"Spell deflection blocks AoE spells" doesn't work + updated readme

Yeah, it's in the same order as every other spell, where the dispelling effect is the first effect. That's why it's confusing to me - it's literally applied in the same exact way through the same function, and it looks exactly the same as every other spell, but it's not working the same. Clearly, something must be different, but I cannot tell what.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Wow that was quick ! Nice job.

If i want to install the last version of SRR, i have to uninstall the mods i have installed after it, right ? And especially the EET finalize component i guess ? It's a long time i haven't been messing around with infinity engine's games.

Edited by Palanthis

You could theoretically try just copying the latest version of SRR over your current spell_rev directory, then opening up the setup-spell_rev.exe and reinstall the main component then type Q to quit when that finishes so that it then tries to reinstall everything that was installed after that in exact same order, but I've had trouble getting that to consistently work with weidu.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Bartimaeus said:

As for the readme...it would probably be pointless for me to try to update it, because this isn't my mod and presumably it'll get an official readme update eventually, but I do sympathize that things feel like they're in a state of flux for somebody not already intimately familiar with its current state. As subtledoctor has said before, the mod is basically stable at this point, but a whole lot of stuff is no longer accurate in the readme or even mentioned at all at this point (e.g. some of kreso's changes). At the very least, SRR's spell descriptions should always be accurate, I guess, since I've trawled through and tested virtually every spell myself? But yeah, not ideal.

Just dropping in to advertise my auto-documentation generator, which might be of some use for updating SRv4's documentation.

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Just dropping in to advertise my auto-documentation generator, which might be of some use for updating SRv4's documentation.

Dang, I wish I'd seen that before I ended up doing it anyways, since I think I like your result better. Oh well. Fortunately, I'm semi-competent with Notepad++ and was able to convert my language files for all the spells to a G3 HTML style (the one that SR had already been using for V3) without exceptional trouble via EOL replacements and markings, so it wasn't *too* terrible a waste of time. Have to add a few tabs for miscellaneous stuff like HLAs and familiars with yours, but besides that, pretty rad. Thanks!

Edited by Bartimaeus