Jaheira quest/romance bug

Guest Ankheg

I have noticed two potentially problematic things.

1. I did the “love talks” with both Jaheira and Viconia as far as possible but when the inevitable confrontation dialog came, I did choose Viconia. I didn’t check the variables, but it was Viconia who responded in the Underdark after Phaere’s scene. Even so, after I’ve left the Underdark bandits attacked Jaheira which I’ve always thought was part of Jaheira’s romance.

2. I finished the Harper Hold quest after the Underdark. Everything went smooth, but Terminsel won’t visit me for a second time. I checked the variables in ShadowKeeper.

TERMINSELSPAWN=3

But there is no TERMINSELAPPEAR at all.

On an unrelated subject, it seems a bit inconsistent to me that every time I select the I select the Staff of Magi (or just load the game) I get the “Protected from Evil” message but there is no message for invisibility.

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.07
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v13
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v8

From my BG2 walkthrough:

Jaheira romance patch: copy/paste the 3 files into the override folder
  Install JaheiraRomanceAndHarpersPlotPatchV21 (from http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Jaheira.php)

Upon waking-up Jaheira says "We are ready to move on?…" talk 1
[Note for BG2 Enhanced Edition : must Rest again (e.g. Inn or
Graveyard) for Jaheira to ask "We are ready to move on?..."]
Use "pause" for approximately 60-70 minutes to get LD40 with
Terminsel appearing for the 2nd time…hopefully (see next note
about bug)

IMPORTANT: by using these patch files you still may encounter a bug: Terminsel not appearing for second time spawn bug. If you do not use these files, or forget to copy them into the override folder, you will more than likely have to use the "Alternate bug solution"

Bug solution:
Save the game and quit. Move the file Jaheira.bcs from the Override folder, then reload the save game; perhaps reload once more and change maps a few times, and Terminsel will appear!

Alternate bug solution: 
If all else fails, same the game, quit, then use Shadowkeeper or the Console command to get Terminsel to appear immediately: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TerminselAppear","GLOBAL",1)
This variable was at 2229506 for my play through, but changing it to 1 worked like a charm!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/71232387/Baldur-s-Gate-2-Walkthrough-for-SoA-ToB-Cleric-Ranger

http://www.scribd.com/doc/211406264/Baldur-s-Gate-2-Enhanced-Edition-Walkthrough-for-SoA-ToB-Cleric-Ranger

Have fun!

The year is 2375.

Mankind has spread unto the stars.

Science has cured plagues such as cancer and the human lifespan is approaching 300 years.

Fixpack v1842 has another fix for the Jaheira Romance.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, Guest Ankheg said:

1. I did the “love talks” with both Jaheira and Viconia as far as possible but when the inevitable confrontation dialog came, I did choose Viconia. I didn’t check the variables, but it was Viconia who responded in the Underdark after Phaere’s scene. Even so, after I’ve left the Underdark bandits attacked Jaheira which I’ve always thought was part of Jaheira’s romance.

Nicely caught! Jaheira sets the trigger for this at the end of a love talk, but the actual bandit spawn does not, in turn, check to see if the romance is still active.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, Guest Ankheg said:

2. I finished the Harper Hold quest after the Underdark. Everything went smooth, but Terminsel won’t visit me for a second time. I checked the variables in ShadowKeeper.

TERMINSELSPAWN=3

But there is no TERMINSELAPPEAR at all.

Similar issue as above. Elminster will make his second appearance when TERMINSELSPAWN=4, and you advance from 3 > 4 via a love talk. If the romance is not active, it advances to 4 based on the Dermin events--it'll take me a bit to sort this out.