SCS RC9 homework

4 hours ago, david76321 said:

(Don't know if it counts)

Last time i checked the level 9 spell 'gate' didn't summon a fiend. I.e a sorcerer casting the spell made the animation of a fiend being 'gate'd', with the arch and no fiend appearing.

Thanks.

PS Just want to say how awesome the slider integration is.

Thanks

What other mods, if any, do you have installed?

On item 7):

I am running lefreut UI with Bg 1 skin. The difficulty widget is there, but overlaps with and hides the normal difficulty slides. However, that was easy to fix with the edit UI mode (F11).

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, Guest Erik said:

On item 7):

I am running lefreut UI with Bg 1 skin. The difficulty widget is there, but overlaps with and hides the normal difficulty slides. However, that was easy to fix with the edit UI mode (F11).

There are inevitably going to be problems with bespoke UIs - the code is compatibility-friendly and won't break easily, but it can't anticipate the layout. Can you send me a link to that one? I'm not going to systematically allow for all UI mods, but I might have a look at a couple to see if there are easy things I can do.

25 minutes ago, DavidW said:

There are inevitably going to be problems with bespoke UIs - the code is compatibility-friendly and won't break easily, but it can't anticipate the layout. Can you send me a link to that one? I'm not going to systematically allow for all UI mods, but I might have a look at a couple to see if there are easy things I can do. 

Forum thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66226/mod-lefreuts-enhanced-ui-bg1ee-skin-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-and-eet/p1

Download link: https://github.com/r-e-d/LeUI-BG1EE/archive/master.zip

I will add my Weidu log once I am home, but I know that I installed the UI mod before SCS.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:11 AM, chimaera said:

Same for me, when my cleric casts gate, nothing appears. The only other mod I have (installed before SCS) is the Trials of the Luremaster for BG2EE.

Found it out that The Pitt Fiends are summoned invisible.

((The gate spell summons either a Balor (if caster alignment:chaotic) or Pitt Fiend (if caster alignment:lawful), Random (if caster alignment:neutral).

The Pitt Fiends are  invisible))

I did notice from Fiends: summoned from Gate, Summon Fiend, Summon Cacofiend by Player act like this :

If no hostiles present:They all stand still and do nothing. They will not attack caster if caster is without a Protection from evil. May be the intended..

If hostiles are presents: Protection from evil stops Lawful alignment summoned fiends (Bone fiend, Cornigon, Pitt) from attacking caster, but not  Chaotic  (Nabassu, Glaberu, Balor) Pretty sure that is intended.

This is all with Improved Fiends installed.

Thanks for an excellent MOD! Fiends look good, can test more.

Edited by david76321
1 hour ago, david76321 said:

Found it out that The Pitt Fiends are summoned invisible.

You are right, my LG cleric does indeed summon an invisible pit fiend. :) I haven't noticed them, because they don't do anything if no enemies are present, even if the caster is not protected by PfE. It's kind of hilarious, because they are the opposite of planetars now, who go crazy and spam chaos and holy word on my party.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, DavidW said:

2) Does the spellhold item-stealing component handle item stacks correctly?

Yes. Tested: Potions, arrows, bullets in total 6 stacks found, as taken, on Irenicus' desk.

3) Does the new Restoration component succeed in removing, e.g., vampire blood drain and mind flayer intelligence drain?

Yes. Priest Lesser Restoration, Priest Greater Restoration and Restoration scrolls all work to restore vampire blood drain.

4) Are vampires properly responsive to the difficulty slider?

Yes. So good. Even changing when the slider mid battle works.

One bug is regarding i think the "Vampires show more care in choosing their targets, actively seeking vulnerable targets;" on Improved difficulty and up.

Works: Make character. Difficulty slider 'in game': Basic.                        MoveToArea("AR1202"), Control+J the room at far right with vampires, elder vampires and ghasts (x=3000, y=1800). Let them attack. When paralysed by ghast: vampires continue to attack.

Not:      Make character. Difficulty slider 'in game': Improved or above. MoveToArea("AR1202"), Control+J the room at far right with vampires, elder vampires and ghasts (x=3000, y=1800). Let them attack. When paralysed by ghast: vampires will stop attacking after '~a round'.

Thank you.

Edited by david76321
3 hours ago, bob_veng said:

it seems smart to attack, and neutralize, threatening targets first, instead of those that are harmless (while paralyzed), even if they are momentarily vulnerable. 

Yeah but not if it's the only target. To-hit rolls always succeed against disabled characters (right?) so if you only have one enemy, and that enemy is disabled, you should whale on them as much as possible. 

Unless there is a "make the AI more sportsmanlike" component 🤣

If you have only one enemy, absolutely you should attack them (vulnerable or not!) 

If you have multiple enemies, it's a judgement call whether you should kill the vulnerable ones or go for the active ones (it depends mostly on whether you expect your enemy has the ability to remove the vulnerability condition). SCS usually errs on the side of attacking active targets.

7) On EE, does the integration of the difficulty widget into the UI work okay?

I know someone has mentioned an incompatibility with Lefreut's enhanced UI (BG1 variant) already, but I just wanted to point out that I don't see the difficulty widget in the UI at all, using Lefreut's "main" version of the UI. Link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61571/mod-lefreuts-enhanced-ui-for-bg1ee-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-and-eet/p1

The difficulty slider works though. An oversight in the text is that it mentions the widget in special abilities still.