Error installing "Disable hostile reaction after charm"

Hello! I am having trouble installing a component of the EET Tweaks,  I've attached part of the report that applies to this mod, please let me know if you need more than that. 

I've given this four years-old discussion a cursory read and it seems to propose a fix but a) it's a few years old and b) I'm very new to all this so don't want to dive in too deep and make any game-crashing mistakes. 

Thank you for your help!

charm bug report.txt

According to the report there's a "read out of bounds" error with SPWI202.SPL, "llegal 2-byte read from offset 2402 of 2402-byte file SPWI202.SPL", which is what stopped the installation.

I don't know what exactly is wrong with this file, but SPWI202 is supposed to be Detect Alignment and has nothing to do with charm effects, so a quick fix you could try is to locate the file SPWI202.SPL in your override folder, move it somewhere else, install the mod, then move it back in after installation, and hopefully there won't be any other issue with any other file.

If your SPWI202 really is Detect Alignment, then that should be it. But if you have some other mod that for some reason changes SPWI202 to a charm spell, then you might need to change it yourself manually later, but I guess we don't have to worry about this yet.

Edited by ABlake