12 minutes ago, lynx said:

oh wait, we forgot to do the magic! Keep the list though.

Before recompiling the scripts, run this on each baf file (here named the-input.baf):

10pp/wrapper.pl the-input.baf 10 the-output.baf
mv the-output.baf the-input.baf

So this is the pearl bit I take it. Am I running this in cmd or the linux tab?

I guess it should work in either, but I now see that you'll have to fix the path either to the files or wrapper.pl, since you're running it from a subdirectory, not the game one like I indicated above.

btw, in bash looping is done this way:

for file in path/to/your/folder/with/baf/files/*.baf; do
  10pp/wrapper.pl "$file" 10 the-output.baf
  mv the-output.baf "$file"
done

Just change that path as indicated when looking from the top game dir.

Edited by lynx

So I'm putting this into bash

for file in 10pp/temp/*.baf; do
  10pp/wrapper.pl "$file" 10 the-output.baf
  mv the-output.baf "$file"
done

and the files are coming out blank after this error message is generated for each

Use of uninitialized value $trigger_half in pattern match (m//) at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 69.
Use of uninitialized value $response_half in pattern match (m//) at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 70.
Use of uninitialized value $trigger_half in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 72.
Use of uninitialized value $response_half in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 72.
||||

FATAL PARSING ERROR: player mention mismatch! Dumped problematic block above.
Are you sure this is a script file?
Edited by reallyhairydave
formatting

Oh, for windows I guess prepend perl.exe, so perl.exe 10pp/...

The bash error doesn't mention enough to be useful. Run it on a single file that you know is ok to check if everything is alright. Maybe perl isn't installed and something else ran.

Similar results for a single entry "10pp/wrapper.pl 10pp/temp/01POOL2.baf 10 the-output.baf"

Use of uninitialized value $trigger_half in pattern match (m//) at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 69.
Use of uninitialized value $response_half in pattern match (m//) at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 70.
Use of uninitialized value $trigger_half in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 72.
Use of uninitialized value $response_half in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/g/games/gog galaxy/games/baldurs gate 2/10pp/extender.pl line 72.
||||

FATAL PARSING ERROR: player mention mismatch! Dumped problematic block above.
Are you sure this is a script file?

01pool2.baf remains the same.

"mv the-output.baf 10pp/temp/01POOL2.baf"

01pool2.baf is completely empty

This is where the player reference is in this specific file

THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ClearAllActions()
    SaveGame(0)
    SmallWait(5)
    StartCutSceneMode()
    MoveViewObject(LastTrigger,INSTANT)
    SetGlobal("Spelunking","GLOBAL",0)
    DisplayStringNoName(Myself,72212)  // ~You dive through the tunnel and swim as fast as you can to the other end.~
    Wait(2)
    FadeToColor([30.0],0)
    Wait(2)
    ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUAPanicEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUAEntry("AR6004","Entry3",[0.0],N))
    ActionOverride(Player1,Wait(2))
    ActionOverride(Player1,MultiPlayerSync())
    ActionOverride(Player1,FadeFromColor([30.0],0))
    ActionOverride(Player1,EndCutSceneMode())
END
7 hours ago, reallyhairydave said:

I've been running Pearl from a cmd window after running state tool. I couldn't find a download for it

It's Perl, not pearl, make sure you have it installed. There's a link in the readme.

perl -v

... prints the version or it will complain that the command is missing. Might be already included in WSL.

Looks like I do have perl "This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 1 (v5.28.1) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread"

Don't know if this helps but it's the first thing that isn't what I've already posted (from the cmd window) "perl 10pp/wrapper.pl 10pp/temp/01pool1.baf the-output.baf"

Argument "the-output.baf" isn't numeric in numeric le (<=) at G:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldurs Gate 2\10pp/extender.pl line 235.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Just spotted something while trying to mess around with the syntax, I have a file called "the-output.baf" in the folder I'm running it from, I checked and it has the extended code for the specific file I was testing so it looks like it works with cmd but not the linux tab. Decided to try the weidu setup again but still hitting an error, I saw it was creating extended scripts in the temp folders though while it was running