Version 19 released!

Crossmod Banter Mod updates to version 18!

Version 18 integrates banters that were inside mod NPC packages (Skie - Cost of One Girl's Soul, Sir Ajantis for BGII, jastey's Solaufein).

Moved banters are the following:

• Added 7 SoA banters between Gavin and jastey's Solaufein
  • Added 3 SoA banters between Lava's Skie (Cost of One Girl's Soul) and jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 3 SoA banters between Gavin and jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 3 SoA banters between jastey's Solaufein and jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 2 ToB banters between Gavin and Jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 2 ToB banters between jastey's Solaufein and Jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 1 ToB banter between Lava's Skie (Cost of One Girl's Soul) and Jastey's Ajantis
  • Added 1 ToB banter between Gavin and Jastey's Solaufein
  • Added interjections for jastey's Ajantis into the dagger quest of Skie - Cost of One Girl's Soul
  • Added interjections and reactions  for jastey's Ajantis into the Alternatives mod

Available for Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Download the mod

Readme

Project page

Forum.

seems there is something wrong with the ajantis alternative cross mod: Adding jastey's Ajantis's interjections into Alternatives Mod
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[crossmodbg2/tra/english/jasteyajantis_alternatives.tra] has 48 translation strings
[CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/alternatives/jasteyajantis/jasteyajantis_alternatives_interjections.d] loaded, 11673 bytes
ERROR: No translation provided for @10003
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("C#Ajantis_CM_AltMal","GLOBAL",6)
SetGlobal("C#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) SetGlobal("C#AjantisPCBrokeRomance","GLOBAL",1)
EraseJournalEntry(@10003)
EraseJournalEntry(@10004)
EraseJournalEntry(@10005)
EraseJournalEntry(@10006)
EraseJournalEntry(@10007)
EraseJournalEntry(@10008)
EraseJournalEntry(@10009)
EraseJournalEntry(@10010)
SetLeavePartyDialogFile() LeaveParty() Enemy() Attack(Player1)~: Not_found
ERROR: No translation provided for @10041
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/alternatives/jasteyajantis/jasteyajantis_alternatives_interjections.d]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/alternatives/jasteyajantis/jasteyajantis_alternatives_interjections.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

Oh - seems I forgot to include Alternatives into my test install. That was smart (not).

Thank you, new version 19 is up and should work!

Please note: v18 had version tag "19" inside the tp2. To make sure you have the actual v19, check the version number in the readme, as well.

16 hours ago, jastey said:

Please note: v18 had version tag "19" inside the tp2. To make sure you have the actual v19, check the version number in the readme, as well.

Well, such mistake can cause troubles because '19' was added to weidu.log so in case of debbuging, there will be no way to distinguish between '19 aka 18' or true '19' from weidu.log itself. Could you simply increase version to  '20' and make a new release?

I'm having a stutter problem with Gavin (BG2) that I traced down to Gavin's reactions to Lava's Tales of the Deep Gardens mod, specifically his reaction to the beggar's scalp.  It seems this block keeps triggering over and over, interrupting Gavin's actions:

IF
  IsValidForPartyDialogue(Myself)
  PartyHasItem("DGxQ4")  // ~Beggar's scalp~
  !AreaCheck("AR0400")
  !Global("B!GavDGScalp","LOCALS",2)
  !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("B!GavDGScalp","LOCALS",9)
END

I was able to fix it by changing the block to this:

IF
  IsValidForPartyDialogue(Myself)
  PartyHasItem("DGxQ4")  // ~Beggar's scalp~
  !AreaCheck("AR0400")
  !Global("B!GavDGScalp","LOCALS",2)
  !Global("B!GavDGScalp","LOCALS",9)
  !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("B!GavDGScalp","LOCALS",9)
END

Hello! I have a question - why are the blocks about cross-mod content "Adrian - Smiling Imp's Xzar and Montaron" disabled (commented out) in the TP2 file? What do you need to do to unlock it? After all, the texts are written and they are good, why are they not used?

Edited by Austin
4 hours ago, jastey said:

@Austin

Sorry, but these messages are incorrect. The standalone "Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod" does not contain the text of the dialogues between Xzar and Montaron and Adrian that were in the this "Crossmod Banter Pack". The rest of the dialogues were moved there, but these were not. You can verify this if you download its separate mod: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8180.0. Thus, these dialogs were disabled here, but not included there. And now they are completely inaccessible in any of the mods!

Please return them, while I wrote Smiling Imp in parallel and clarified whether he wants to combine these mods or keep them separate. But he hasn't appeared online for half a year and there won't be an answer soon.

Before receiving an answer from him, I consider it important to return them back, since they were previously included here with his consent, and they were turned off without demand.

Edited by Austin
On 12/27/2020 at 7:47 PM, jastey said:

@Austin thanks for the info, in that case they should be uncommented in CBP.

Hello! Since the Smiling Imp gave me permission to modify his mod, I decided to move the dialogue mentioned above (between Adrian and Xzar) from here to his separate "Smiling Imp's Cross Banter Mod". Since all other cross-banters are included there, it is logical to transfer this banter to it too. Thus, you can remove it from the "Crossmod Banter Pack" and I will add it to the next version of "Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod".

UPD: Done! :) 

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8180.msg78880#msg78880

Edited by Austin