Reporting some Bugs

Guest Erik

Hi, just trying out the mod (latest version Beta 2, just installed start of the week) and I have some bug reports to make. I have several other mods as well (NPC Project, Unfinished Business, MiniQuests, SCS 32 RC9, aTweaks), so hard to say what causes them.

1. I did not find the Black Pearl in the cave. Should it have been part of the main treasure? If so, it was not there. I EEkeepered it in.
  2. In the mines, when jogging the memories: several of the miners followed me and re-initiated dialogue over and over after I first questioned them. It's the standard miner line about much work. This was quite annoying, as it was hard to get away from them.
  3. Getting the Scrying device from Taerom did not work. I gave him the ore, the timer started and while it ran I had the option to ask him and he told me it was not yet ready. Two days later when the device should have been finished, Taerom no longer had a dialogue option for the device so I could not get it.

So far I have EEkeepered my way around those issues, but thought it might help to report them. Let me know if you want me to want upload any files that could help you find the causes.

Oh, and while the first two are annoying you can work around them. For the third, you'll have to console:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("cddevice")
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("CDBracerQuest","GLOBAL",12)

His timer works fine, but the relevant dialogue is weighted incorrectly to the point where it cannot fire.

Yes, I did the same, only I set the variables and gave myself the item via EEKeeper instead. Since then, some more bugs:

Finding the halflings worked fine.

When I came back to Thalantyr Melicamp was not present. Interestingly enough the Incantation still completes, but you can't select any options and automatically get the worst result ("did not even try"). After the failed incantation Thalantyr is stuck in a dialogue loop and always has the end of incantation dialogue and gives you 1000 XP each time you talk to him & you can't access his normal dialogue or store anymore. I worked around this by spawning Melicamp via Console (though he was a chicken again, quite funny). The Incantation then worked correctly and Thalantyr went to the next step of the quest correctly.

Then I was able to bring the powder & bracers to Taerom. Regardless of whether I selected the destroy or create item option, he played the anvil & hammer animation, but when Taerom initiated dialogue after the animation, he had only his normal dialogue options (the standard 1. shop, 2. not shop & bye) & powder and bracer remained in my inventory. I did not find a console/EEkeper workaround for that step so far.

Guest Bryan

Hello!

Enjoying the mod so far, though I have run into the same bugs that above 'Guest Erik' user did. I'm stuck at the last spot he mentioned, as well. The smith uses his anvil animation and then just resets to asking me if I want to buy/sell or goodbye. Is there a fix/workaround for this yet? 

Guest Bryan

Hello, 

I have the same issues as above user 'Guest Erik', its the exact same and I can't figure out a way to move the quest forward. Is there a known fix for this issue, yet? Thanks for any help!

Guest Bryan

So a few more details that might be helpful:

The CDBracerQuest global variable when going into the smith is '23', and is set at 25 afterward, when he doesn't give anything. As a side note the bracers and the powder are still in the inventory.

Setting the CDBracerQuest global variable to 24 causes the smith to do his animation again, but nothing else happens, he just talks to you and offers to let you shop or leave. 

Setting the above variable to 26 or higher has no effect. I looked through the other items in EEkeeper with the 'cd' beginning (like the bracers and scrying device) and didn't see anything else that should be there. 

Lastly, not sure if this matters, but I solved the above problem from 'Guest Erik' in the same manner he did - Melicamp was not there and the halflings would be 'cured' but the quest then failed. Console creating Melicamp moved the quest forward, although upon spawn Melicamp thought he'd just been brought back (as a chicken). I saw other creature spawns in EEkeeper, but already had saved to the point after the quest. There was a 'CDMelica' which I thought would be the Melicamp from this quest - spawning him in caused him to start the dialogue from the mines where we were searching for ore and the miners forgot stuff. There was also a 3rd Melicamp creature code, but this was also a chicken.

Hope this helps, and hopefully, there is a solution!

From the three bugs above: 

1.) You can get the pearl in the temple of Beregost

2.) This is not fixed in the actual version together with other issues in that scene (no response from the two miners)

3.) Looks like this bug is also not fixed

On 3/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, Guest Erik said:

When I came back to Thalantyr Melicamp was not present. Interestingly enough the Incantation still completes, but you can't select any options and automatically get the worst result ("did not even try"). After the failed incantation Thalantyr is stuck in a dialogue loop and always has the end of incantation dialogue and gives you 1000 XP each time you talk to him & you can't access his normal dialogue or store anymore. I worked around this by spawning Melicamp via Console (though he was a chicken again, quite funny). The Incantation then worked correctly and Thalantyr went to the next step of the quest correctly.

Then I was able to bring the powder & bracers to Taerom. Regardless of whether I selected the destroy or create item option, he played the anvil & hammer animation, but when Taerom initiated dialogue after the animation, he had only his normal dialogue options (the standard 1. shop, 2. not shop & bye) & powder and bracer remained in my inventory. I did not find a console/EEkeper workaround for that step so far.

Both of these are fixed in Beta 3.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:59 AM, jastey said:

This is also fixed for Beta 3; this is what prevented Taerom from handing out a new item 80% of the time.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, jastey said:

Hello, it was reported that for the peaceful solution to the werewolf island, the PC doesn't get the see charts back from Kaishas (?) and therefore the island cannot be left with the boat. (BGT game)

Fixed in Beta 3. This is a BGT-specific issue, as the version of Kaishas that meets you at the ship lacked her normal script.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, Guest Bryan said:

So a few more details that might be helpful:

The CDBracerQuest global variable when going into the smith is '23', and is set at 25 afterward, when he doesn't give anything. As a side note the bracers and the powder are still in the inventory.

Setting the CDBracerQuest global variable to 24 causes the smith to do his animation again, but nothing else happens, he just talks to you and offers to let you shop or leave. 

Setting the above variable to 26 or higher has no effect. I looked through the other items in EEkeeper with the 'cd' beginning (like the bracers and scrying device) and didn't see anything else that should be there. 

Lastly, not sure if this matters, but I solved the above problem from 'Guest Erik' in the same manner he did - Melicamp was not there and the halflings would be 'cured' but the quest then failed. Console creating Melicamp moved the quest forward, although upon spawn Melicamp thought he'd just been brought back (as a chicken). I saw other creature spawns in EEkeeper, but already had saved to the point after the quest. There was a 'CDMelica' which I thought would be the Melicamp from this quest - spawning him in caused him to start the dialogue from the mines where we were searching for ore and the miners forgot stuff. There was also a 3rd Melicamp creature code, but this was also a chicken.

Hope this helps, and hopefully, there is a solution!

This is all fixed for Beta 3.