7 minutes ago, lynx said:

you need to change the path to point to the actual file ... but since you know it's RoT, there's no point.

We were trying to figure out if it's intentionally empty or not. You're saying it's empty from the get go. So just delete the file and 10pp won't barf on it.

OK, this is new (I did see something like it once but it wasn't recorded in the debug either)

Fixing scripts...
Copying and patching 7805 files ...
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
utf8 "\xEA" does not map to Unicode at G:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldurs Gate 2\10pp/extender.pl line 26, <$baf_handle> chunk 1.

Something Went Wrong
────────────────────
 x fork/exec C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\state-exec551157727.bat: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete. (wrapped)

Need More Help?
───────────────
 • Run → `state exec --help` for general help
 • Ask For Help → https://community.activestate.com/c/state-tool/
FAILURE:
Oops, better check that script!

6 minutes ago, lynx said:

Oh and don't worry about biffing.

Has the GemRB been updated to use current technology ? Aka, it doesn't need the very old file structures to load faster. As that's still an issue today with BG2 without the EE's but it runs fine if it's an EE game.

There's no powershell involved here, but maybe you're mistaking perl for it.

Looking at the code, I invoke perl for each file separately, so any leaks would be cleaned up immediately afterwards. I then suspect the leak to be in weidu.

That's odd indeed. It's certainly not a deliberate design choice. I suspect something is insufficient in its forking implementation or something went wrong when adding the capture of return status support to AT_NOW. Or it's just AV sabotage ...

I've pushed an updated mod, so now amilowhatever shouldn't be a problem any more.