Potion of explosion -> explode on launcher foots if launcher is a mage

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think this would be pretty easy with the EE engine. Not sure if you could do it with TOB though. 

Technically, I think I'll hit you in the head. Not sure I'll get a chance.

See, it's the same reply... as much lacking of the subject as the above. You know, the details. 😋

Export the potion's effects to a pair of spells, one with all of the effects set to target:self. The potion itself should have an EFF that targets class: mage (uses the self-targeted spell and blocks the normal spell) and then have the call to the spell with the normal effects.   

10 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

Export the potion's effects to a pair of spells, one with all of the effects set to target:self. The potion itself should have an EFF that targets class: mage (uses the self-targeted spell and blocks the normal spell) and then have the call to the spell with the normal effects.   

Can the potion have both effects and be chosen during the use which one to use ?

And of course, the self explosion one should likely protect the self from the effect. If for no other reason of probable self regen with 100+ positive resistance and a type of damage.

The "copy the effect of the potion in a spell and apply the spell to a mage via effect" is easy for "exploding on the hand of the launcher" BUT in this case the potion must not be launched and not impacted at the target. This is the real problem.

Move the projectile to the subspell.

item POTN26: projectile: NONE(1), or INAREA (94) to preserve new AoE marker in EE

• op177: Self, CLASS,MAGE_ALL, POTN26A
  • op177: Self, CLASS,MAGE_ALL, POTN26B, duration=1
  • op177: Self, EA,ANYONE, POTN26C

eff POTN26A: op146: Instant Cast, POTN26

eff POTN26B: op206: POTN26C

eff POTN26C: op148: Instant Cast, POTN26, SourceType:Spell, SourceRES:POTN26C 

spell POTN26: projectile:FIREBALL(38)

• op12 (copied from item)