native EET compatibility
  • Updated old code libraries; other optimizations and modernizations
  • Amber's item restrictions have been expanded to be more comprehensive; on EE they now utilize EE-only functions to show up as other unusable items (e.g. red borders)
  • Fixed bug with class/kit checks in Amber's banters
  • Fixed broken tokens in Amber's interjections
  • Fixed bug with Rashryn's spawn in the Promenade
  • When curing Amber's vampirism, she could sometimes spawn hostile
  • Fixed a handful of bugs where dialogues with Player1 would check Player2 for triggers, or vice-versa
  • Fixed a handful of bugs with items having wrong/illegal charges on their items
  • Numerous small item fixes
    • In EE games, item descriptions now more closely follow the EE style guide
    • Abyssal Pipe's Cloudkill now gets blocked by poison immunity, as appropriate
    • Feline Fur Cloak and Ymmrt's Robe now display appropriate portrait icons
    • Bottled Elements no longer misses a description
    • Beauty Kit now properly displays visuals and plays audio when used
    • Blade of Roses +4 had wrong speed factor, wrong damage in description, and had incomplete fear immunity
    • Thorard's Saucer now enforces its required strength
    • Speed factor was incorrect for Club +2
    • Gillian's Bracelet also had incomplete fear immunity
    • Speed factor and entangle effect was incorrect for Mielikki's Gift (regular and upgraded)
    • Box of Pixie Dust had incorrect duration for its invisibility effect
  • Art for the new areas now uses the native tileset format for EEs, reducing potential seams in the tiles
  • Numerous typo fixes
16 hours ago, CamDawg said:
  • Art for the new areas now uses the native tileset format for EEs, reducing potential seams in the tiles

One point about this--I forget to mention in the readme that this is thanks to @argent77 and his tile2ee tool. argent77 does a lot of work on the tools that all of us use and, like @Wisp and @Avenger and other tool makers, does not get nearly enough credit for making the lives of other modders a lot easier.

One two no, one question, I just put it here:

From the tp2:

COPY_EXISTING ~songlist.2da~ ~override~
  SET_2DA_ENTRY 0 2 3 ~m#blank.mus~
ADD_MUSIC  ~amber~    ~music/mxm#am.mus~

What is the "m#blank.mus" there for, and where and how is it used? Which mods would need such a "blank music" entry? (Fading Promises has one, and I don't know what for.) Hold on, the mod uses a music so I think I know what the blanc mus is for.

Also, does the above replace the old:

COPY_EXISTING ~songlist.2da~ ~override~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH
~0       No_music        ****~
~0       BLANK           blank.mus~

? (I guess the answer is "yes")

@CamDawg One more question:

ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN iplot01k.itm iplot04g.itm iplot04h.itm iplot04i.itm xr2400.are xr2600.are BEGIN
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY "%file%"
  END

From the weidu readme:

DISABLE_FROM_KEY file ... Removes one or more files from the chitin.key, while leaving the containing bif file itself untouched.

Do not use without a real reason.

May I ask what these items are and what the reason for using DISABLE_FROM_KEY was?

BG2 shipped with files listed in the key that don't actually exist. Any time you would try a COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP over items or areas, WeiDU would quit with a 'file not found' error. It's fixed by both the Fixpack and the EEs, but since Amber has a C_E_R for her item restrictions, I threw it in as a precaution. Tweaks also has this code, for example.