Sign in to follow this  
Arthas

Can ankheg tweak be added?

Posted (edited)

I find it silly that you have to drop every ankheg shell otherwise you get payed X for all of them, instead of X for every single one.

Can a tweak be done to make it so that even if you sell 10 ankheg shells at once, you receive 10x the sum, instead of 1xthe sum?

Beside, another cute tweak would be to make it possible to get a better price if you have charisma 18

Pretty, please!

Edited by Arthas

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arthas said:

Can a tweak be done to make it so that even if you sell 10 ankheg shells at once, you receive 10x the sum, instead of 1xthe sum?

Yes, if you find a character that can handle 10 x 100 pounds/lbs of crashhopper carcases.

As in, so as soon as I see you, -in real live a photo- carry a 300 pounds of potatoes with you in a middeval armor, I'll do this. PS, that's 136 kg, and in about a cubic meter of space.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

On 4/20/2019 at 5:30 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yes, if you find a character that can handle 10 x 100 pounds/lbs of crashhopper carcases.

As in, so as soon as I see you, -in real live a photo- carry a 300 pounds of potatoes with you in a middeval armor, I'll do this. PS, that's 136 kg, and in about a cubic meter of space.

Sure, just let me pull out my Bag of Holding ;)

7 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

Sure, just let me pull out my Bag of Holding ;)

Sure, go ahead, but I need an actual picture... not just a mental image of a portal that doesn't exist.

PS: Just like there isn't a character you can make that can carry that 1000 lbs in the original game, there's no bags of holding... you need the charname to have 23 STR to be able to carry that weight. And if you let me, I'll just tell you that it's not just about weight... but actually momentum.

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2019 at 4:23 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Sure, go ahead, but I need an actual picture... not just a mental image of a portal that doesn't exist.

PS: Just like there isn't a character you can make that can carry that 1000 lbs in the original game, there's no bags of holding... you need the charname to have 23 STR to be able to carry that weight. And if you let me, I'll just tell you that it's not just about weight... but actually momentum.

Very true, but if I were playing the original game, I wouldn't be on a modding website. :D I get my Bag of Holding from Thalantyr, and I have so many mods I've lost track of which mod places one for sale there.

And yes, it would be quite a bit about momentum. Thank goodness the game isn't quite that realistic! But that's just my cup of tea :)

Edited by Lightbringer

If you mean the old 'you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself' encounters, then yes. These are set in the worldmap area links, but they're already very low probability (5% generally). A few randoms are forced--meeting Drizzt after the Underdark, for example, or Dorn in BGEE.

I'm playing EET and honestly every time I travel in Baldur's gate 1 I get waylaid.

What should I do to actually detect if the percentage was changed,

or... why not... just reduce the percentage

or simply remove every random encounter but the forced ones?

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, CamDawg said:

If you mean the old 'you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself' encounters, then yes. These are set in the worldmap area links, but they're already very low probability (5% generally). A few randoms are forced--meeting Drizzt after the Underdark, for example, or Dorn in BGEE.

From what I see in vanilla BG:EE there are quite a few links with probability 20-50%. In BG2:EE there are some links with probability 25-100% (and even >100% for some reason). Also I think the percentage values are cumulative when you travel between areas that are not directly connected (since you're travelling using more than 1 link).

1 hour ago, Arthas said:

I'm playing EET and honestly every time I travel in Baldur's gate 1 I get waylaid.

What should I do to actually detect if the percentage was changed,

or... why not... just reduce the percentage

or simply remove every random encounter but the forced ones?

If you're using default EET worldmap then nothing is changed compared to vanilla games - links data is taken directly from the BG:EE and BG2:EE worldmaps (on the fly during installation). Not sure if the same is true for BP-BGT Worldmap.

I'm not planning to add such tweak to EET Tweaks, sorry.

You can view the percentage values using this code: setup-dump_wmp.zip (taken from BP-BGT Worldmap). links.2da file, last column.

Edited by K4thos

Understood. I guess that I'm going to use CTRL+Y to every random encounter. Can't a tweak that actually reduce encounters according to your levels be added? Because it is easy to ambush a level 1 person, but it's not easy to ambush a level 7 person.

@k4thos

It's not that I don't want to add this particular tweak. I'd prefer to not maintain tweaks package at all: 

The fact that I've added new XP related tweak in recent version is a one time exception. More tweaks are not planned.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:53 AM, K4thos said:

From what I see in vanilla BG:EE there are quite a few links with probability 20-50%. In BG2:EE there are some links with probability 25-100% (and even >100% for some reason). Also I think the percentage values are cumulative when you travel between areas that are not directly connected (since you're travelling using more than 1 link).

Yes, you get checked for every link in a travel path. More than two-link travel is fairly rare in BG2 due to the sparsity of the map and its spoke-and-hub nature, but in BG traveling from Nashkel to Baldur's Gate covers a minimum of seven links.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this