Unrequited passion

Guest Gabriel

Guest Gabriel

First of all, I apologize for my poor English.  It's not my mother tongue.

I loved the character, great job.

However, I'm having trouble getting the romance forward.  I'm playing the EE version of the beamdog.  My team is formed by Yeslick, Minsc, Evandra, Isra and Amber.  I am not using multiple romance mod, and the romance with Evandra and Isra they are the assets (1).

Even so, Amber says we'll just be friends.  I know I've answered the right dialogues, because I've done her romance successfully in another play.  My intelligence and charisma are both 14, male character, bought Jill's bracelets, and "saved" Amber from kidnapping.

Lastly, I remember Amber had earrings the last time I played, but now, she has no helmet at all.

Please help this poor heart in love! 😃

Guest Gabriel

I'm using version 5, download gibberlings website.

My variables (just before the friends only dialogue) are:

M # AMBERJOINED: 1
M # AMBERKIDNAP: 9
M # AMBERMATCH: 4
M # AMBERRESCUE: 7
M # AMBERROMANCEACTIVE: 1
M # JILLBRACELET: 9
M # LORRAINE: 9

m#ambermatch is 4, which means that either the CHARNAME didn't meet the romance requirements or there was another romance in "serious" stage when the variable was checked. It's checked right after you start the game with the mod installed. (So that's before you first meet her.) It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, it's also possible to get that result via dialogue options. But they should be crystal clear and it's unlikely to happen by accident.

The good news is that the friendship track is fairly extensive too. You might consider playing that if you haven't already.

The earrings baffle me. They should be a fixed, unremoveable item on her helmet slot. They should be there regardless if you give her her equipment back or not in the joining dialogue.   

Guest Gabriel
On 4/20/2019 at 1:48 PM, Guest Gabriel said:

I'm using version 5, download gibberlings website.

My variables (just before the friends only dialogue) are:

M # AMBERJOINED: 1
M # AMBERKIDNAP: 9
M # AMBERMATCH: 4
M # AMBERRESCUE: 7
M # AMBERROMANCEACTIVE: 1
M # JILLBRACELET: 9
M # LORRAINE: 9

Well, I started a new game to check what happened.  I'm sure that i was not with another relationship, but I had to reinstall the mod several times, I do not know why, but when I installed other mods, Amber was uninstall.  Now I have done a new installation of the game, with the installation of Amber mod last.

Guest Gabriel

So I started a new game. My character is an elf with 16 charisma and 16 intelligence. I had not made any changes, either via CLUE or EE Keeper. I dispatched from the beginning the original women NPCs, and when I got Amber I was with Minsc, Isra, Yasrena, Yoshimo and my second character (created in multiplay: Dwarf cleric fighter, smart and charismatic).

In the dialogue in the prision, did not appear the possibility to present my NPC dwarf to her. Until then, I figured she did not like little ones.

I'm was not committed to either of the two women in the group.

Well, I kept playing, this time, Amber had her earrings, I rescued her when she was kidnapped, she thanked me the way only she knows how to thank ... I decided to check the variables and to my surprise M # AMBERROMANCEACTIVE is 3 .

I checked the variables of the other women in the group, in this case Isra and Evandra (I dispatched Yasrena when I took Amber into prison and exchanged yoshim for evandra):

So, the variables of the other's female NPCs has:

RH # ISRAROMANCEACTIVE: 1

As for Evandra, I only found this variable, but I do not even know if it's hers:

RH # EVAROMANCECHECK: 1

Anyway, Evandra does not even talk to me, so I guess we're not engaged.

Finally, I decided to check the variables of the first save I made, as soon as I got Amber, and M # AMBERROMANCEACTIVE was already 3, even before I chatted to her.

It's just an outburst of a passionate heart ... I gave up.