Sign in to follow this  
Arthas

List of spells to be used for SCS

Posted (edited)

solo sorcerer playthrough. Is there anywhere a good list on which spells you are supposed to choose?

Edited by Arthas

A single spell you need is "Get a NPC". Use it 5 times.

I don't know what spells SCS adds (IWD stuff?), and I always play with SRR, so I guess these would be some of my top choices for a solo sorcerer from that (spells marked with E for "essential"):

1. Burning Hands, Dimension Jump, Larloch's Minor Drain, Magic Missile (E), and Sleep (E).
2. Agannazar's Scorcher, Detect Invisibility, Horror, Mirror Image (E), Monster Summoning II, Sound Burst, and Web.
3. Fireball or Skull Trap (E), Flame Arrow, Haste, Melf's Minute Meteors, Remove Magic (E), and Slow (E).
4. Confusion (E), Emotion: Despair, Greater Malison (E), Ice Storm or Vitriolic Sphere, Improved Invisibility, Secret Word (E), and Stoneskin (E).
5. Breach (E), Cone of Cold or Fireburst, Domination, Hold Monster, Lower Resistance (E), Monster Summoning V, and Shadow Door.
6. idk

Guest ktgrey

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36604/bg2-solo-scs-spell-guide

You can also look up http://forum.bioware.com/topic/461390-alicias-ascension-a-sorceresss-attempt-to-solo-the-scs-ascension-battle-on-insane/ via archive.org for a spell list used for no-reload insane

The main points as I remember are Spell Shield and Spell Immunity are absolutely vital, otherwise you cannot keep buffs up through Spellstrike and Remove Magic. Some kind of Spell Deflection/Turning is also very important. Level 9 spell picks are also a little different from what you might have in a party and picking PW:K over Time Stop isn't crazy.

Posted (edited)

I did wonder if Spell Shield would be a good investment (...and Spell Immunity doesn't exist in SRR, so that's my excuse there! :P). Solo sorcerer seems like a tough job.

Edited by Bartimaeus

On 4/13/2019 at 11:36 AM, Arthas said:

solo sorcerer playthrough. Is there anywhere a good list on which spells you are supposed to choose?

You need debuffs (Secret Word, Pierce Magic, True Sight, etc.) and counter debuffs (Spell Immunity, Spell Shield, Spell Turning is very useful), some Illusion school spells like Improved Invisibility, that Armor spell which improves your save vs. spells and some disablers (Emotion, Chaos etc). And ofcourse your nukes (Dragons Breath, ADHW, etc.)

On higher levels the best "strategy" is Improved Aclarity + whatever. Improved Aclarity is the best spell. For example classic combo:

Imp. Aclarity + Time Stop + Shape Change Mind Flyer + Devour Brain = Dead Yaga Shura

and  Chain Contingency spell. I preload with Remove Magic, Greater Malison, ADHW, then repeat with ADHWx3. Should kill everything.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:36 AM, Arthas said:

There's a guy on youtube (Davaeorn) that has extended videos on each arcane spell level talking about the pros and cons of each one on a SCS environment. Should be one of the first links you get. They are pretty long though so it's up to you.

3 hours ago, NdranC said:

There's a level 1... guides.

Fixed that for you. As in a link might have been a little easier that... bahahambaag...

19 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Fixed that for you. As in a link might have been a little easier that... bahahambaag...

👍

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this